Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Lovely weather here..........NOT!, 14c strong winds and overcast, hasnt been over 20c since 28th Maybad.gif

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter
Posted · Hidden by reef, July 22, 2012 - At least they're posting on topic.
Hidden by reef, July 22, 2012 - At least they're posting on topic.

Also everyone appears to be spelling its like it's when they shouldn't.. stop it!! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I am currently at my nans in chester where there is clear skies, wall to wall sunshine, and its very warm. 24.6C after a high of 25.2C, very possible that Chester was the warmest place in the UK and its likely to hot right up this week. Looking forward to some more sunshine. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Robin Hood Airport is the current offical UK hot spot today at 24°C

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Just got back from a 40-mile motorbike ride with the missus on board to look at a car. Horrible,like having your head stuck in the microwave,insects galore getting where they really shouldn't,leathers stuck to body with sweat,impossible to get gloves off without getting into a heat-induced rage. Non-bikers would think this is ideal motorbike weather. It ain't,not for me anyway. Give me nice ,cool overcast every time. Honestly,does summer have anything at all going for it? On the plus side,car was nice so it wasn't a wasted journey- picking it up on Weds!

Posted

Certainly some decent summery weather ahead for the bulk of England and Wales with temps for many easily getting into the mid 20's and for the SE high 20's and quite probably 30 degrees in London. However, for the northern half of the UK draw a line roughly from blackpool to scarborough and the outlook isn't that inspiring preety average summer affair.

The change in fortunes for the South at least has been timed perfectly, just in time for the start of the school holidays and of course the run up to the olympics and the torch events in London. No doubt next week will see headline after headline of 'heatwave', 'summer is here', and the politicians will latch on with spoken words of feel good factor with a plethora of feel good factor related stories on the BBC news - ooh the cynic in me says 'can't wait'... many north of the line I mentioned will know what I mean....

Posted

Weather was very nice here just North of London today, there was some haze and high level cloud early, that cleared then we had some medium level cloud around lunch time before clear bue skys and a STRONG sun returned later so never really enough to stop you from going out and getting your tan on! I have gone extremely brown today :D hit a high of 23.4oC at 4:37pm and still 21.9oC now so very nice evening, looks like a possible 28oC here next week, need a temperature of above 28.2oC personally for it to be the warmest day of the year, off to Brighton tomorrow so will tell you the weather conditions there either tomorrow or Tuesday :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

all i want is some sunshine and temps of 18c+, and it looks like wednesday and thursday might just deliver that.

Posted

So temperature wise, how hot is it going to get? Obviously depends how far south the cold front stalls at. I'd probably expect to maybe hit the 90F mark, but would you say the 95F predicted by the Express is completely out of the question?

Having just had a look at Peter Gibbs' forecast on the Beeb website, do I forsee another El Gordo breakdown at the end of the week?

Edited by Dan the Man

Posted

Had some sunshine on Saturday morning which quickly gave way to cloudy muck although it remained dry over the weekend. Given the summer so far I guess I shouldn't grumble too much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Glorious day for a game of cricket. Makes it so much more pleasurable sitting outside for long periods when we get weather like this. And i didnt spot a single person moaning it was too hot.

Posted

Great day at the the international ironman triathlon event in Bolton and Horwich, warm sun azur blue sky, does feel like a proper international event. RElishing it while it here, back out to the garden now for tea and cream cakes....ahhhh summer

Theres no beating weather like this for the feel good factor that it brings. Most people are off work so theres no excuse for not getting out there and enjoying it. the upcoming week might be a different story with people back at work and temperatures nudging 30c. But so what, we are overdue some hot summery weather so i say the hotter the better.

Edited by Milhouse

Posted

Theres no beating weather like this for the feel good factor that it brings. Most people are off work so theres no excuse for not getting out there and enjoying it. the upcoming week might be a different story with people back at work and temperatures nudging 30c. But so what, we are overdue some hot summery weather so i say the hotter the better.

I've always been mystified by people saying nice weather has some kind of feel good factor attached. Very tabloidy, herd-like behaviour

Can't say the prospect of 30 degrees at work and 21 at night makes me feel particularly upbeat at all, but then cool and showery doesn't have the associated depressing effect either

Certainly nice to see the sun out and makes planning things easier, but the great british public tend to think that means they need to go out right away and sit in car park queues at garden centres

I guess it comes with having a predominantly showery and cool climate, we're like sun "noobs"

Posted

Pubs and outdoor persuits doing a roaring trade today, every beer garden I passed around Cheshire was brimming with families and people having a cheeky drink on the side and who can blame them. After 3 months of drivel this warm spell is very much welcome, just have to remember to keep up the (non alcoholic) fluid intake and to get out the suncream.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Glorious day for a game of cricket. Makes it so much more pleasurable sitting outside for long periods when we get weather like this. And i didnt spot a single person moaning it was too hot.

That's because it isn't hot, silly, but this is the UK, people will moan it's hot when temperatures start to reach the upper 20's.

Posted

Theres no beating weather like this for the feel good factor that it brings. Most people are off work so theres no excuse for not getting out there and enjoying it.

the upcoming week might be a different story with people back at work and temperatures nudging 30c. But so what, we are overdue some hot summery weather so i say the hotter the better.

Oh, it's compulsory now?

Why - because you like it everyone else must?

Posted

you never see people moaning around here when its hot (25c+), probably because we only get 1 or 2 hot days in a year.

Posted

Oh, it's compulsory now?

Personally i dont see whats so bad about it, but i guess we are all different. There was a good breeze blowing today so surely that must have made it a bit more pleasurable for those cold lovers. It may have even tempted them outside to enjoy it but i doubt it.

Posted

street lamps on already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Oh, it's compulsory now?

Ouch. What's with that attitude? That really isn't any way to address anyone on here.

Just because the weather isn't doing what you would like it to doesn't mean you have to snap at those actually enjoying the sunshine...

Posted

you never see people moaning around here when its hot (25c+), probably because we only get 1 or 2 hot days in a year.

Yes warm weather in the Lake District is preety much always welcomed, but there have been occasions in the past in some quarters when it has outstayed its welcome most notably by late august 1995 when the ground was so dry and farming was badly affected - but such conditions are rare here.

I remember the 26th May this year - a glorious day, that won't be bettered this year - we are now too late in the season to get that special fuzzy feeling that you can only get when the first proper summery day of the season hits the region - even more so in late May, in my opinion the best time of the whole year- full of optimism and the promise of sparkling summer days in the weeks to come (how quickly that feeling ended this year), temps pushed into the mid 20's under a baking sun and blue sky and the Lake District became a sun worshippers paradise, it felt like everyone was outside that day. I had a memorable day walking around Buttermere and Whinlatter, and cars were parked on any verge of grass they could settle on near Crummock Water, with people taking to the lake like it was the med!.

Posted

Ouch. What's with that attitude? That really isn't any way to address anyone on here.

Just because the weather isn't doing what you would like it to doesn't mean you have to snap at those actually enjoying the sunshine...

The "attitude" that you refer to is my response to someone telling me that I have no excuse for not getting out and enjoying weather that I don't like and he does.

I'm not "snapping" at those enjoying the sunshine it's aimed at those telling me what I'm supposed to like.

Hope that's clear.