Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer Here? (Warm Spell Discussion)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Lucky you! Stuck in the office this end :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

You might be stuck in an office, but it's flipping cloudy here! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Cloudy here too, the worst Summer i can remember.

And here I was thinking last year's summer was bad. sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

You might be stuck in an office, but it's flipping cloudy here! sad.png

Yep, usual story for us Im afraid. Had some nice but brief sunny spells early on this morning but now stuck under yet another miserable blanket of cloud!

Posted

Its certainly warm out there with a temp of 25.9C and a max so far of 26.1C.

Fortunately we're just south of the cloud band so its only partly cloudy.

last time we had a decent long summer month was april 2011.. Before that June 2010..... Before that June 2009...In 3 whole years....

And you cant class April as summer.

August is going the same way as June and July again.. Of course 2 hot days every 3 weeks isnt to bad i guess..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

What cloud we had has melted away to leave almost completely clear skies. Stunning day!

Still not beaten warmest day of the year @ 26.7c in May.

Posted

I was in Manchester this morning and there are a good few breaks in the cloud there and it's very warm at 24C. As you look to the north though it's almost completely cloudy. As I drove south the sky became progressively clearer- travelling on the M5 around Worcester the sky became totally cloudless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Stations right on the east coast recording maxes of 26c which doesnt happen every year. Just a bit inland we've seen 26.5c.

Posted

BBC weather forecasters were predicting that Summer would arrive this week, Has rained all day so far with rain all day tomorrow as well. Very Strange. ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

BBC weather forecasters were predicting that Summer would arrive this week, Has rained all day so far with rain all day tomorrow as well. Very Strange. ;-)

But they weren't forecasting summery weather for Northern Ireland ;-)

Posted

They never actually specified the areas which were going to see the hotter drier weather hence the confusion.

My inlaws were expecting barbeque weather this week after seeing one of the transmissions. Thanks to model output I was able to put them right much to their annoyance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Stations right on the east coast recording maxes of 26c which doesnt happen every year. Just a bit inland we've seen 26.5c.

Latest Look North forecast showed 27c across most of the region tomorrow so the coast could be a degree higher than today if the sea breezes can stay away.

After initially thinking that we would be shrouded in cloud from that front for much of the week its great to get 3 good days out of this spell.

Elsewhere its looking like a week long spell of very warm weather for southern Britian lasting until Friday. A reminder of what summers gone by used to be like.

Posted

A stunning evening - not a cloud in the sky and lovely and warm!

Love this weather - where you don't need the sun to keep warm enough - even into the evening.

The garden is very happy and it is so much easier when I can control the water input rather than it be constantly soaked. Fair few plants suffered mould from constant damp. Just hope any change to cool/showery is only brief as we really need the warmth and sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

High of 22c today, strong winds though, would have got 25c+ if not for the strong breeze. Very pleasant.

But where's that brisk north'easterly with -10c uppers and some potent snow showers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

They never actually specified the areas which were going to see the hotter drier weather hence the confusion.

My inlaws were expecting barbeque weather this week after seeing one of the transmissions. Thanks to model output I was able to put them right much to their annoyance.

I haven't seen a single BBC transmission where they haven't specfied location where most of the warmer weather will occur. Did you mean the recent Daily Mail headline 'Killer Heatwave arriving next week ' ?

Any hope for 84F tomorrow

Posted

Now it's cooled down a bit it's lovely outside, sitting outside evening weather is one of my favourite things about warm spells and makes me envious of warmer climates when it's cool here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Still 21.3C at 9:33pm - with clear skies! That's hard to achieve here from my experience, under such conditions.

Posted

Latest Look North forecast showed 27c across most of the region tomorrow so the coast could be a degree higher than today if the sea breezes can stay away.

After initially thinking that we would be shrouded in cloud from that front for much of the week its great to get 3 good days out of this spell.

Elsewhere its looking like a week long spell of very warm weather for southern Britian lasting until Friday. A reminder of what summers gone by used to be like.

Not everywhere, whilst 23-26C will be widespread across NW England tomorrow (excluding poor Cumbria) it won't be wall-to-wall sunshine. Ah well, I won't b*tch and moan about it as Northern Ireland, Scotland and Cumbria have got the short end of the stick as per usual :(

Still 21.3C at 9:33pm - with clear skies! That's hard to achieve here from my experience, under such conditions.

Lovely isn't it? Even the wind still feels warm. This isn't a patch on the last 10 days of May though, with that perfect Euro high <3

Posted

Lovely it really is! Warm evenings are some of the very best things about summer - lovely to finally get some at long long last!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

how can i find the chart for 25th may?