Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 17th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

There are some quite dark clouds to the west of me, dont know if it will produce anything though :L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well, if the MetO forecast rainfall radar is accurate, I should be favourably positioned today.

Fingers crossed.

Posted

Diddley squat around here I'd say, unless things change dramatically.

Edited by picog

Posted

Heavy downpour all of a sudden with MAHOOSSSSIVE raindrops, almost soft hail!

Edit - After 60 seconds of that, all stopped! Well, suggests there is something convective trying to kick in and there is indeed some nice moisture up there

Edited by Harry

Posted

Nothing on the detector but I could definitely hear thunder from that shower that blew through just now when I went to the shop.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Gone very black to my sout!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

NOT MUCH HAPPENING DOWN WEST COUNTRY AT THE MOMENT ,but a few clouds bubbling up .perhaps something later .regards my post this morning about newspapers etc , i was in a rush and forgot to post it in correct thread .thanks to the person who removed it there . gone a bit darker here nothing on local radar wind dropped looking dark to my n west drinks.gif

Posted

i was in a rush and forgot to post it in correct thread .thanks to the person who removed it there .

I'll let you off this time!!!!! laugh.png

Posted

Very dark a Londres maintenant!!!!

Posted

Looked at NW extra radar and seems there was a strike just north of the central belt although radar looks mostly dead in scotland other than far southwest

Posted

NOT MUCH HAPPENING DOWN WEST COUNTRY AT THE MOMENT ,but a few clouds bubbling up .perhaps something later .regards my post this morning about newspapers etc , i was in a rush and forgot to post it in correct thread .thanks to the person who removed it there . gone a bit darker here nothing on local radar wind dropped looking dark to my n west drinks.gif

There will be very little if anything in the West Country now - the best chance was late morning/early afternoon but it's now increasingly clear and sunny with

scattered Cumulus and a few TCu (which may squeeze out a few drops but nothing more) as the HIGH begins to ridge in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

yes had my suspision with pressure building in from the west .but one can always hope .i can at long last concentrate on our garden ,a right mess after being left end of may ,june and early july whilst we were in north america and canada ,the first holiday in ten yrs and a very good one ,plenty of spectacular storms over there but as always the best hit ten to twenty miles away ,one week the temperatures in early 30s then cold and damp ,rings a bell . must say plenty of weather channels to watch ,but to my amazement when they did severe weather roundup ,it was the UK which made the headlines and our hosts were amazed at our bad weather ,so of course i would go on their computer and onto net weather ,it was good to see you lot [GANG] having a ball ,cloudy overhead now but crystall clear to my west ,could be a chilly one tonight .cheers .

Posted

Torrential downpour here in Bexley - 1 flash of lightning and now 2 rumbles of thunder heard!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

GFS Showing potential for some nasty thunderstorms for Thursday and Friday. Long way off but something to keep an eye on.

Edited by mattyk1985

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

GFS Showing potential for some nasty thunderstorms for Thursday and Friday. Long way off but something to keep an eye on.

Yes, just had a quick look through the GFS and looks interesting. As you say long way off.

I like this chart especially as its 3AM!!! http://www.wetterzen...s/Rmgfs1596.gif If this is showing on that evening, I will be staying up alllll night long.

Edited by Thunder_Bolt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Oooh more candy to chase. How long will this last before it withers away??

Admittedly though, the scenario the GFS is showing would be more favourable for storms in my area, than the scenarios we have had of late.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Yes, just had a quick look through the GFS and looks interesting. As you say long way off.

I like this chart especially as its 3AM!!! http://www.wetterzen...s/Rmgfs1596.gif If this is showing on that evening, I will be staying up alllll night long.

Won't be the only fireworks at the opening ceremony then! (if it hangs around that long)

Edited by Perfect Storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

If it does come off I would like it just to etch a little further north :-)

Defo mate. It'd be nice to see the vast majority of the UK having a thunderstorm. Imagine the carnage in here!

Oooh more candy to chase. How long will this last before it withers away??

Admittedly though, the scenario the GFS is showing would be more favourable for storms in my area, than the scenarios we have had of late.

Yes definitely more eye candy mate. To wither or not to wither? That is certainly the question!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Did notice when the 27th was around 372 hours out the GFS did display alot of cape for most areas of the UK and now its back. Fingers crossed. If it does come off though I can imagine it would be downgraded a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Did notice when the 27th was around 372 hours out the GFS did display alot of cape for most areas of the UK and now its back. Fingers crossed. If it does come off though I can imagine it would be downgraded a bit.

We call it the "Eastward Shuffel" down here. A common occurance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Corr, Jeesus! now that would be a treat and a half. I'm off down to the south coast Thursday for an open day ready for work in September when I'll be living down Pompey ! best get the camera out ready just in case :) -7 LI, now that's something you rarely see forecasted at this end of the woods in Europe. Shift this a bit further N, then ill be wetting myself!