Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - September 24th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Yeah, where I am is sort of right on the edge of the warning zone, we are in a weird place although is in Essex we are right on the border of being in 'London'

Yes, judging by certain television programming outputs, I agree wholeheartedly. rofl.gif Not that I watch any of that vajazzling entertainment edutainment. fool.gif

The only way is Berkshire acute.gifin my opinion, even then, that term should cover only certain parts. I wonder why there isn't an only way is Dorset or Cornwall, now you're talking. Oh, how I love that laid back county. lazy.gif Wake me up, when the winter is upon us. smiliz39.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Should really be the only place is Cornwall, if it were a programme.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Clouded up here a lot now but it's reasonably warm with a nice refreshing breeze. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Clouded up here a lot now but it's reasonably warm with a nice refreshing breeze. smile.png

A few more showers could reach your parts before darkness but tomorrow is forecast to be much drier and then comes Friday. help.gif

Friday, hence the warnings posted earlier by MK, could provide a vast part of this region with a lot of rainfall, however equally it seems, your location may escape the worst. My attention is equally drawn to the period after this dry weekend (forecast dry, frosty at night), with the 0z outputs predicting almost monsoonal conditions from here on in. However, the 06z dropped this idea and we will have to see what the 12z's and tonight's outputs provide us with. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If its this cold now, I dread to think how cold its gonna be in Januarycold.gif

Posted

Hi all

Floodind starting to look a real

Issue again for the next 4 days

Also expecting to see temps drop

Down from 12th onwards

Also to confuse the models even more. Tropical storm 15 aPpears

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/143430.shtml?basin?large#contents

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If its this cold now, I dread to think how cold its gonna be in Januarycold.gif

Cold? You should try the Sneck...Today is positively balmy!laugh.png

Guest archiesmummy

Yes, judging by certain television programming outputs, I agree wholeheartedly. rofl.gif Not that I watch any of that vajazzling entertainment edutainment. fool.gif

The only way is Berkshire acute.gifin my opinion, even then, that term should cover only certain parts. I wonder why there isn't an only way is Dorset or Cornwall, now you're talking. Oh, how I love that laid back county. lazy.gif Wake me up, when the winter is upon us. smiliz39.gif

Gosh don't ever watch Geordie shore or the valleys....lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Gosh don't ever watch Geordie shore or the valleys....lol smile.png

What are they?biggrin.png

Guest archiesmummy

Lashing it down here a massive flash of lightening and clap of thunder, was covering over the guinea pig and nearly took myself out with the bungee!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Lashing it down here a massive flash of lightening and clap of thunder, was covering over the guinea pig and nearly took myself out with the bungee!

Please take care out there, bungee jumping not recommended during thunderstorms, and i dare say the pigs wont be too impressed either.

;-)

Posted

Oooh! Send it this way please. :D

Posted

It's getting close to that time of year when I come out of hiding ;) xxx

Posted

1 very bright distant (about 40 miles) flash of blue lightning to the North of Southend around 9pm and then a distant rumble a little later.

Southend Airport TAFF Also reporting a nearby thunderstorm with Cb's in it's report!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I have decided the only way is Essex...you lot get all the storms and have all the fun angel.gif

I will be putting my house up for sale in the morning and looking for a suitable property, there seems to be quite a few available in my price range...

http://www.homesgofast.com/uk/luxury_property_essex.php

Posted

My phone weather app says lightning in Ippy NOW!! Erm.....I don't think so somehow. :( Maybe later tonight. Well, I can dream. :)

Posted

Hmmmm....the usual blank spot weatherwise here in north west London BUT, I had one very bright spot earlier today. I got to see and hold my latest Grandaughter for the first time. My Son and his Family now live in South Africa, but they popped back for a few days.

A special moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

I can't remember the last thunderstorm I actually experienced, oh well.

Bring on the snowssss, is what I say. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

What is going on, another spring and summer without night thunderstorms, the last night storms i remember was July/August 2009, we had an extreme snow event Feb 2009, but imported night storms did follow that year, but then after that nothing, imports just stopped, but we then had snow each winter after, what is stopping unstable plumes from reaching our shores? we have been ok for daytime heat storms or home-growns, but we will always get those. Can't wait to see what happens this winter, i'm more excited than the last few at pre-winter stage for certain interesting factors, Dec 2010 that rare? yes it was..it was until then, but rare events like that are to be less rare as we will find out this year and next. I had read a book just after the big freeze, stating the facts of everything that places us only in an ice age and nothing less, it said gw could be happening but it is making the northern hemisphere colder.. the ice age affecting just northern Europe/UK. After a couple of years after reading that book i am starting to see the predictions made emerging, for example, the cooler summers, solar activity.., i believe what i read in that book could be right, it could be happening.

Back to the here and now, some interesting and concerning weather developing on Thursday night(tonight)lasting into the weekend(all though not all wkend and this could change) what we can expect depending on the track of the storm is some very wet weather, heavy and prolonged spells of rainfall, causing flooding, keep check of the weather as things could be more severe or less so, once again this does depend on the track of the low pressure(s).

Also we need to keep watch of potential strong winds, this also depends on the storm track.

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=ens;sess=

Very wet

Also cold from 13th onwards

For a little while

I'm still predicting a very cold

November

Hopefully be pretty cold when I get

Back on properly here on nov 8th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hi all ,heavy rain last night here and a bit of lightning.Didnt hear anything though.Woke up this morning its very chilly 3c.Might have been colder earlier?Silly hubby had turned down the themostat (again)so the dog was cold poor boy.Just sitting here with a nice big coffee,then maisey will be up to start her birthday, 10 today.Been reading the winter thread likey likey so far,cheers all have a great day sam x

Posted

4.8c was the low here and as it has just turned 7am, it may drop a wee bit more yet. Phenologically speaking, my first Autumn Air frost turns up around the 31st October, so could be a while to wait even now. Some years, I don't even record an Autumn frost. fool.gif So, whilst Autumn is my least favourite season, it is good to know, that we can all start thinking and preparing for winter by following the winter type threads, as mentioned by Floaty. Please do venture in, put a few minutes/hours aside and have a look at the following links, as they are fantastic learning aids and also a whole of fun.

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2377423

http://forum.netweat...ow#entry2377411

http://forum.netweat...re#entry2377375

If at all, you feel befuddled by what you read, so do the rest of us, just don't be afraid to do some background reading or ask questions. good.gif

For now, I'll let this thread return to its more casual, relaxed state, especially as MK must still be fast asleep and I don't want to disturb her. lazy.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather