Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Nah it's gone back in sad.png

22.7C.

Bet we have a nice clear evening. Been nice evenings past few nights.

Feeling muggy here though. Not the most comfortable of days.

Posted

Seems we have a sea breeze now, which is a bit annoying as I wanted to record an as hot temp as possible on the one day without a onshore breeze. A station on a nearby part of the coast doesn't have one yet though, and is 25.9C there..

26.0C here but may drop now if the sea breeze picks up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Feeling muggy here though. Not the most comfortable of days.

I've noticed the cloud always clears off at night, only to roll back in around dinner time, very, very annoying!

Sun keeps appearing here, although it's not going to be that hot today I don't think. Just approaching 23C now, clear tonight, just watch. :rofl:

Posted

I've noticed the cloud always clears off at night, only to roll back in around dinner time, very, very annoying!

Sun keeps appearing here, although it's not going to be that hot today I don't think. Just approaching 23C now, clear tonight, just watch. rofl.gif

Yeah, until today we had a pattern of fantastic weather in the morning, dull and overcast afternoons and clear as a bell evenings. Today just started overcast and the cloud just hasn't shifted much at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It's that decaying front causing all the cloud problems... Here it is breaking up a bit but feels much more humid than yesterday.24c bang on at the mo.

Posted

Yeah, until today we had a pattern of fantastic weather in the morning, dull and overcast afternoons and clear as a bell evenings. Today just started overcast and the cloud just hasn't shifted much at all.

I think as it's weakening, the sun will tend to burn some of the cloud off in the next couple of hours. It'll be clear around 4 I reckon.

Posted

Thought so, blue sky now appearing. Sun burning off the low cloud nicely.

Up to 23.8C now, turning out to be another hot one with 2.5 hours of peak heating left!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Looks like Gravesend at 27.7 °C is just behind Heathrow at 27.8 °C currently. I bet all the athletes and visitors to the UK coming through our busiest airport into car parks/buses, must wonder what all those weather headlines were all about for the last 4 months!!

I hope it wont slow our Gold Medal hopefuls down!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

St James Park London 29.6c at 13:00 according to meteo weather.

Posted

Thought so, blue sky now appearing. Sun burning off the low cloud nicely.

Up to 23.8C now, turning out to be another hot one with 2.5 hours of peak heating left!

No blue as of yet for us, but the sun is definitely getting stronger through the cloud. Clear by 5pm here I reckon.

Posted

I know these aren't official Met Office stations, but their Invent map shows temps well in excess of 32°C currently in a number of places, typically:

post-6667-0-41405300-1343221058_thumb.gi

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

There are a couple around London that must be spurious!!!

post-6667-0-34681900-1343221164_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I know these aren't official Met Office stations, but their Invent map shows temps well in excess of 32°C currently in a number of places, typically:

post-6667-0-41405300-1343221058_thumb.gi

http://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

There are a couple around London that must be spurious!!!

post-6667-0-34681900-1343221164_thumb.jp

Either that or they are located in an oven! rofl.gif

43c near Gravesend! diablo.gif

Edited by Polar Attack

Posted

Either that or they are located in their oven! rofl.gif

43c near Gravesend! diablo.gif

I reckon you could take your pick of places around there at that temperature this afternoon:

http://www.yell.com/s/tanning-gravesend.html

Posted

Today hasnt turned out to be such a bad day, after the cloud earlier on it has now turned sunny like yesterday. The only difference is that its 20.1C instead of 27.3C yesterday and theres a light north-easterly breeze.

Posted

Finally, skies cleared this end of the Lake District, sunny all day, currently 23.1c, think the southern end of the Lakes has held onto the cloud, as a wall of cloud has been lingering over the fells all day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Gladly cloud has been well broken but feels very humid indeed.

24.8c the max.

Posted

Still cloudy here and 21c.Unbroken sunshine all afternoon around 15 miles away to my east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Today's offical UK hot spot is 30.5°C in both Charlwood and St James's Park

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Too far north to get in on the party when there's heat around, but no doubt I won't be far enough north to escape the southerly tracking jet.

Exactly the same here. I don't know what it would actually take to get decent summer weather here any more.

Certainly no sign of summer here this week. It's been another week of unbearable cloudy rubbish that does nothing to alleviate the chronic lack of sunshine over the past 8 weeks. I have now endured 25 mostly cloudy/overcast days in a row. It's incredulous.

Only 2 days have been warmer than average here in the past week: 20.8C on Sunday and 21.0C yesterday, both of which managed only 3 hours of sun, while today has been the only completely dry day (so far).

Sunshine total for July currently stands at a staggeringly awful 44.8 hours. We need to start seeing brilliantly sunny days with 10hr+ sun to avoid this being the worst "summer" month ever recorded (in over 130 years) and that doesn't look like happening. Not one day so far has even managed 6 hours of sunshine. This is not summer. It is a living hell.

Thankfully I'm off to the Costa Brava for a fortnight soon so will get a respite from the torture of having to suffer grey skies day in day out. It has made me feel ill, fed up and sick to the stomach and I just wish I was able to leave for good because something has gone drastically wrong for the conditions being endured this summer to even be possiblenonono.gif

Posted

Exactly the same here. I don't know what it would actually take to get decent summer weather here any more.

Certainly no sign of summer here this week. It's been another week of unbearable cloudy rubbish that does nothing to alleviate the chronic lack of sunshine over the past 8 weeks. I have now endured 25 mostly cloudy/overcast days in a row. It's incredulous.

Only 2 days have been warmer than average here in the past week: 20.8C on Sunday and 21.0C yesterday, both of which managed only 3 hours of sun, while today has been the only completely dry day (so far).

Sunshine total for July currently stands at a staggeringly awful 44.8 hours. We need to start seeing brilliantly sunny days with 10hr+ sun to avoid this being the worst "summer" month ever recorded (in over 130 years) and that doesn't look like happening. Not one day so far has even managed 6 hours of sunshine. This is not summer. It is a living hell.

Thankfully I'm off to the Costa Brava for a fortnight soon so will get a respite from the torture of having to suffer grey skies day in day out. It has made me feel ill, fed up and sick to the stomach and I just wish I was able to leave for good because something has gone drastically wrong for the conditions being endured this summer to even be possiblenonono.gif

Lol Richard. You have been making these type of posts for many months on TWO. Surely, you have become adapted to the Aberdeen climate? So a dull day is infact average?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Hottest day for six years today as we finally broke the 80F barrier. High of 27c today cool.png Last time it reached 27c here was July 2006

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Big change to the feel of the weather by the weekend, as you can see on these ensembles 850 hPa temps take a pretty big dip to well below average.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_Manchester_ens.png

Interestingly though, they are quickly in the rise again as we progress through August, and also becoming a little drier in the latter timeframe.