Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I think mines got the error. Certainly cooled down under the cloud cover but felt warmer than 19c! Re-calibrating.

Hasn't dipped below 24C all day.

23.9C now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Hasn't dipped below 24C all day.

23.9C now though.

Yeah, I've just checked and mines faulted. The house thermometer is reading 23.0c here now. Gone very cloudy here too.

Posted

Made it up to 31.5 here today.

I hope it cools down a bit tonight, I think I can take about one more day of this heat before I want it gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Reached 27C rounded today, currently 25C but with a dew point of 19C and humidity of 71%, it feels more like 27C.. very muggy.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Really good here, 25C with clear skies and no wind, everything smells nice and people are chilling, glad there's more to come.

Posted

Wonderful day - third sunny warm day in a row - I can't remember when this last happened during the 'summer' months - must be way back a few years ago! good.gif

On the down side I'm stuck in an office all day until late Friday, just in time for the weather to change to much cooler on Saturday. cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Lovely weather - my favourite! NIce couple of pints and some dinner outside the pub then a cycle to watch the sunset over a nice field in Notts university. Good ride back hitting pockets of warm & cold air as you pass rivers/fields vs roads/buildings.

Do feel for those in warm houses who will struggle to sleep tonight in humidity and high temperatures - my bedroom is in the mid to high 20s too but the wonderful thing about a skylight above your bed is that the relatively cool air falls onto you so you never overheat. Don't think we've ever had to drop the duvet since we moved in (but then heat has been almost none existent in that period).

Living room is following the outside temperature down to within 0.2c! The missus doesn't half complain about this 'cold house' all year long but finally its doing what its best at and the complaints are gone!

Posted

Warmest day othe year at 24.6 still very warm now at 19.6 with a cooling sea breeze I mean NE breeze in the evening,as what happens here after a summery day with little wind.

More cloud around today.

Posted

Pouring with rain again in Northern Ireland. Haven't seen the sun since 11am on Saturday. Tomorrow looks better with the chance of some sunshine.

Posted

Summer 2012 continues to elude the Lake District. Maximum temp of 17 degrees under low grey skies and drizzly rain and this is how its been since Saturday evening more of less - very miserable it has to be said.

The highest max we have recorded so far this month is 21 degrees, and only on 1 day... and going by the forecast it will be a struggle to see this figure achieved again this month. Considering 20 degrees is the average max here for July, this statistic is shockingly poor.. even in the coolest July's we can normally expect at least a couple of days nudging the 24-25 degree barrier.

Rant alert now... be warned...

If I have to watch another bbc newsreader saying look at the blue skies I'll have to switch over... I feel like sending them a picture of lake windermere with a grey drizzly background.. and saying not the 'whole' country is experiencing summery weather - you just know if it was the other way round, they would all be moaning..... and not showing the glorious skies up here..

Posted

Summer 2012 continues to elude the Lake District. Maximum temp of 17 degrees under low grey skies and drizzly rain and this is how its been since Saturday evening more of less - very miserable it has to be said.

The highest max we have recorded so far this month is 21 degrees, and only on 1 day... and going by the forecast it will be a struggle to see this figure achieved again this month. Considering 20 degrees is the average max here for July, this statistic is shockingly poor.. even in the coolest July's we can normally expect at least a couple of days nudging the 24-25 degree barrier.

Rant alert now... be warned...

If I have to watch another bbc newsreader saying look at the blue skies I'll have to switch over... I feel like sending them a picture of lake windermere with a grey drizzly background.. and saying not the 'whole' country is experiencing summery weather - you just know if it was the other way round, they would all be moaning..... and not showing the glorious skies up here..

I used to love that Lake District weather.

Before we had our dog we used to stay in a lovely hotel in Staveley but more often than not we'd have dry sunny weather.

Posted

Agree!

Half the country is under grey skies and rain, not exactly what the BBC are alluding too on there oh so positive sun is shining forecast.

Although something like 70% of the population is under sunny skies so I guess for the majority the sentiment holds true.

Posted

25.2C after a completely sunny morning, which has gone much cloudier after 1pm, AGAIN. sad.png

30.0C high according to my weather station, which is around 2C too high I would imagine. 60% cloud now.

No it's not, it's 26C.

Duno.. I was just quoting the various weather stations around the Liverpool/Runcorn area showing either 23 or 24.c.

I thought your weather station was dodgy anyway which could explain why your temperature is a good few degrees higher.

Then again you may just be in a hot spot.

:)

Posted

I used to love that Lake District weather.

Before we had our dog we used to stay in a lovely hotel in Staveley but more often than not we'd have dry sunny weather.

Damp days with low cloud shrouding everything I can take on the odd occasion, but days of such weather in the height of summer are preety awful. The Lake District prides itself on glorious views and vistas, what good is it when you can't see any of the hills.. I always feel sorry for holidaymakers especially those whose first time it is in the Lakes and they are greeted with this type of weather, even more so if they are from afar and it may be the only time they visit the area. I know all too well the poor oversees tourist who has one one day to see the lakes and ends up seeing low cloud and mist and getting washed by rain. In the autumn and winter months such weather is accepted, and very much expected, but in the depths of high summer it really isn't acceptable.

We can of course enjoy glorious weather, the second half of March and the last 10 days of May were wonderful. However, in recent years, our best weather has tended to occur outside of the summer months, with some wonderful freezing blue sky spells in winter, and some lovely warm sunny spells in spring and early-mid autumn, conversely we've also enjoyed bleak conditions such as Nov 2009.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A few mins ago it went from being perfectly still to suddenly quite breezy. Looking at temperatures its now rising : 0.5c gained now at 21.6c; also the dew point has suddenly shot up from 9.7c to 14.5c.

All this in last 15 mins. Something arriving from somewhere?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The Lake District is stunning on sunny days, cool winter days, especially if the mountains are capped with snow and the valleys are covered in frost.

The gloomy days with low cloud shrouding the peaks are quintessential of the Lake District IMO, or just about any highland area in the UK.

Posted

How to farmers, gardeners grow crops like tomatoes and cucumbers etc up there in cumbria it is hard enough growing them down here, in fact this year it is unlikely i will get any toms due to the cool, dull wet summer so far, last week my allotment was flooded out but today it was roasting over there if i lived up there in cumbria i wouldn't bother with crops as i have no patience

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Still 21c at 23.15 here in Swindon, stunning day and getting hotter tomorrow! Good luck i have the day off, :)

Posted

Do feel for those in warm houses who will struggle to sleep tonight in humidity and high temperatures - my bedroom is in the mid to high 20s too but the wonderful thing about a skylight above your bed is that the relatively cool air falls onto you so you never overheat. Don't think we've ever had to drop the duvet since we moved in (but then heat has been almost none existent in that period).

I know what you mean. Have had all my windows and doors open for hours and it's still 27.1C in my bedroom right now. From past experience it's unlikely to go much lower than that tonight.

Looking forward to the cooler weekend weather and a decent night's sleep already.

Posted

Warm and humid but with far too much cloud around. Sunshine will be even more at a premium in the coming days as that evil front creeps ever southwards - I feel sorry for those who have been stuck underneath it all this time.

So that's the end of that as far as I'm concerned. Nowhere near enough to salvage this July from the "very poor" category. I've almost forgotten what a good July feels like, even though 2006 was fairly recent.

Posted

Its already much cooler here than this time last night. After a maximum of 27.3C it is now down to 16.3C.

It was truely awful sleeping between my night shifts, the temperature in the bedroom was 28.2C when I woke up and Ive had a cracking headache ever since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Duno.. I was just quoting the various weather stations around the Liverpool/Runcorn area showing either 23 or 24.c.

I thought your weather station was dodgy anyway which could explain why your temperature is a good few degrees higher.

Then again you may just be in a hot spot.

smile.png

I have 2 weather stations :p

I just average them out when they show differences.