Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 7th July 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
help.gif cant quote as im not sure of correct way on computer ,still learning ,but in reply to LYNXUS UP IN GLORIOUS GLOS ,the forecaster said it very quick so i might of mis read not listened correctly ,but weekend looking v wet . any shower activity up in glos area at the moment ,nothing here but looking quite dark north of here ,my computer is slow ,no memory , radar keeps on freezing on frames ,im gettting it sorted soon . just got some of my meteorology magazines out from loft and im going to spend awhile reading parts i didnt find juicy at the time . cheers drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

help.gif cant quote as im not sure of correct way on computer ,still learning ,but in reply to LYNXUS UP IN GLORIOUS GLOS ,the forecaster said it very quick so i might of mis read not listened correctly ,but weekend looking v wet . any shower activity up in glos area at the moment ,nothing here but looking quite dark north of here ,my computer is slow ,no memory , radar keeps on freezing on frames ,im gettting it sorted soon . just got some of my meteorology magazines out from loft and im going to spend awhile reading parts i didnt find juicy at the time . cheers drinks.gif

Just hit "Quote" in the bottom right of the users post..

Anyway,

Its fairly sunny here. Some scattered clouds. No PPN though.

Radar does show that theres some convective showers moving in from the west. Doesnt look to active as yet though.

I see theres a sferic down south now. Just north of salisbury. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Might be an interesting link to bookmark for the next few days...if you all ready havn`tgood.gif

http://www.floodwarn.co.uk/rivercams.htm

Temperature struggling at the moment but greyness begining to break up ....reavealing a fair amount of convection

Heavier cells coming in from the West to keep an eye on ( Hopefully giving Shrewbury a break )

Posted

Might be an interesting link to bookmark for the next few days...if you all ready havn`tgood.gif

http://www.floodwarn...k/rivercams.htm

Temperature struggling at the moment but greyness begining to break up ....reavealing a fair amount of convection

Heavier cells coming in from the West to keep an eye on ( Hopefully giving Shrewbury a break )

Fyi, Adverts may not be safe for work..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

honestly, I have had enough of this rain now... almost 24 hours non stop rain ranging from heavy to light, but damn persistent... We have had a drenching

Posted

So plenty of rain everywhere but no thunder or lightning then?

Ah well, makes a change I suppose :doh:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Would be if they were n't nearly all out of date/ error page can't be found.

EDIT: Most of the cams further down the page are current when clicked on, so more useful.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Would be if they were n't nearly all out of date/ error page can't be found.

EDIT: Most of the cams further down the page are current when clicked on, so more useful.

To be honest Tony, i only tried the Shrewsbury link ...a section which I know through fishing.....it`s running a bit full to me

A future project for the Brumcam site is to be able to display all of the relevant web cam links including your own which can be a good indicator to Birmingham's upcoming weathergood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I prefer http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/live-webcams/ They are all up to date and you can see previous images and compare levels hour by hour.

Some slow moving burst of heavy rain around here today, and although there has been a few strikes detected not too far away, I haven't seen or heard anything yet.

Posted

Just had a brief but VERY HEAVY shower.

Posted

Yeahhhhh, its stopped raining, and the sun is trying to pop out, whats the chances of that happening and setting off more showers???????

Posted

Where do all these warnings comes from?! I looked a few days ago, there were none, now there are some for almost every day of the week and the area for Wednesdays has just increased as well.

Posted

Met Office

Posted

So a shed load of showers, but no show for convective storms so far. I'm seeing this as a possible from GFS:

18_20.gif

and loving this!

30_20.gif

Quiet again until Friday then:

72_20.gif

Isolated:

78_20.gif

84_20.gif

and Saturday stacking up well at this distant range:

108_20.gif

Wow! Brilliant storm! Few vids and pics to upload only one lighting strike and thunder BUT THE RAIN! flooding is a concern for the local river as it is prone to flashing flooding!

Edit: At last, someone with a bit of thunder! clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It looks like some areas around Southampton have had very heavy showers for much of the afternoon. Can anyone confirm?

Posted

Loads of instability and storms in South Ireland.. I wonder if that will transfer across.

New Met-o warning for around here from now till thursday....

Gonna get wet!

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Fairly weak storm moving in from the west across Heathrow, just seen a flash and heard big boom of thunder here in Hounslow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Loads of instability and storms in South Ireland.. I wonder if that will transfer across.

New Met-o warning for around here from now till thursday....

Gonna get wet!

I wouldn't read too much into that warning. By reading both the Meto and BBC forecasts for tonight and tomorrow it broadly mentions lengthy sunny spells with occasional heavy showers possibly, possibly thundery.

Think that warning as been put there as a caution I case any heavy showers further affect the volatile flooding situation around the Dorset, Devon area .

Had one shower here today, otherwise sunny and warm sums it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Currently enjoying a sunny spell as the greyness has broken. Better get outside and make the most of it!

Posted

I wouldn't read too much into that warning. By reading both the Meto and BBC forecasts for tonight and tomorrow it broadly mentions lengthy sunny spells with occasional heavy showers possibly, possibly thundery.

Think that warning as been put there as a caution I case any heavy showers further affect the volatile flooding situation around the Dorset, Devon area .

Had one shower here today, otherwise sunny and warm sums it up.

Im interested in the instability moving in from Ireland. Should make landfall in a hour or so in west wales so will be interesting what happens when it hits land.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

managed to sort my radar problem out . just had 5min of mod rain ,looking at warnings and weather charts im half expecting some action moving in from the west towards midnight down here,and a better day tomorrow for showers here .then the frontal events later thurs and friday .believe it or not im far more confident with todays 48/72 hour charts than what was around back in my prime but come tomorrow we should be able to nail it /[fingers crossed ] must be a big concern for those with already swolen rivers . off to cook evening meal ,will catch up with all later cheers .