Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

NMM 18z going for wintriness over the West Midlands/East Wales on Sunday now. Ahaha. I still think the risk is very very low.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Although it's probably unlikely, hoping the GFS can inject some slightly colder uppers into the system - just enough to at least see a bit of sleet/wet snow down to lower levels.

Posted

NMM 18z going for wintriness over the West Midlands/East Wales on Sunday now. Ahaha. I still think the risk is very very low.

sorry again but a link? ive bookmarked the nae one so i wont need to ask anymore, its hard to navigate on my phone hehe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sorry Staffs, laugh.png, here it is: http://www.meteociel...eles/wrfnmm.php

As you can see its more 'West' west Midlands and East Wales but good to see NMM hinting at a little something maybe.

Last time I saw snow was in May so on an average year, this could be one of the shortest gaps between the last snow of the previous season and the first wintriness of the new winter season. smile.png To be honest I dont expect anything this Sunday but a cold, raw, wet day is quite likely at present!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Sorry Staffs, laugh.png, here it is: http://www.meteociel...eles/wrfnmm.php

As you can see its more 'West' west Midlands and East Wales but good to see NMM hinting at a little something maybe.

Last time I saw snow was in May so on an average year, this could be one of the shortest gaps between the last snow of the previous season and the first wintriness of the new winter season. :) To be honest I dont expect anything this Sunday but a cold, raw, wet day quite likely at present!

cheers for that one mate! wont have to be a pain in the back side now! but yeah dosent look likely to me either however the hi res models are the ones picking up on it sooo.. and also the gfs has 528 dam just paying us a quick visit but i guess the uppers are to low, especially at this time of year! also the heavier the ppn will help us to with the cooling, just have to wait and see i guess! and i think it was 4th may? or 1st? cant quite remember myself! Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i don't think we will c any snow here in brum, how ever oct 08 we had snow so here's hoping. I've no dout we will end up with crappy rain. Infact the met have a yello rain warning for wm. www.metoffice.gov.uka

Posted

It's what happened in October 2008 that gets you wondering isn't it? It's very likely to be cold rain but there are so many parameters you just never know. Not worth getting excited or out of bed for...but worth glancing an eye towards the window now and again.

Well I'm moving to Upper Gornal on Friday. There's a joke in my family that it always snows when one of us moves. Think I'm about to break family tradition!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Tommorow's washout/wintry potential slipping through the channel now shock horror!

Pretty standard day here, heavy showers to the west splitting in half and just giving overcast skies here but a chilly day at 8c, not like this time last year when it was double this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Tommorow's washout/wintry potential slipping through the channel now shock horror!

Pretty standard day here, heavy showers to the west splitting in half and just giving overcast skies here but a chilly day at 8c, not like this time last year when it was double this.

What do you mean shock horror? GFS 00z was shock horror, 2C and torrential rain, now looks a decent day on meto, bbc and GFS

Posted

OMW back from the chippy around an hour ago, I saw several large snowflakes in my headlamps!!!! Things are looking up!

This is my first snowfall for over a year!

Posted

What do you mean shock horror? GFS 00z was shock horror, 2C and torrential rain, now looks a decent day on meto, bbc and GFS

Was hoping for some wintriness before the bland mild spell next week but if it's sunny tommorow I guess I can deal without aha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sunny unlikely I think, but hopefully the rain will miss to the SE, dont mind it mild for now, still a bit early for real snow yet, give it 2 weeks then hope signs of something cold

Posted

Yep, a few showers trying quite hard to survive the Welsh mountains. The largest ones may reach here although lighter by which time probably not heavy enough for any wintriness....maybe a little sleet possible.

Btw, im now back in Stourbridge for a few days. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

well, well,well, as per bloomin usual my area is missing all the action.

It seems that we will be forever fated to watch as any snow will ALWAYS miss us by around 10 or so miles.

I know it,s early days for winter, but we do always seem to get kicked in the teeth in my area.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

That's the nature of the Midland's climate. Could be some sleetiness in the heavy rain over the Midland's today, and snow over the Cotswolds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's been snowing heavily here!......Oh wait, I've moved, now darn sarf.... (not rubbing it in at all.... whistling.gifbomb.gif )

lol

Posted

Just a few spots of rain here...the whole thing is just a tiny bit too far east. Left us with a cold gloomy day instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Wow, it's snowing quite heavily here :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Where are you WeatherGuy ??

Daventry, so we're quite high up compared to surrounding areas smiliz39.gif

It's turned back to more sleety stuff now, but for a moment it started to show signs of settling on the grass

Edited by weatherguy