Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Not expecting anything other than the usual overcast, drizzle and featureless dross for this area next week...

No doubt rags like the Sun and Star will treat us to banner headlines such as "SUMMERS FINALLY HERE!!!" with the usual shot of girls frolicking in the fountains at Hyde Park and a packed Brighton beach. Sigh...

Will this weather EVER get any better for us. Losing the will to live now....

Posted

The beeb are now going for 30c in London on Wednesday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743

How come they have 26C for a week on Monday in London, when everyone in the Model Output thread say the high*(not low lol) pressure will be gone by then? What charts do the BBC use?

Edited by WheresTheSnow

Posted

How come they have 26C for a week on Monday in London, when everyone in the Model Output thread say the low pressure will be gone by then? What charts do the BBC use?

Typical METO. They have us down for a dry, warm and sunny day today. Which is why I'm currently looking out of my window at 100% featureless white cloud, a temp of 15c and light drizzle....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Typical METO. They have us down for a dry, warm and sunny day today. Which is why I'm currently looking out of my window at 100% featureless white cloud, a temp of 15c and light drizzle....

funny that you get drizzle and 100% cloud cover everyday and Crosby right on the coast and a little north of you is 16.7c sunny intervals at 1400 and sunny symbols for 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300...........strange. Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Sunny spells and a max of 20.5 here. Though cloud has increased in the last half and hour.

Posted

funny that you get drizzle and 100% cloud cover everyday and Crosby right on the coast and a little north of you is 16.7c sunny intervals at 1400 and sunny symbols for 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300...........strange.

It does make you wonder

I have just checked on all the reporting stations in N Wales and the Lancs, Mersyside area and none is reporting more than scattered cloud.

You must have a very localised patch of weather Cl?

Posted

post-7254-0-60995800-1342881293_thumb.jp

funny that you get drizzle and 100% cloud cover everyday and Crosby right on the coast and a little north of you is 16.7c sunny intervals at 1400 and sunny symbols for 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300...........strange.

Taken four minutes ago....

If you can spot the sun in this shot, please tell me where....

Unless the insinuation is of course that I'm making it all up...

Trust me, we haven't seen any sunshine/ blue sky here since about 10.30am.

Posted

post-7254-0-59724100-1342881858_thumb.jpand from the back. The shot doesn't show it particularly well but the sky is a layer of milky white cirro stratus...

Shame i'm having to post evidence to show I'm not making my weather up but hey ho....

Edited by Cloudwatcher

It does make you wonder

I have just checked on all the reporting stations in N Wales and the Lancs, Mersyside area and none is reporting more than scattered cloud.

You must have a very localised patch of weather Cl?

To be fair airports do not typically record clouds at high levels - I can corroborate Cloudwatcher's reports further east in north Cheshire - after a clear start there was a rapid build up of cumulus this morning which gave complete cover at for a time. Now it is more broken and scattered as reported by the met stations but sunshine has been milky at best because of thick cirrostratus.

Posted

Some (hazy) sunshine breaking through the layer now and temp is picking up

(unless people have decided i'm making that up too.....)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I live a few miles from CW, and he's not making it up.

We've not had any drizzle, but after a lovely sunny start, it's been overcast most of the day. Sun is out now though.

Posted

I live a few miles from CW, and he's not making it up.

We've not had any drizzle, but after a lovely sunny start, it's been overcast most of the day. Sun is out now though.

We had a spell of broken sunshine up till round 10.30am, the Cu built up to our east and by midday we were under 100% cover. Brightening and warming up a bit now, which seems to be the pattern for us here atm. Reasonable-ish mornings, dull and overcast afternoons and quite clear evenings around 9-10pm

Posted

apologies Cl if my post seemed OTT-the white cloud I was happy with, the ascent suggested clumps of flattish CuSc in places, it was the drizzle that seemed odd-thanks to the others for their reports

A very nice day here, hazy sunshine this morning with a lot of high cloud, which thickened for a time around 11am-12am, to be one the cusp on brightness as opposed to sunshine, however into the afternoon, this pushed away to give a deep blue sky and bright sunshine from around 1, Temps 19c, but in very little wind, feeling very summery indeed.

Hopefully tomorrow the cloud will stay away, and hopefully Monday will be the only cloudy day of the week. Friday seems a long way off at the moment,

Given the summer so far, hopefully the next few weeks will stay like this. [we can only hope]

Posted

I will be massively surprised if we see above 17c here next week, on current form...

Don't be silly, it will be much warmer than that even under heavy cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

post-7254-0-59724100-1342881858_thumb.jpand from the back. The shot doesn't show it particularly well but the sky is a layer of milky white cirro stratus...

Shame i'm having to post evidence to show I'm not making my weather up but hey ho....

Looks similar to here (sunny now though).

At least it isn't heavy, low cloud?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

BBC forecast suggesting the front for next week will be stuck across Scotland and Northern England. Fingers crossed i might just escape it. 29c in London by Tuesdaycool.png

Posted

A bit better today than what we have been used to this summer but hardly a blazing July day, a bit disappointing really and I suppose the same for the coming week, sun out again now but still that weak watery hazy sun, is too much to ask for prolonged strong sun in these modern summers

Infact the sun felt much stronger in the sunny march spell we had , tomorrow looks ok -ish up till about afternoon,before coolness and cloudy drizzley stuff spoils in later *YAWN*

I will be massively surprised if we see above 17c here next week, on current form...

I would've thought you might do quite well in the lee of the north Wales mountains with warm moist air advecting over the hills ahead of the trailing cold front, the Chester area usually gets a decent föhn effect.

Posted

Could be worse I suppose,like trying to chase the end of a rainbow it felt like to get a settled spell this summer 5 years ago.

http://www.wetterzen...00120070721.gif

http://www.wetterzen...00120070723.gif

Since wednesday afternoon it`s been mostly dry with some sun(but mostly cloudy odd light shower)thats when I cut the first hay field,cut the 2nd on thursday morning so at least we`ll get that for baling early next week,still one more field to cut which would of been too wet to go on really,so one more dry spell to come sometime hopefully in august.

You really can`t trust this weather now somehow.

As this breakdown now coming end of the week.

Today gave more sun but milky high cloud with CU.

Posted

Massive improvement over yesterday, enjoying the sunshine whilst we have it!

Mainly clear, blue skies and hovering round 20-21c. Perfect July morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Massive improvement over yesterday, enjoying the sunshine whilst we have it!

Mainly clear, blue skies and hovering round 20-21c. Perfect July morning

Indeed!

Clear blue skies, strong sunshine, very warm already. 22.0C in my garden, and I'm already sat outside. :D

Looks like it may cloud over later though looking at sat24.

Posted

Great day at the the international ironman triathlon event in Bolton and Horwich, warm sun azur blue sky, does feel like a proper international event. RElishing it while it here, back out to the garden now for tea and cream cakes....ahhhh summer

Posted

Yes a far better day more like summer,only a little mid-level cloud which looks to be looking a touch thundery already with few mid-level cumulus but overall mostly blue skies and breezy.