Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Is this little 'Theo' causing this? ohmy.png

could well be, unless he's still busy in the dragons den...

post-10773-0-14460400-1349418226_thumb.j

14mm here since midnight - but not actually raining now !

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Morning all.Wet and messy here.

Posted

Morning all, dry here but we appear to have had rain at some point during the night. Skies cloudy but bright if that makes sense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Posted

I had a really weird experience this morning, don't know if anyone else felt this but... were there warm pockets in the air mass? I say this as when i walked out of my front door this morning i was surprised by how warm it felt, I got in my car and the thermometer measured 16 degrees (this was at arouond 06.20) I then drove about 4 miles north up the M11 and the temperature had dropped to 10 degrees C. When I arrived at work 30 miles north of London the wind was blooming freezing!!! The radio also then stated that the temperature in central London was 11 degrees meaning temperatures had dropped there within 20 mins too. Really weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I had a really weird experience this morning, don't know if anyone else felt this but... were there warm pockets in the air mass? I say this as when i walked out of my front door this morning i was surprised by how warm it felt, I got in my car and the thermometer measured 16 degrees (this was at arouond 06.20) I then drove about 4 miles north up the M11 and the temperature had dropped to 10 degrees C. When I arrived at work 30 miles north of London the wind was blooming freezing!!! The radio also then stated that the temperature in central London was 11 degrees meaning temperatures had dropped there within 20 mins too. Really weird.

That's precisely what my post above illustrates, although I don't know the dynamics of the overnight system, it was most unusual. If that was a hint of things to come, then watch out for much more wind and rain, this afternoon onwards as suggested. In deepest FI, high pressure may well start settling things down around mid October. That we can only be thankful for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

All quiet here today...

Looking at the NMM model indicates I should expect about 20mm of rain, by early tomorrow, which is a reasonable amount.

post-11059-0-19098500-1349443340_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

All quiet here today...

And in here...where is everyone search.gif

Looking at the NMM model indicates I should expect about 20mm of rain, by early tomorrow, which is a reasonable amount.

That's quite a bit, the 14mm here overnight seemed a lot and it was so noisy at times, I've got a stainless steel chimney flue and it was like a musical instrument pinging away with the heavy drops!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

My nephew went out the front door this morning about 7:45 and said how cold it felt. My niece and I were stood at the back having a cig about ten minutes later and we thought how mild it was. Weird! :o

Very gloomy looking now and looks it might rain so best get washing in. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

My nephew went out the front door this morning about 7:45 and said how cold it felt. My niece and I were stood at the back having a cig about ten minutes later and we thought how mild it was. Weird! ohmy.png

Very gloomy looking now and looks it might rain so best get washing in. smile.png

Good idea, it's raining here now.

Posted

As ever, this animation is proving most useful and shows that there certainly is a whole lot more to come.

http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Wet here in the west, the cows are soaked. Felt it was very mild today, was in the chiswick area anyway. Almost muggy when it started to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

'Its raining, it's pouring and telly's very boring' ugh! What a night.

Think it's the night to go Internet shopping. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I think its raining outside ;)

Posted

Raining heavily here too, really interested to see what we get out of this tonight... interesting there are no weather warnings outside of devon and somerset... especially as soils are saturated and rivers high.