Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 28th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

just been reading the midland thread they seem to be getting very nerves up there, plus you people better look out seems some very heavy stuff near Brighton at the moment

Heavier pulses of rain here. Luckily nothing torrential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Slough, Surrey, Hampshire, Bracknell Forest, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Brighton and Hove & East Sussex

valid from 1135 Fri 06 Jul to 2359 Fri 06 Jul

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html?from=rss&sn=B18B59EA-A5C6-55CE-5975-518C5AF6A35F_7_SE

Posted

Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Slough, Surrey, Hampshire, Bracknell Forest, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Brighton and Hove & East Sussex

valid from 1135 Fri 06 Jul to 2359 Fri 06 Jul

http://www.metoffice...8C5AF6A35F_7_SE

Thanks MK, I checked on the MO website and this was issued at 11:31, and is valid from 11:35. Frankly, 4 minutes notice is not really long enough and I am now soaked. I blame the met office.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Ey up, it's brightening up here in Ippy. If the sun gets out maybe get some action later on today. (she says clutching at that straw again) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Lightning indicated near Hastings. Can anyone confirm?

Posted

Crikey, there's some really really black clouds bubbling up to the south. (and those gulls are at it again lol) ;)

Posted

Crikey, there's some really really black clouds bubbling up to the south. (and those gulls are at it again lol) tease.gif

You need to take an air rifle to the little blighters. They've already given you one false dawn.wink.png

Posted

You need to take an air rifle to the little blighters. They've already given you one false dawn.wink.png

Aww, poor little things. Nah, black clouds moved swiftly over but it's quite muggy out there. And those gulls are yelping and screaming all night. It's like being at the sea side. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I find it chilly here,my weather station is showing 16.9 ,dew point 15.1,cloud cover but no rain at the mo

Posted

Quite a lot of activity over Northern France, as has been suggested. Not sure if it means anything for us though.

Turning into a nothing sort of day here. I'm hoping the Sun can find a way of showing itself.

Posted

Sun is shining.cool.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

All the lightning doesn't want to leave the french coast. Why is the southeast so poor for storms, I know there where a couple of storms earlier this year none of them hit here though.

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the cold channel creating conditions over the southeast that arn't condusive to thunderstorms maybe? They leave the french coast electrified lose the electrification over the channel and they don't regain electrification untill they are in ther midlands??? mmmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ok So I have just starred at the rainfall radar on NW for about 10 mins. It seems that there are a few areas which seem to be intensifying. One currently off the south west coast west of Southampton/Bournemouth and one west of brighton. Both look the potential to pack a punch if they land.

It seems to me and I wonder what other peoples thoughts are is that the south west so Wilts/Glocs have a line of PPN also intensifying and seemingly looks more troublesome than those currently in the midlands - It seems atm the midlands are nt having the deluge the media was depicting on the news this morning? I may be completely wrong and would welcome others thoughts.

PB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Wow, the Rain has just gotten really heavy here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thanks MK, I checked on the MO website and this was issued at 11:31, and is valid from 11:35. Frankly, 4 minutes notice is not really long enough and I am now soaked. I blame the met office.

AS

I blame the weather LOL did you really need a warning to tell you it was already raining....I find looking out of the window normally works blum.gif

Anyway they have given you plenty of notice for tomorrow's rain...

Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Kent, Milton Keynes, Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth & Southampton

valid from 0000 Sat 07 Jul to 2300 Sat 07 Jul

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Suffolk, Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton & Thurrock

Issued at - 06 Jul 2012, 12:33

Valid from - 07 Jul 2012, 00:00

Valid to - 07 Jul 2012, 23:00

Further heavy showers or longer periods of rain are expected during Saturday. Although not all places will see the heaviest of the rain, where it does fall it is likely to lead to surface water flooding and some disruption to travel. There remains some uncertainty in the location of the heaviest rainfall, but at this time the southwest of England looks the most likely area to be affected.

The public should be prepared for the likelihood of surface water flooding and some disruption to travel and outdoor activities, particularly in the Amber warning area.

........so if you start building now you should be fine good.gif

post-10773-0-26631600-1341579943_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Stopped already, decent shower though.

All the lightning doesn't want to leave the french coast. Why is the southeast so poor for storms, I know there where a couple of storms earlier this year none of them hit here though.

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the cold channel creating conditions over the southeast that arn't condusive to thunderstorms maybe? They leave the french coast electrified lose the electrification over the channel and they don't regain electrification untill they are in ther midlands??? mmmm

cant be the cold channel as the North sea seems to generate plenty of storms for the North East coasts yet the North Sea last time i checked IS colder than the Channel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

That was a heavy shower and it's still coming down but I can see blue sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

contour_sst.gif

Shouldn't the north sea and channel be warmer then the atlantic due to there shallow nature?

Posted

My inbox has been jammed up today with weather warnings from the MetOffice... as if we needed reminding that it's going to be hissing it down for the foreseeable future.. will it ever end????? dry.png

Posted

I blame the weather LOL did you really need a warning to tell you it was already raining....I find looking out of the window normally works blum.gif

Anyway they have given you plenty of notice for tomorrow's rain...

Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Kent, Milton Keynes, Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth & Southampton

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Suffolk, Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton & Thurrock

Issued at - 06 Jul 2012, 12:33

Valid from - 07 Jul 2012, 00:00

Valid to - 07 Jul 2012, 23:00

Further heavy showers or longer periods of rain are expected during Saturday. Although not all places will see the heaviest of the rain, where it does fall it is likely to lead to surface water flooding and some disruption to travel. There remains some uncertainty in the location of the heaviest rainfall, but at this time the southwest of England looks the most likely area to be affected.

The public should be prepared for the likelihood of surface water flooding and some disruption to travel and outdoor activities, particularly in the Amber warning area.

........so if you start building now you should be fine good.gif

post-10773-0-26631600-1341579943_thumb.j

I feel like Tantalus.sad.pngwink.png

Edit. Actually, I don't now, as the shaded area stops short of where I live.unsure.png

Edited by The Föhns