Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I kinda expect things to turn a bit wet later, raintoday shows showers around Cheshire gap area, moving SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just had a little hail shower break through, which I didn't quite expect considering how light the radar showed the shower to be. :) Indeed there's quite a few showers packing in from the West/North-West. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

BRRRRRR to sum it up in one word lol!!! All the cars are frozen over 1st frost of the autumn, note to self look out the window before going outside in your shorts to throw rubbish out haha!!

Posted

Chilly this morning! But bright and clear and beautiful - I'd take this over gloomy grey skies any day. :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A look at the week ahead:

http://forum.netweat...t-october-2012/

Good work, as ever Tony good.gif

A chilly cloudy day today with occasional light showers in a light to moderate breeze....Some potentially heavy rain and some wind to come overnight, though tomorrow doesn't look too bad

Posted

Some incredibly warm uppers for the time of year from the end of the week right into next week across much of Europe, track further west atlantic lows, bring that warmth this way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

*ahem*.....IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? whistling.gif

Posted

Good afternoon. Been lurking all summer but thought I'd come back on while not much is happening. So some slightly warmer weather followed by some slightly colder weather. This Autumn does seem very 'normal'...whatever that is!

Anyway, will be leaving Wordsley in Stourbridge in the next month to move to (hopefully if solicitors get their act together and nothing else goes wrong) Upper Gornal in Dudley. Not very far at all but I will be going from 80 metres asl to 204 metres asl which is quite a difference. Will be interesting if it's enough to make any difference this winter. My wife will still be coming to Stourbridge for work every day so it'll be interesting to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Good afternoon. Been lurking all summer but thought I'd come back on while not much is happening. So some slightly warmer weather followed by some slightly colder weather. This Autumn does seem very 'normal'...whatever that is!

Anyway, will be leaving Wordsley in Stourbridge in the next month to move to (hopefully if solicitors get their act together and nothing else goes wrong) Upper Gornal in Dudley. Not very far at all but I will be going from 80 metres asl to 204 metres asl which is quite a difference. Will be interesting if it's enough to make any difference this winter. My wife will still be coming to Stourbridge for work every day so it'll be interesting to see.

A change in altitude of that magnitude would be enough to make a significant difference to the depth of lying snow you're likely to see, particularly in marginal situations, Let's hope the winter delivers enough to prove the point.

Posted

Indeed, hopefully I'll get to see what a difference it makes. When our offer was accepted, the altitude was one of the first things I checked out knowing the hilly nature of the Black Country. Does that make me a bit sad? Anyway, hopefully will be moved in by mid November providing everything goes smoothly and there's no last minute nasty surprises (fingers crossed).

Just been for a walk with the dog, it's a pleasant afternoon if a bit grey. Feels very much like Christmas day did last year when we went for a lengthy walk in the afternoon. Reminds me of how we were constantly chasing some kind of change in the weather last winter. It took until February and that didn't deliver much. That snowy Sunday at the start of February salvaged what could have been one of the worst winters ever! I get the feeling it'll be better this time around but still far away from the likes of February 2009, January 2010 or December 2010. Having said that, winter 2011/2012 did deliver interesting weather in the way of squally cold fronts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

*ahem*.....IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? whistling.gif

Hi AJ - I'm lurking here and there. Busy reading all the 'will it / wont it' arguments about a possible snowy winter on the general chat threads.

It passes the time :)

Posted

This has been such a yawnfest Autumn since that early September warm spell ended, the week ahead until the (potential) northerly looks like bringing the worst type of weather aka slate grey dark skies the entire week.

Posted

could see my first minus minimum of season next sat morning, prefer the GFS medium FI range very cold high and frosts

surely nobody wants a northerly with rain streaming through cheshire gap at 2°C, ECMWF deep FI seems to suggest that

Edited by ihatetherain

Posted

Hmm slate grey skies this week? Should get decent sunny spells Tue to Thurs? Warm for the end of Oct too.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Hmm slate grey skies this week? Should get decent sunny spells Tue to Thurs? Warm for the end of Oct too.

For you in West Wales maybe, for here it's a dead cert 100% cloudcover fest guaranteed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning Midlanders,

A netweather get together has been arranged by some of us in the South East and East Anglia regional thread to take place in Milton Keynes on Saturday 8th December in a private area of the dining room at the Shenley Lodge Toby Carvey for the £13.49 seasonal menu option !

There is an adjacent Travelodge with £24 rooms available, if any of you here are interested in joining us for what should be a very enjoyable evening and a chance to put some faces to names you are very welcome, please send me a personal message for more details.

Ali angel.gif

Posted
Posted

GFS give a horrendous (24th Sept) style washout tomorrow, but hopefully GFS is too dramatic with ppn, bbc/meto give a wet day but lighter rain at least at times

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tenerife weather

Lovely sunny day and quite warm too, next few days are nice and mild then it goes really crappy and cold after thursday.

Just wish I had the money to leave this country for the next 6 months and go somewhere warm.

Posted

GFS give a horrendous (24th Sept) style washout tomorrow, but hopefully GFS is too dramatic with ppn, bbc/meto give a wet day but lighter rain at least at times

Just looks grey and drizzly to me after some light rain early on, very dismal day indeed.

Cloud arrived not long before sunset here so all in all a lovely day with a high of 13.4c/