Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 11th July 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Snow, Heatwaves and extreme weather.

What !! OMG I am literally only just down the road and totally missed that !! Gutted ! 4 (and a half) rumbles of thunder is all I have had this year !

Storm number 2 here now and its packing quite a punch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

So any people got anything to upload of interest from these storms?

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Storm number 2 here now and its packing quite a punch.

Rub it in why don't you ! Actually things are pepping up here right now.....This could be my first proper storm of the year !

Posted
sad.png Heard three rumbles of thunder in Corfe Mullen today, it looked so good and then it disappeared off to Blandford. Not fair, lots of fab looking clouds to the NE of me but clear blue skies here. Hey ho. Looks like there are a fair few around though so I can still hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

All so damn close yet so far lol..

Just moderate rain here at the moment. yet to my east! A cell appears in 10 minutes and shows sferics.

Yay , go stormsheild.

Posted

Driving southwards from Uxbridge (very heavy rain for school run) towards Heathrow at 3.45, a beautiful streak of lightning in the sky a few miles ahead, then heading down the M25 in Surrey another distant fork of lightning was visible. Beautiful towering clouds and some dark looking skies all around, but heading east towards Surbiton up the A3 it was a matter of all around us, but generally missing out. Husband says a heavy storm with thunder came through mid-afternoon sufficient to scare the bassett hound, but the wannabee storm chasers (me and son) could only admire the skies:( Raining with blue skies, sunshine and cloud now. Shall I go out for my evening power walk... hmmm....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Snow, Heatwaves and extreme weather.

Rub it in why don't you ! Actually things are pepping up here right now.....This could be my first proper storm of the year !

Second storm was/is amazing. Road is a river - from one side to the other. Constant lightning and thunder, which is still going. I see blue skies now appearing to the West.No TV though!

Saturday looks another good day for storms.

Posted

Does the NW radar pickup IC or is it purely CG???

strike rate here is fantastic and the previous two storms appear to pickup intensity as they hit the downs

Posted

sky getting darker again, sky tv keeps loosing signal...... is storm number2 about to break out???? anyone know if any heading for hampshire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Does the NW radar pickup IC or is it purely CG???

strike rate here is fantastic and the previous two storms appear to pickup intensity as they hit the downs

As far as i know its detects both IC and CG ( + or - )

Thats such a beast of a storm in South london

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

sky getting darker again, sky tv keeps loosing signal...... is storm number2 about to break out???? anyone know if any heading for hampshire?

Im due east of you and a heavy shower has just passed giving only rain, yet its still just about over me and now giving regular thunder, not sure how much is left to come for us...dont think its heading for you..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been a nice day today for the first time in about 2 weeks - if a little chilly!

Looks like a good day for the South and South East today and a respite for my area for the next few days from a storms perspective. Southern areas looking good again on Friday/Saturday.

Posted

Im due east of you and a heavy shower has just passed giving only rain, yet its still just about over me and now giving regular thunder, not sure how much is left to come for us...dont think its heading for you..

you may have another on your way as just started to thunder here

Posted

As far as i know its detects both IC and CG ( + or - )

Thats such a beast of a storm in South london

It's fantastic - I've just been stood in the garden watching and getting soaked - just passing through now still going strong - Kitchen roof popped a leak so that had to be dealt with :).

Very strange cloud formation at the back - I know it sounds strange but it looks like there is a gust front at the back?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

you may have another on your way as just started to thunder here

The one leaving me seems to be intensifying and growing rapidly, anyone got reports?

Posted

Just drove back down M23 from Croydon and there was one of the biggest cells I have seen in a long time, huge towering black mass, brief intense rain/hail but we missed the best of it.

Still looked incredible from a distance, reminded me of an American sky.

Posted

OK judging by the tweets around Reigate, there seems to be lots of flooding problems across the town. No wonder after that mega storm. Truely remarkable stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Tunbridge Wells taking a bit of a battering. I've had to postpone leaving work because the rain is so bad and I don't want to miss all the storms!

Posted

Well, what can I say. After the heaviest rain event I've known here in my lifetime happened on the 7th, and a thunderstorm on the 6th, perfectly timed for the one week in hundreds I (but not parents + brother) was out the country on the 3rd-10th July, In which the stream and river flooded which I find very interesting when happens being interested in river systems and also severe weather, I thought interesting weather surely must be trying to avoid me. Indeed I was not at home last time it did this in a big way on the 30th October 2008 (the first in ages).

Also 2 decent thunderstorms while in exams or windowless rooms in the last few years (A high percentage of all total storms in that time)

Then today my mum drove to a town to take my gran up to see relatives. I could have gone but was a bit tired after arriving home yesterday, and thought it just looked like a 'thundery shower' day and here seemed to have a chance. What's more if I had gone here would surely have had a thunderstorm. Guess which town that was. Yep, you guessed it, Reigate! The town that looks to have at least 2 major thunderstorms today with dramatic reports coming from them!

This shows that interesting weather has proved that it usually tries to avoid me at all costs. The statistical likelihood of what's happened happening must be very small, and with anything that could be controlled/done by a person would be pretty strong evidence. It seemed to have a minor error on the 28th June at 3:30am though but that was soon compensated for.

I have decided I will probably go out and chase in the coming days and find the weather, although no doubt it will mean a thunderstorm magically hits my house. laugh.png I've got to laugh really or else I don't know what I'd do.

Some nice cumulus/distant CB's tobay but only a brief shower at my house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Gone very dark here again. Looks like another one on its way.

If it's the one I've just had you're in for a treat!

Posted

Just had a surprisingly electrically active thunderstorm, preceded by a gust front, here on the east coast of Ireland, 20 miles north of Dublin. It was very active until i whipped the camera out and started recording, there was no more lightning after that. acute.gif

Its been the first decent storm at this location since the convective Irish Sea thundersnow of late Nov 2010, in fact.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Right well had a very loud bang in T. Wells earlier this afternoon, but no rain or fruther rumblings. Then got caught in a deluge at about 5pm. There are some serious bad boy thunderclouds on the horiszon, which I think are moving in this direction.

Come on storm, you are long overdue!clapping.gif