Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The "attitude" that you refer to is my response to someone telling me that I have no excuse for not getting out and enjoying weather that I don't like and he does.

I'm not "snapping" at those enjoying the sunshine it's aimed at those telling me what I'm supposed to like.

Hope that's clear.

But then again, he wasn't aiming his post at you!

It's all fine having a weather preference, but there's no need to get angry about it, it's only weather. :lol:

Posted

Oh, it's compulsory now?

Why - because you like it everyone else must?

People with kids innit, everyone's off for the summer hols!

except the rest of us benefitting from quiet offices and blissfully empty roads during the commute

my favourite past time is an outdoors pursuit, and it's a fricking nightmare in anything above 22'c

there is nothing good about 30'c, but if you don't embrace it you're probably a reclusive weirdo who may do a murder one day

Posted

But then again, he wasn't aiming his post at you!

It's all fine having a weather preference, but there's no need to get angry about it, it's only weather. laugh.png

So who was it aimed at?

I didn't experience any sense of exclusion myself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I've always been mystified by people saying nice weather has some kind of feel good factor attached. Very tabloidy, herd-like behaviour

Summer for me is all about getting outside doing all those activities that are not possible during the cold half of the year. This summer so far has been very infuriating on the whole as it has preventing me from doing that. To have 5 cricket matches cancelled out of a possible 15 so far this season has been very annoying so to get the first match on a decently warm and sunny day without any interruptions was such a relief. I am sick to the back teeth of endless weekends of boredom inducing dull and dreary conditions. We get enough darkness and unusable conditions during winter so when it persists on into summer it begins to grate on me.

I dont think that classes me as your stereotypical heat seeker who flocks to the med each summer. I like useable outdoor weather and also extremes of temperature during summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Perhaps some calm now please chaps?

Posted

I've always been mystified by people saying nice weather has some kind of feel good factor attached. Very tabloidy, herd-like behaviour

Same with the Olympics,same with football,same with Wimbledon,same with the Queen's Jubilee etc etc etc. No-one really gives a stuff about these things but they're bigged-up relentlessly by the media and folk wanting to flog stuff on the back of them until you ( sorry,not you personally but a far too great a percentage of soft-headed individuals ) unwittingly cave in and decide it's probably easier to go with the flow. A bit like the global warming nonsense. And although things could be much,much worse at this time of year,the weather today has imparted to me a distinctly feel-bad factor - I guess it's come as a shock to the system having been spoiled thus far!

Posted

The UK finally surpassed the months max temperature set right back at the start of the month of 24.6c. Max today was 25.4c and there looks a good chance we could see 30c on Tuesday and Wednesday. Always nice to reach that milestone.

Posted

there looks a good chance we could see 30c on Tuesday and Wednesday.

On nights this week - yep it's gonna be really nice trying to get some meaningful kip in that,not to mention that humongous hydrogen bomb in the sky blasting thru' the window. I need to go deep underground 'til October!

Posted

its the same in winter when the snow haters (mainly joe public) complain about a few days of lying snow out of 365 days in a year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

LOL some very angry people in here over a few hot days, you should be relieved its turning much cooler from next weekend you angry heat haters tease.gif

You are one of those angry heat haters Eugene..!!

Posted

Surely everyone's a "heat hater" to some extent?

If it was 30'c in your house in winter, you'd turn the heating down, right?

And no-one can enjoy stifling evenings where you get less sleep due to the heat?

And if you're outside in 30'c, you'd typically be in the shade for large parts of it, right?

22-23'c and sunny is perfect, to say so doesn't make someone a grouchy hermit who draws the curtains during the summer. It's just common sense

Even if that does't make for many "cor what a scorcher!" headlines in the Express, and scenes of beaches where you can't see the sand for pasty, pink, flabby Brits behaving like lemmings good.gif

Edited by nicklon1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah, roll on friday when the cooler weather arrives. Hopefully this could be summer's last go, August (to my liking) not really a summer month, last hot sunny august was 03

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Surely everyone's a "heat hater" to some extent?

If it was 30'c in your house in winter, you'd turn the heating down, right?

And no-one can enjoy stifling evenings where you get less sleep due to the heat?

And if you're outside in 30'c, you'd typically be in the shade for large parts of it, right?

22-23'c and sunny is perfect, to say so doesn't make someone a grouchy hermit who draws the curtains during the summer. It's just common sense

Even if that does't make for many "cor what a scorcher!" headlines in the Express, and scenes of beaches where you can't see the sand for pasty, pink, flabby Brits behaving like lemmings good.gif

That mentality is far too British for my liking, why can't some people just accept that some people like 28-32C or higher and warm evenings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A casual reader of this thread might think 90% of weather 'enthusiasts' don't like anything about 22c!

Of course that ain't true and unlike some of you I don't only operate efficiently in a small 5c range of temperatures - I like the extremes at both ends of the spectrum. Where's the fun in 'average' all the time? Winters at 4c and summers at 20c... bit boring all the time right? (although the summer end much more 'usable').

Enjoy this rare bit of warmth and you cool lovers - all you need to do is cope for a few days a year with a bit of warmth as for 90-95% the time you're living in a *cool climate* location! Try being a warm or heat lover in this country if you want something to moan about!

Posted

Same with the Olympics,same with football,same with Wimbledon,same with the Queen's Jubilee etc etc etc. No-one really gives a stuff about these things but they're bigged-up relentlessly by the media and folk wanting to flog stuff on the back of them until you ( sorry,not you personally but a far too great a percentage of soft-headed individuals ) unwittingly cave in and decide it's probably easier to go with the flow. A bit like the global warming nonsense. And although things could be much,much worse at this time of year,the weather today has imparted to me a distinctly feel-bad factor - I guess it's come as a shock to the system having been spoiled thus far!

Quite an interesting take on this years summer laserguy..... seems nothing to look forward to unless you are looking forward to Christmas. Pomp and pagentry is what this country does best.

Someone please tell me why oh why people say that nice weather doesn't put a smile on peoples faces. It is not tabloid hype. i will tell you what it is. people glad to see the summer sun and not endless rain and wind when it is supposed to be nice. Unfortunately the last few comments on here seem to be fairly grumpy to summer arriving and i am not sure why!!!!

Posted

Travelling in east Devon yesterday with azure blue skies and a lovely looking countryside and views, with a not-to-cold breeze coming through the partially open windows certainly did give me a 'feel good factor', as did having an ice cream walking along the beach in the sun (first in ages).

I don't need to be told that 'I'm just caving in and going with the flow' or don't enjoy these things, I made my own mind and feelings up irrespective of what others think, thanks. Sure it was the same with the Jubilee with some though I didn't do much for that.

Same with global warming (another post it has to creep into when not on-topic I see (I don't just mean you but a few people who feel the need to insert it all the time). I'm not caving in to it, I've made up my own mind based on the evidence and facts I've learnt/looked up etc.

I enjoy some warm summery weather, though not too hot for too long but would like to experience it and from an interest/weather recording point of view, and also cold winter conditions and also rain at times, and stormy autumnal weather.

Anyway I'm sure all you have to do to feel a bit better is look at this mornings ECM run after Friday, I think you will like the look of that.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Disappointing morning here so far.Was bright first thing but quite a thick and extensive cloud layer now. Feeling quite humid, temp at 19c.

Looks like we had our summer yesterday!!

Posted

Anyway I'm sure all you have to do to feel a bit better is look at this mornings ECM run after Friday, I think you will like the look of that.

It's still too warm,way too warm. It's the height of summer so can't be anything else! And too bright,way too bright. Sat here in my darkened room,knowing that if I take one step outside in all this awfulness I will feel absolutely hammered for the rest of the day. Grateful to be on nights. Roll on October. Jimmyh - Xmas is the one thing that spoils the winter season - just one of many year-wide events and celebrations or whatever which are unavoidably foisted upon us whether we like it or not. Pah. All these occasions which hardly anyone cares about most of the time suddenly being the greatest thing in the world ever,until they're over. It's like some guy deciding that train-spotting is the new best thing and embarking on a campaign to get everyone else to join in and get into the spirit. If he kept the effort up for long enough,he might just succeed.

Posted

Are you Victor Meldrew?

Posted

It's still too warm,way too warm. It's the height of summer so can't be anything else! And too bright,way too bright. Sat here in my darkened room,knowing that if I take one step outside in all this awfulness I will feel absolutely hammered for the rest of the day. Grateful to be on nights. Roll on October. Jimmyh - Xmas is the one thing that spoils the winter season - just one of many year-wide events and celebrations or whatever which are unavoidably foisted upon us whether we like it or not. Pah. All these occasions which hardly anyone cares about most of the time suddenly being the greatest thing in the world ever,until they're over. It's like some guy deciding that train-spotting is the new best thing and embarking on a campaign to get everyone else to join in and get into the spirit. If he kept the effort up for long enough,he might just succeed.

Oh well, at least you can't stop the advance of October towards us, and this summer has been a pretty good one for you as summer's go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
Posted · Hidden by Bottesford, July 23, 2012 - Yes I know but lets keep it friendly anyway.
Hidden by Bottesford, July 23, 2012 - Yes I know but lets keep it friendly anyway.

you weird guy
Posted

Already 24.1c here and I'm off for an afternoon at the beach.