Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 12th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

HEAVY RAIN TOMORROW NOOO?????

John P,You Explain your much better. Good night John.

Posted

No mate was looking out my window in anticipation though.

cheers mate

shame as the radar looked good for something from itsad.png

John P,You Explain your much better. Good night John.

you do alright mate

the warning from the met office looks pretty wet

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

John, I could not resist...You are a fab forecaster on here and have been the most positive,Love your post's and I'm sure so do many, Yes tomorrow looks quite wet,With the high kicking in, So will humidity,To which has really picked up tonight (but) this is a bonus as tomorrow could be a real corker,I even think Hale could be involved,Storms could be very much active tomorrow before the high pressure really settles down and brings a true taste of summer.To be honest..........I can't wait John. We need this to break this stale mate,I also believe it can offer a bigger storm scenario with colder air feeding in later. Cant remember the last time the South-East /Anglia Regional Thread had a REAL Cracking Storm. Good night Mate.

Jason.

Posted

as its late i can show some x rated posts from gfs 18z

Rtavn36011.png

Rtavn36017.png

Rtavn37211.png

Rtavn37217.png

Rtavn38411.png

Rtavn38417.png

Rtavn3604.png

Rtavn3724.png

Rtavn3844.png

nice

John, I could not resist...You are a fab forecaster on here and have been the most positive,Love your post's and I'm sure so do many, Yes tomorrow looks quite wet,With the high kicking in, So will humidity,To which has really picked up tonight (but) this is a bonus as tomorrow could be a real corker,I even think Hale could be involved,Storms could be very much active tomorrow before the high pressure really settles down and brings a true taste of summer.To be honest..........I can't wait John. We need this to break this stale mate,I also believe it can offer a bigger storm scenario with colder air feeding in later. Cant remember the last time the South-East /Anglia Regional Thread had a REAL Cracking Storm. Good night Mate.

Jason.

hi mate

couldnt have said it any better

thankssmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

me neither, don't really watch any of the soaps...you could always change channels, and while you've got the remote control in your hand can you fast forward to the weekend please angel.gif

That sounds like multi tasking... I'm a chap you know!wink.png

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

archiesmummy

that call has grown a bit and looks close to you

Quite bizarre. huh.png It looks pretty potent, although I can't see any t&l. I don't think anything like that was predicted for overnight? Maybe the heat of the day tomorrow can give some of us a chance before the settled weather kicks in? To me, CAPE etc. tomorrow doesn't look terrible, just not particularly exciting.

Edit, just seen the weather warnings posted above. Heavy rain, with isolated thunder only, would make sense, given the CAPE forecasts. We'll just have to see now.smile.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

Christ its flooding here...!!! 39.2 mm of rain in last hour!!!

I am in benfleet, in essex....

Road and gardens are like rivers.... this is easily the heaviest rain all year so far here.....

Edited by Stephen Lee

Posted

Christ its flooding here...!!! 39.2 mm of rain in last hour!!!

I am in benfleet, in essex....

Road and gardens are like rivers.... this is easily the heaviest rain all year so far here.....

Same here in Shoebury, my kitchens flooded where the water has come in under the french doors :(

Guest archiesmummy

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

archiesmummy

that call has grown a bit and looks close to you

Morning! Well was in my pit and heard rain but certainly nothing torrential, zonked out after that and nothing woke me so guess whatever it was passed by me!

Wonder what today will bring!

Posted

Yes that was some serious rainfall between 2-3am this morning for South Essex, garden flooded, pond overflowed, the A127 Near the A130 Is still under water and they are pumping away the water according to Essex Radio.

Must have been too zonked to see any Lightning though.

Posted

I've given a bit of an in-depth look (I mean guess!!) at today for storms here:

But the bottom line is, if you're lucky you may get an isolated one here later today:

18_20.gif

Then it's very quiet for a few days:

MU_London_avn.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Well it's bound to rain in MK at some point today, I'm getting my hair done at 11am so I'm guessing by 12 rolleyes.gif

Certainly looks good for my Pirate weekend and Monday (my day off yay) hopefully it will stay dry here between 9pm and midnight for the La Campagne Carabosse Le Jardins de Feu.... it should be spectacular.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Morning each. Pleasant morning in sunny Ippy. Watery sun and pearlescent sky and cool. Will it rain later? I'm longing to show the nipper some lightning. :D

Posted

Morning all. Sun peeping through cloud here (Chelmsford area). Quite muggy.

Guest archiesmummy

Raining here, very grey, gone very dark and could do with putting a light on but want to be able to see any lightening, if we get any!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

valid from 0005 Fri 20 Jul to 2359 Fri 20 Jul

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Peterborough, Suffolk & Norfolk

Issued at: 1025 on Fri 20 Jul 2012

Outbreaks of heavy rain or showers with a risk of thunder, may lead to localised surface water flooding in places, particularly in urban areas. As with all showery events many places will miss the heaviest rain and some places towards the south of the area may stay dry all day.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=E04F615B-6890-3688-94CE-9FDBD216F715_3_SE

Posted

Thanks for the update MK. I'm a bit busy at the moment, so don't have much time to watch for the updates myself, so this is appreciated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Peterborough, Suffolk & Norfolk

Issued at: 1025 on Fri 20 Jul 2012

Outbreaks of heavy rain or showers with a risk of thunder, may lead to localised surface water flooding in places, particularly in urban areas. As with all showery events many places will miss the heaviest rain and some places towards the south of the area may stay dry all day.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=E04F615B-6890-3688-94CE-9FDBD216F715_3_SE

Best get out for a walk before it starts then. It's been lovely and warm and sunny here earlier.

Off topic now, but how do you quote just one part of a post instead of the whole thing? Bearing in mind I use an ipad2 . :) thanks.

Posted

Def got storms developing here just east of me.. sidcup/bexley area etc... got mammatus clouds my end, no thunder heard yet but wont be long

Posted

Raining here. It feels like a wet afternoon might be in store. Not sure if thundery, although the satellite pictures are looking more interesting now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Raining here. It feels like a wet afternoon might be in store. Not sure if thundery, although the satellite pictures are looking more interesting now.

Hello Steve,

Where are you in Alresford or Chelmsford atm?

I am up in NW1 looking out on very dark skies from 27th floor but I was wondering what the weather was doing at home (Chelmsford)