Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 12th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The radar isn't as exciting as I'd thought it might've been by now! Was hoping to come home from work to see lots of showers breaking out sad.png

I didn't think the CAPE / LI forecast was brilliant this morning, but Kent seemed most favoured in our zone.

My mind has gone from storms for the moment (I think they've only been figments recently anyway...biggrin.png) Now in potential summery weather mode.

When a potentially decent thundery spell reappears, I'll change again.cool.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I didn't think the CAPE / LI forecast was brilliant this morning, but Kent seemed most favoured in our zone.

My mind has gone from storms for the moment (I think they've only been figments recently anyway...biggrin.png) Now in potential summery weather mode.

When a potentially decent thundery spell reappears, I'll change again.cool.png

They are just myths like Thor I think. Very muggy here now after some fairly heavy rain earlier today and very overcast.

Posted

They are just myths like Thor I think. Very muggy here now after some fairly heavy rain earlier today and very overcast.

The BBC forecast for tomorrow looks reasonably optimistic for one last chance of thunder before the warm spell. The models here don't look that great to me though.unsure.png

Posted

No, the LI and Cape doesn't look too brilliant either. Maybe some for parts of the SE and Midlands. But bearing in mind I'm just learning to read those charts so I may be totally wrong. :) Please correct me if I am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

valid from 0005 Fri 20 Jul to 2200 Fri 20 Jul

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Southend-on-Sea & Thurrock

valid from 0005 Fri 20 Jul to 2200 Fri 20 Jul

Issued at: 1644 on Thu 19 Jul 2012

Heavy showers may become slow moving and merge to give 1-2 hours of heavy rain with a risk of isolated thunder. There is a small risk of localised surface water flooding, particularly in urban areas. As with all showery events many places will miss the heaviest rain and some may stay dry all day.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=E04F615B-6890-3688-94CE-9FDBD216F715_1_SE

Posted

No, the LI and Cape doesn't look too brilliant either. Maybe some for parts of the SE and Midlands. But bearing in mind I'm just learning to read those charts so I may be totally wrong. smile.png Please correct me if I am.

Same as I was looking at.smile.png

I've only recently (last couple of months) been taking a keen interest in the different models and there's definitely a lot of learning to be done hereblush.png ! Some of the charts posted on this site I have to really study and interpret, as they are not natural to me at all. Give me a year before I think I'll be somewhat competent, but it'll be fun learning!biggrin.png

I do think there's a lot to be learned by just watching nature at work though and then thinking why things happen, for instance why do rising cumulus clouds often have sharply defined edges? dense cloud and then suddenly totally clear? or watching eddies in water where fast flowing water meets quite still water and wondering why these happen?

When you think like that, then some of the explanations, given by people, make a lot more sense, imho, as the behaviour of fluids (if you can think of the atmosphere as a fluid, as well as the more obvious water) can be very similar when subject to certain forces. There's a universal reason for all weather behaviour, whether it's within our knowledge grasp or not.smile.png

While I've been typing this, EastEnders, with all its shouting has come on!ph34r.png Not a fan.

Posted

Same as I was looking at.smile.png

I've only recently (last couple of months) been taking a keen interest in the different models and there's definitely a lot of learning to be done hereblush.png ! Some of the charts posted on this site I have to really study and interpret, as they are not natural to me at all. Give me a year before I think I'll be somewhat competent, but it'll be fun learning!biggrin.png

I do think there's a lot to be learned by just watching nature at work though and then thinking why things happen, for instance why do rising cumulus clouds often have sharply defined edges? dense cloud and then suddenly totally clear? or watching eddies in water where fast flowing water meets quite still water and wondering why these happen?

When you think like that, then some of the explanations, given by people, make a lot more sense, imho, as the behaviour of fluids (if you can think of the atmosphere as a fluid, as well as the more obvious water) can be very similar when subject to certain forces. There's a universal reason for all weather behaviour, whether it's within our knowledge grasp or not.smile.png

While I've been typing this, EastEnders, with all its shouting has come on!ph34r.png Not a fan.

I never thought of it like that, but you're right; nature and the weather are very closely intertwined. Must give that more thought. :)

Nah, Eastenders is so depressing IMO as are most soaps. Personally I much prefer a good documentary or docu drama. :D

Posted

there is another way of predicting the outlook

wait until they bring out a hose pipe ban

wash your car or start of the cricket season

or wait until winter when the jet goes above us blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

there is another way of predicting the outlook

wait until they bring out a hose pipe ban

wash your car or start of the cricket season

or wait until winter when the jet goes above us blum.gif

Now now John,Be a good boy don't tempt fate. Remember what started when pinocchio told porkies.rofl.gif

Posted

starting to look very black to the west threatening looking cloud

Well it is Night time..........lol

Posted

i said threatening lol

LOL Alright calm down calm down,I don't think much will happen tonight, If the cloud is westerly based then it will look darker as the sun setting ray is behind it.

Jason

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

me neither, don't really watch any of the soaps...you could always change channels, and while you've got the remote control in your hand can you fast forward to the weekend please angel.gif

Posted

This has been all so long overdue.........Enjoy the 14 day summer weather,Ladies Welcome,...... Gents waiting for you,Us gents, Welcome... Wooooman for us. I love Summer.

post-11193-0-75204800-1342732802_thumb.j

post-11193-0-46831200-1342732821_thumb.j

post-11193-0-42660500-1342732830_thumb.j

post-11193-0-31110300-1342732896_thumb.j

post-11193-0-59514400-1342732933_thumb.j

post-11193-0-73545900-1342733464_thumb.j

post-11193-0-64487500-1342733650_thumb.j

post-11193-0-94958000-1342733690_thumb.j

post-11193-0-22657600-1342733740_thumb.j

Edited by Jason T

Posted

LOL Alright calm down calm down,I don't think much will happen tonight, If the cloud is westerly based then it will look darker as the sun setting ray is behind it.

Jason

did u not see eastofax warning and it was definatly jet black rain cloud nothing to do with sun setting lol

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

met office warnings for tomorrow

PPVE89.gif?31415

shows the front over the south east so heavy rain it is for tomorrow

now the best bit

PPVI89.gif?31415

saturday dry warm and sunny spells

PPVK89.gif?31415

sunday dry warm and sunny

PPVM89.gif?31415

monday dry warm and sunny

PPVO89.gif?31415

tuesday warm with a slim chance of some showers

the further north of the region more likely

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Posted

did u not see eastofax warning and it was definatly jet black rain cloud nothing to do with sun setting lol

I did biddie, but Amongst other things the humidity was low,However tomorrow holds a good chance is high,If you stepped outside now,There is no chill in the air at all,That is the start of our pattern change,So now we have low and high in the mix and when the sun comes up and starts to generate...(BOOM).

Regards.

Jason.

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

anyone near watford pick up anything from the cell that just past

JP, I think there evaporating faster than creating,Although Humidity has picked up now. Moisture could be drying up quicker from the low pressure being weak. If I'm wrong John please let me know.

Regards,

Jason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

anyone near watford pick up anything from the cell that just past

No mate was looking out my window in anticipation though.

Posted

its hard to say at present

humidity has gone up which is weird at night

recently

some showers seem to be pepping up to the north of london

not seeing any lightning as cape is not there

t1342737510.gif

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

some interesting temperatures tonight