Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tomasz Schafernaker Returns to the BBC and Met Office

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Re the TWS posting above, didn't Richard Edger have a major falling out with Bill Giles? (who I don't think has been mentioned above)

I knew there was some sort of falling-out involving Bill Giles but didn't recall that Richard Edgar and David Lee were involved, but I can find some archived news articles from 1999 which confirm it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/537880.stm

I found Bill Giles's forecasts quite good as well, but preferred some of the other presenters.

Posted

I still prefer the presenters of old, though there are still some good ones like Phil Avery and Peter Gibbs. What I find annoying is the need to bring some forecasters to the fold purely on looks, though the BBC rarely go down this route.

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

I still prefer the presenters of old, though there are still some good ones like Phil Avery and Peter Gibbs. What I find annoying is the need to bring some forecasters to the fold purely on looks, though the BBC rarely go down this route.

Which is good, but this Getting on a bit female likes having the weather explained by Chris Fawkes....."oohh Young Man!"

Posted

Unfortunately, when he does return, so will the high pressure down south blum.gif

18865_292502883384_704863384_4553493_7797670_n.jpg

Wow,now thats a good picture,definately worth saving.I always thought he was rather handsome but this is something else..oh and he's a good weather presenter ,he he he.... Edited by greybing

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by snow raven, March 17, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by snow raven, March 17, 2013 - No reason given

Off topic here, but why did the BBC get rid of really good forecasters, only to replace them with people like Matt Taylor who can barley string a sentence together without getting his words muddled up! He tries so hard to appear relaxed, but he clearly finds TV forecasts stressful to say the least!