Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 19th 2012>

Coast

Posted

Had those spots of rain late morning and since then the sun has come back out properly lifting the temperature to 25c...no storms to be seen of heard here (as per usual!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Big ploppy rain here, very quick to develop. Looks like London stuff is bound for Sufffolk and N Essex. Oh well, rain welcome!!

Blimey, thunder!!! Teeny tiny cell as well!

Edited by Norfolk Sheep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lightning just to the south of us and I can hear the odd rumble (the dog's gone into panic mode), completely clouded over… a few showers at the moment with great big raindrops. Bring it on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Big blobs of rain here, dark skies - nothing on the radar though - strange.

Correction - radar now showing a shower, things ARE moving fast LOL

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

the dog's gone into panic mode

Oh bless laugh.png I know I shouldn't laugh but I've just got this vision in my head, something like this...

post-10773-0-37632800-1345380615_thumb.j

...mine don't seem to mind bangs of any sort !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Seems like Sussex got the best of this little cell, it's just downgrading to showers as it travels NE - strange considering the heat. Anyone got any idea why this is?

Posted

At 10am it was 29c clouded up at 11am got very humid. A few drops of rain fresher and temp drop to 24c..... Sun came out for an hour and temp up to 29c again.....then it's just clouded over again and very very humid again..... Didn't just help by having duck pancakes with seriously hot chilli sauce..... Beer and football now.....

Posted

Things ARE developing fast, the radar now looks like it's from a completely different day! It says it should be fairly active round here but nothing bar a couple of rumbles....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

At 10am it was 29c clouded up at 11am got very humid. A few drops of rain fresher and temp drop to 24c..... Sun came out for an hour and temp up to 29c again.....then it's just clouded over again and very very humid again..... Didn't just help by having duck pancakes with seriously hot chilli sauce..... Beer and football now.....

Sounds just the ticket! Off to my local soon.

Posted

Things ARE developing fast, the radar now looks like it's from a completely different day! It says it should be fairly active round here but nothing bar a couple of rumbles....

It's brightening nicely here. If there was thunder, it was very distant. It doesn't help that I can also hear firing from the army ranges south of Colchester...

The showers moved very quickly; must have fairly strong upper level winds.

Posted

Oh bless laugh.png I know I shouldn't laugh but I've just got this vision in my head, something like this...

post-10773-0-37632800-1345380615_thumb.j

...mine don't seem to mind bangs of any sort !

Cute dog! Unfortunately mine is a big black Labrador who is gun shy — his dad was an international field champion which is a bit embarrassing. He tries to climb into my lap and is now cowering under the desk at my feet panting with fear.

We've got a Border Terrier who's not afraid of anything — he gets angry when something frightens him and either barks at it or chases it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nothing here...Just a bright, still, oppressive 30C...

Posted

Cute dog! Unfortunately mine is a big black Labrador who is gun shy — his dad was an international field champion which is a bit embarrassing. He tries to climb into my lap and is now cowering under the desk at my feet panting with fear.

We've got a Border Terrier who's not afraid of anything — he gets angry when something frightens him and either barks at it or chases it.

I wonder what some animals are thinking? Do they think thunder claps are the utterances of some absolutely enormous predator?

When I was a child, we had a couple of cats who were terrified of the drums from the annual carnival procession, which went along our road. The first time we were aware of it, we wondered where on earth they were - we'd gone into the garden to watch the carnival and knew they'd been in the house before we'd gone out. We eventually found them hidden behind one of the large speakers from our music system!blink.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

I wonder what some animals are thinking? Do they think thunder claps are the utterances of some absolutely enormous predator?

When I was a child, we had a couple of cats who were terrified of the drums from the annual carnival procession, which went along our road. The first time we were aware of it, we wondered where on earth they were - we'd gone into the garden to watch the carnival and knew they'd been in the house before we'd gone out. We eventually found them hidden behind one of the large speakers from our music system!blink.png

What is extraordinary is that we just have to say "Boom booms, Louis" and he starts panting and rolling his eyes whether there's a thunder storm in the offing or not. And even more strange is that he's connected rain with 'boom booms' — if I say 'rain' or 'it's raining' he does the same thing, although he's not afraid of the rain itself and has been out walking in it hundreds of times.

He's connected two abstract concepts — the dog's an Einstein wacko.png

Posted

Poor Louis! "Boom booms, Louis!"laugh.png

Posted

Poor Louis! "Boom booms, Louis!"laugh.png

I passed on your message and he's not impressed.rofl.gif

Posted

Big fat nothing here, now a large mass of rain heading out towards the N Sea. Sun's out again though, after some moderate rain :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Sunny and hot again now.

Posted

Dewpoint now up to 19.8°C and really muggy but cloudy. Not sure that we will see any storms down here tonight but hey-ho! Washed the cars earlier and within 20 minutes they were covered in dirty rain which was yellow from the sand - thank you Spanish plume!!!!!

Posted

Clouds pass sun comes out heat and humidity rise, clouds over again then cooler for an hour then rinse and repeat..... So sticky at mo.... 27c humidity 75%..... Oppressive doesn't cover it.... Darker cloud to the south but as with any precip at mo Lookslike it is evaporating before it hits the ground.....

Any storms in this region seem to just pass to the east or west of here..... Must be one of the most storm starved areas in 2012..... Everything breaks up over us to build into big storms over the north sea..... Hoping that will change today!

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

30.6C here, it is one of the most oppressive days I have ever felt.

Posted

The temperature has fluctuated quite a bit today with varying spells of fully overcast, to hot steaming sunshine. Currently 27C.

We are still 29ºC although I noticed the sun blasting down on the big open fields around here make a huge difference… walking along the woodland track was quite bearable and about 5 degrees cooler.