Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 19th 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Just got back from driving to Dunstable Downs in hope of some lightning, All i got was some bands of heavy rain, which did look very impressive but i need my lightning fix! Got back to bedford and everything is still bone dry lmao. Very weird because out of bedford town center in any given direction it rain and or stormed alot today!! Our storm sheild is in overdrive help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
http://www.floodwarn.co.uk/lightning.htm Check out the lighting strikes current..Going nuts inthe far east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

Can confirm Lowestoft has had great thunder, will try and get some photos of lightning. Been one of the better evenings storms. Local roads are flooded, just driven home from Lowestoft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Just got back from driving to Dunstable Downs in hope of some lightning, All i got was some bands of heavy rain, which did look very impressive but i need my lightning fix! Got back to bedford and everything is still bone dry lmao. Very weird because out of bedford town center in any given direction it rain and or stormed alot today!! Our storm sheild is in overdrive help.gif

Been like that here in LB - lovely day! often in blue sky with dark skies in every direction. From our house, when there are showers, its ALWAYS darker towards Tring / Chilterns directions, presume the uplift from the hills creates the heavier storms, e.g Wycombe's match was called off as a bolt of lightening hit the main stand!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Some nice clouds across the Fens today!

post-9147-0-60214200-1345925229_thumb.jp

post-9147-0-46523700-1345925237_thumb.jp

post-9147-0-32681100-1345925245_thumb.jp

post-9147-0-35033500-1345925252_thumb.jp

post-9147-0-74268400-1345925261_thumb.jp

post-9147-0-68897900-1345925272_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Morning all. Definitely has a heavy shower feel about it today.unsure.png I'll forgive it, if there's thunder & lightning.biggrin.png

Saw a rather bedraggled looking sparrowhawk, just now. It's a pity I didn't have my best camera to hand, I had to shoot through glass and I was also a bit jittery. I've also noticed it's been ringed, but it was a nice sight nonetheless.

Happy birthday from me too. Hopefully you'll have a great day, whatever the elements.drinks.gif

I'm sure someone may well have already corrected you Steve, but that is actually a Kestrel. Pretty impressive bird to have in your garden, it must be said. Storm wise, I did get a few rumbles today so that was pleasing. Hope everyone else got their share and I'm going to enjoy the sunshine tomorrow so will be taking an early night. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm sure someone may well have already corrected you Steve, but that is actually a Kestrel. Pretty impressive bird to have in your garden, it must be said. Storm wise, I did get a few rumbles today so that was pleasing. Hope everyone else got their share and I'm going to enjoy the sunshine tomorrow so will be taking an early night. good.gif

To be honest, I wasn't sure - I actually thought it was a juvenile. I did wonder what it was doing in the garden, as it seemed to be eating something non avian. I've only ever seen kestrels at a distance too, or hovering on roadside verges previously. Also a definite sparrowhawk took out a pigeon in exactly that location a couple of months ago (which I didn't see)

Thanks for the correction.

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

I've lived in London since 1994 and that was an awesome day of thundery activity, most for many years to be honest!! Had birthday fork lightning, in the field I live in what more could I ask for!!!

Posted

To be honest, it wasn't spectacular here. I'm just glad to have seen lightning and heard thunder. I never have expectations of more, in these situations. Anything more is always a bonus.smile.png

I'm glad that quite a few here had much more spectacular weather tbh.biggrin.png My time will come, hopefully.unsure.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Sweet b***er all in Ipswich. Another disappointment. :( What a pain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Had a storm that didn't really want to go anywhere and stuck around for a good hour or so. It wasn't directly overhead but about 3-5 miles away which is a perfect position to see lightning, plenty of CG's and inter-cloud lightning, notably the thunder never stopped rumbling, really did feel continental.

Posted

Hi all in sheppey for a few days

Internet access is poor so no updates

As I thought east anglia way was a good

Place for storms.

My prediction of find out where quantum

Is for the forecast seemed to work well.

Only kidding quantum

Talk soon

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

the storm between Cambridge and Ely was a great view from here.

could see frequent lightning despite it being early evening and a nice shelf, took video from the loft.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Omfg!!!! This storm is mad!!!!!!!!!! Wowowowowowo 3rd time lucky! Omg!!! Cant wait to sort the footage out biggrin.png

Hi Surrey

I was in the middle of a field at near Wellington Country Park at a BE event with my friend and we could see the beast moving in. Impressive. Rumbles galore and very large. Very dark skies and all were talking about it. Would have loved to have ssen it on the radar! But only had my wee phone. Anyone get a radar grab around 2.15pm?

PB

Posted

Hi Surrey

I was in the middle of a field at near Wellington Country Park at a BE event with my friend and we could see the beast moving in. Impressive. Rumbles galore and very large. Very dark skies and all were talking about it. Would have loved to have ssen it on the radar! But only had my wee phone. Anyone get a radar grab around 2.15pm?

PB

I've taken this from the site here, local to the area you've mentioned, at 14:15smile.png

post-11059-0-95852700-1345967314_thumb.p

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Well close but no cigar in Eastbourne yesterday. Today looks like making up for it with a brilliant sunny start and clear blue skies!

article-2087332-00523B3B00000258-562_952x620.jpg

Posted

Good morning all.

Well Im pretty much gutted. I spent most of Saturday daytime asleep as Im on night shifts. I woke up just in time to see the tail end of what was probably one of the best storms in a number of years in this area. I heard the almost constant rumbling thunder, and saw the occasional lightning flash.

A belated Happy Birthday to Ruthie in Brentford who had a storm on her doorstep !!

Posted

It feels a bit 'After the Lord Mayor's Show' for me here today.lazy.gif Didn't get anything too noteworthy yesterday and have woken to a boringly cloudy day.

I look forward to seeing various photos and clips, from the many who had a good day yesterday.smile.png

In the meantime, I'll go to my local for the afternoon, for their cheese and cider festival.biggrin.png

I guess Wednesday and Thursday will provide more opportunities for thunder, so chins up if you're currently feeling despondent.smile.png

Edit, the Sun is appearing now.cool.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well close but no cigar in Eastbourne yesterday. Today looks like making up for it with a brilliant sunny start and clear blue skies!

article-2087332-00523B3B00000258-562_952x620.jpg

No comment. Off to get some rays, myself. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sweet b***er all in Ipswich. Another disappointment. sad.png What a pain.

How on earth did you manage that, K? I've just had the best thunder-day I've seen in years! You should have come to Beccles, for a storm chase.

Posted

You can tell I'm killing time before I head out for lunch...ph34r.png

I've just been flicking through the CFS model for the coming Autumn and Winter (actually the charts are showing trends for a horribly high pressure dominated winter, so I hope they are wrong!ohmy.png )

I spotted this feature, which will undoubtedly be known henceforth as "the Great Halloween Storm". It's bound to happen. You have been warned!laugh.png

post-11059-0-04658700-1345975793_thumb.p

post-11059-0-09468100-1345975801_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

Thats scary lol :)