Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted

Finally, skies cleared this end of the Lake District, sunny all day, currently 23.1c, think the southern end of the Lakes has held onto the cloud, as a wall of cloud has been lingering over the fells all day

Yes we managed a slight chink of blue in the sky today, the first since Saturday afternoon, but not enough to produce a single ray of sun... this front and its associated cloud has now reigned supreme for nearly 100 hours - absolutely terrible. Max of 19 degrees still below average. We might see a bit of sun tomorrow... we really have been poorly placed these last 4 days.

Posted

only 25.7c here today as cloud spoiled the sun and i didn't get the chance to sunbathe, still, it felt pleasant out there,

Posted

Managed 27.3C yesterday (from my Davis VP2 with FARS), despite a slight sea breeze, certainly felt hot outside. A vantage Vue a mile up the road on a hill got 28.6C but I believe that was an over-read due to the strong evening sun and no wind at all at that point as the sea breeze died.

Very nice day indeed after the summer so far!

Today is 21.0C already at 8:55am, which is nearly 4C higher than this time yesterday, but an onshore SE breeze looks to stop the max being quite as high today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Cooler today as low cloud is upon us. Sun is now trying to break through so temps should start to rise.

16.6c the low currently 19.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Looks like we are again on the boundary of the sunny conditions, and the cloudier conditions. We have sunshine at the moment through hazy skies, although clearing from the SW, this could be a good day sunshine wise. It's already very warm, I think if the sun gets to work and burns off the haze, it could well equal Sunday.

We do deserve a sunny day after the pain of seeing it cloud over 12-4pm each and every day. Yesterday was just totally cloudy until the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Might be a struggle today to see any decent warmth here. But i remain hopeful that during the afternoon we will see some good cloud breaks to raise the temperature. Nice to see another hot day in store for areas south of the Midlands.

Posted

Might be a struggle today to see any decent warmth here.

Get yourself South then!!! Already 30°C already in the office here, that's quite a bit earlier than yesterday morning and it finally hit 32°C at the edge of my desk!

Posted

Get yourself South then!!! Already 30°C already in the office here, that's quite a bit earlier than yesterday morning and it finally hit 32°C at the edge of my desk!

Nothing good about that coast imo.The current temp in my living room is 24c with a nice breeze coming through which feels very pleasant indeed.

No sun here as yet but i think that will change in the next hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Shoreham now at 25C with a humidex of 29.3C and feeling very pleasant indeed out there now, as the far south taps into some Very Hot air over France, definitely the best spell of weather this summer.

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a high of 25.1C yesterday but today should be warmer, its already 24.6C so will be nice if today can beat my years high of 27.2C back in May!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Looks like we are again on the boundary of the sunny conditions, and the cloudier conditions. We have sunshine at the moment through hazy skies, although clearing from the SW, this could be a good day sunshine wise. It's already very warm, I think if the sun gets to work and burns off the haze, it could well equal Sunday.

We do deserve a sunny day after the pain of seeing it cloud over 12-4pm each and every day. Yesterday was just totally cloudy until the evening.

Not much going on here. Feels a bit fresher today, but still stuck under a consistent layer of cloud. Have to say overall, this "sunny" spell of late July has been a disappointment for us, more in terms of sunshine than temp. Seems like we are lucky to get two or three consecutive days of half decent weather per month atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

We had a nice day yesterday, sunny and the temps were around 18c which is probably just above average for us.

although today is overcast and cooler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Cloud burnt off and its now hazy but sunny.

Only 21.6c outside but 26c in the office and 22.4c at home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I can't imagine working in a 32C office. It's getting a bit hot for indoors at 25C in this room now.

Haha yea its horrid. The office complex I work in has the 'amazing' architecture of having glass across most of the rooftops. Its basically a giant greenhouse for growing contracts in during hot spells like this. As much as I like some hot sunny weather, spending it at work isn't fun whilst wearing smart clothes. What I hate to think about is people working abroad where places have reached 40c+! Not fun!

Still...it's nice to look forward to getting home and going outside again in more comfortable clothing. I didn't really make the most of lighter evenings this year yet until this week. Sun still doesn't set till around 9pm so its still decent :)

Temperature wise, it's just hit 27c here in this part of S.Glos. Yesterdays max was 28.2c just after 4pm. It might just beat it again or at least be very close.

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

25.1C after a high of 26.2C. Met Office called it wrong AGAIN. Mostly sunny all day, and still the sun continues to shine.

66% humidity too, so it's feeling fresher.

Posted

Sunny spells today, very hazy though but still lovely and warm, slightly less humid to with a high of 25.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Max today of 28.9c recorded here. What's even more remarkable is we have had 7 days without a drop of rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Max today of 28.9c recorded here. What's even more remarkable is we have had 7 days without a drop of rain!

Same here Chris, I have recorded a max of 28.9C. Quite impressed. Met office cloud forecast on tv this morning was fairly useless it was unbroken sunshine from about 10.30 - 1600 here.

Currently a humid 28.5C with convective cumulus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

max of 15.5c here, oh the joys of the cumbrian climate.

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted

max of 15.5c here, oh the joys of the cumbrian climate.

Whats your mean max so far this July and whats your average? Max here 18c, Keswick may just have reached 20c today