Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Its already much cooler here than this time last night. After a maximum of 27.3C it is now down to 16.3C.

It was truely awful sleeping between my night shifts, the temperature in the bedroom was 28.2C when I woke up and Ive had a cracking headache ever since.

Snap.

I'm feeling pretty hot right now - those 11C nights forecast for this week look so refreshing!

Posted

It was truely awful sleeping between my night shifts, the temperature in the bedroom was 28.2C when I woke up and Ive had a cracking headache ever since.

Snap again! It's horrendous at work - the combination of high night-time minima and heavy industrial plant seeing to that. So here I'm sat,wondering what to do now. Been upstairs to get changed etc and the temp in the bedroom is ridiculous,and will soon get much worse,not to mention the sun making mincemeat out of the 'blackout' (hah!) curtains. I feel really quite ill pretty much all the time. As I consistenly point out,roll on October...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Snap again! It's horrendous at work - the combination of high night-time minima and heavy industrial plant seeing to that. So here I'm sat,wondering what to do now. Been upstairs to get changed etc and the temp in the bedroom is ridiculous,and will soon get much worse,not to mention the sun making mincemeat out of the 'blackout' (hah!) curtains. I feel really quite ill pretty much all the time. As I consistenly point out,roll on October...

Oh dear.....you must be suffering.

Here in London it is meant to hit 32c today, so it would be even worse if you lived down here!!

I am starting to struggle, this morning was fairly cool early on, I made the most of it.

Looking forward to Friday and that cold front! :)

Posted

Local station recorded 27.6 as a maximum yesterday. The temp at 0830 is already 2.5C higher than yesterday so we could reach the 30C mark in Newbury today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A warm night for sure down to 18.3c. No trouble sleeping bar occasionally putting on then taking off the duvet!

This morning has started sunny but cloud is now rolling in sadly. Still it'll remain nice and warm for a work pub visit this evening I'm sure.

Posted

Yesterdays max - will it be beaten today?

UK 24 hours ending 2200 on 24 Jul 2012:

Highest max 0900-2100 30.1 °C St James Park

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Already 21.8 °C at Langdon Bay:

Although on MetO invent, several places already showing 25°C +

post-6667-0-29835800-1343203377_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-45853300-1343203391_thumb.jp

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

XC weather goes with 21°C current max:

post-6667-0-05590200-1343203568_thumb.jp

http://www.xcweather...k//observations

Netweather currently have:

post-6667-0-87303400-1343203673_thumb.jp

http://www.netweathe...type=maxt;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

19.8C, cloudy, dull.

Sigh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Not here - the vile sheet of cloud has ruined the sunshine. Just a featureless grey sheet now :(

Currently 22.5c but not really rising now.

Posted

Met Office ect suggest my area being far less hot than much of southern England despite the same, if not slightly higher 850hpa temps, crystal clear sunny skies, and a gentle offshore breeze. I don't get it.com

MetO 'temp. map doesn't even show me quite reaching 25C. It's 22.6C currently compared to places further east being above 25C, but I still reckon they've under-estimated it here and it might push 27C.

None the less another stunning day!

Not here - the vile sheet of cloud has ruined the sunshine. Just a featureless grey sheet now sad.png

Currently 22.5c but not really rising now.

Please send it here, it's way too uncomfortable. Bring on the rain and gales.

Posted

You are more than welcome to it - seen enough cloud this year to last a lifetime!

Endless blue skies for a few weeks would be just lovely about now.

Posted

What a surprise, the weather's back to normal here now, slate grey skies with mist all morning and no sign whatsoever of it breaking, warm spells done for here now.

Posted

Current UK hottest spot is just a few miles up the road from me currently and it's 'Mad dogs and Englishmen' time!!!!

Charlwood 27.0 °C

post-6667-0-27779500-1343214247_thumb.jp

Posted

Is it just me or does it always get even hotter to the south as these fronts move down from the north and more and more areas lose the heat? It's almost like Mother Nature is trying her utmost to rub salt in the wounds.

Of course a week of heat in the south will surely mean that we have to be "punished" by weeks of the insufferable garbage we've seen so much of this summer. Too far north to get in on the party when there's heat around, but no doubt I won't be far enough north to escape the southerly tracking jet. For the first time ever I'm actually looking forward to autumn this year - I find it the blandest time of year, but at least the lack of expecation means I won't be disappointed.

Posted

Of course a week of heat in the south will surely mean that we have to be "punished" by weeks of the insufferable garbage we've seen so much of this summer.

Yes please!

Posted

22.2C, 100% endless cloud cover. :(

Posted

Jesus Christ, the sun's out!

22.4C.

Posted

24.3c and we have some sun back!

Posted

Again....

Easier to hide from the sun when it is out than it is to get the sun when it isn't out...

Posted

Much better for me today with the temp nowhere near as hot as yesterday at this time, and no sun either.

Hopefully the hot weather won't return here anytime soon.

Posted

Again....

Nah it's gone back in :(

22.7C.