Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 19th 2012>

Coast

Posted

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Here is my present for you smile.pnghttp://www.estofex.org/ LEVEL 1 clapping.gif

One might have to travel a bit out of that level 1 area to actually see the main action of the day. I'm surprised they've highlighted the South as apart from a portion of the South West, I would say it is a less likely risk area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Happy Birthday!clapping.gif I know you did mention last week. I guess you'll not be working today then?biggrin.png

Thanks, you guess right drinks.gif

Posted

One might have to travel a bit out of that level 1 area to actually see the main action of the day. I'm surprised they've highlighted the South as apart from a portion of the South West, I would say it is a less likely risk area?

......Or one might just stay here, drink my pink wine and eat my chocolate cake - but thanks for the thought Surrey angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

A nice line of convection has formed over my house! its strange.

Posted

DONT PUT A DOWNER ON THINGS! One can hope! biggrin.png

Not in my part of the World - this has been a disaster of a year convection-wise. We better get an Indian Summer or a hard, cold snowy Winter or I'm off to join the French Foreign Legion.......

Not in my part of the World - this has been a disaster of a year convection-wise. We better get an Indian Summer or a hard, cold snowy Winter or I'm off to join the French Foreign Legion.......

I am off to Tunsia on Tuesday, and having looked at the forecast a couple of days says "thunderstorms" but I can't see how that will be possible it's 41 degrees out there at the moment and dry as a bone!

Posted

A nice line of convection has formed over my house! its strange.

post-6667-0-75139200-1346231548_thumb.pn

unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'd have thought the main potential for thunder is in any showers that form after the passage of the front - you can see this happening right now. So chances would be this evening for the east of the region and slightly earlier further west, imo.

Tomorrow has a certain amount of potential too.smile.png Then nothing for a while.

Posted

I am off to Tunsia on Tuesday, and having looked at the forecast a couple of days says "thunderstorms" but I can't see how that will be possible it's 41 degrees out there at the moment and dry as a bone!

I've not got full charts for down there, but look at a couple of the convective indicators:

156_48.gif

156_11_af.gif

Just below the bottom of this one!

156_20.gif

Looking at NW extra, Tunisia is right in the middle of a huge convective time bomb next Tuesday!!!

post-6667-0-59557200-1346232756_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Good morrow each. Looks like lots of bad weather lining up westward(?) I'm not getting my hopes up though. They've been dashed too many times. Woe is me. :D

Have a great day all and hope some of you get a storm.

Posted

I am flying out there next week sad.png I hate flying as it is..Without trying to land through MASSIVE thunderstorms

The airlines won't fly you into a huge storm (or any convective weather!), the worst that can happen is there will be delays or you will be redirected to another airport. Lets hope it's not Tripoli!!!!!!!! laugh.png

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/proficiency/weather-flying/dealing-with-convective-weather.html

The airlines won't fly you into a huge storm (or any convective weather!), the worst that can happen is there will be delays or you will be redirected to another airport. Lets hope it's not Tripoli!!!!!!!! laugh.png

http://www.planeandp...ve-weather.html

I feel a little better, but I don't want to get to Southern France and see this monster storms and have to turn back or land in france lol I want to get to my holiday in one bit! :D

Posted

Well not intentionally anyway ....

post-10773-0-27485500-1346234447_thumb.j

...I'm not sure the worst that can happen is a delay or redirection - but happy flying anyway laugh.png

Posted

Ha, just started to rain here...*tsk* just as I was getting ready to go out rolleyes.gif

Posted

Looks like we had some good thunderstorms lately, thunderstorms pretty much every day of the 2 weeks while I was in the lightning capital of the world, sure was exciting :).

http://www.planeandp...ve-weather.html

Had to fly through some large convection on the descent to manchester airport on saturday, made for some turbulent flying, thankfully the runway was clear otherwise it may have been a nervewracking landing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Thought the main rain band had arrived here, looks like a local area has broken out in front of it though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Nice squall line but it split right over watford! cray.gif

12ssssjhjk.png

Or is that a radar site??

Posted

Why does it always have to rain so intensely in the short time I get to go for a bike ride at lunchtime?sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Interesting weather in Central London (work) for a change...Looks like home got some heavy stuff for a change...never when i'm there - it avoids me!