Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy Rain, Flooding, High Winds - 21st November onward

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Teamjollie : sorry I hadn't read the whole thread.

Probably around 18.00 judging by the speed it's moving.

No worries, sorry I wasn't clear- I'm not in the SW often enough to keep changing my profile location. :)

I think the heaviest/gustiest part has passed Plymouth now, although it's still pouring outside and still blowy - the rain is blowing in sheets up the road, although we are in quite an exposed position.

I have given up all hope of getting home tonight, and just keeping my fingers crossed that I can travel tomorrow, although based on the amount of rain we're currently experience, and the rails totally submerged in some areas, I am not optimistic. Oh well!

Hope anyone driving is safe!

Posted

Ooo the winds just got up again anyone know how long this will last in th NWest of England?

Posted

It's absolutely chucking it down now. Knocked out the sky satellite and the cars had to slow right down on the roads.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Ah ah it's arrived and survived bouncing it down but we've lost the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Very strong sustained winds now here in Wilts, in excess of 30 mph sustained with gusts still well in excess of 50 mph....Just walked back from the shop, and when the gusts hit, it was a case of one step forwards, two steps back, an impressive audition for 'Strictly Come Dancing' I might add...lol.....House lights flickering to boot...Rain belt not a million miles away now, about 25-30 miles to the west to be more accurate, and stone me, that squall line is looking impressive on radar!!

Here's a quick radar grab centered on my post-code

(Image courtesy of NW Extra)

post-4149-0-98553500-1353606007.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Reports on the news of a mosque in Birmingham loosing it's roof, surely it would have to be gusting well over 70mph for that to happen. Here the winds are definitely building and the gusts are gradually becomming more frequent at approx 45mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Its reached here and some heavy rain and wind gusts but not enough to impress me that much. Then again, i am harder to impress these days blum.gif

Michelle, that scene may be mimicked across the country (even around these parts) come Sunday morning. November 2000 comes to mind....

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Its reached here and some heavy rain and wind gusts but not enough to impress me that much. Then again, i am harder to impress these days blum.gif

I know the feeling. Wasn't a squall here as the winds dropped off but for a short while very heavy rain. Still raining and more to the west.

Posted

Reports on the news of a mosque in Birmingham loosing it's roof, surely it would have to be gusting well over 70mph for that to happen. Here the winds are definitely building and the gusts are gradually becomming more frequent at approx 45mph.

lol

Posted

It's very windy in Coventry -- we're quite sheltered, so it isn't normally this bad here. It's easily the windiest day I've seen since I arrived here in May 2011. The gale destroyed the awning over the garage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just had a look on the radar for my area, and I think the following sums it up quite nicely......

"Knock Knock"

Who's there?

"Del"

Del who?

"Del-uge......Incoming!"

wacko.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Been horrible here in Plymouth. The roads are like rivers but then I live on a hill. Feel for those outside plymouth by the rivers and estuaries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Highest gust here was 67 mph at 1644, the highest since April. The rain was fairly heavy for a while but never torrential, the rain band on the front seemed to split over this area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Well after it passed through here, just found out my bedroom celing has sprung a leak and the garden fence is in bits all over the green. Guess it was stronger than I thought..:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wow what a day folks!! I hope you aren't to soggy or blown to pieces... Thanks for sharing the photo's guys. smile.png

Top gusts of the day were Capel Curig & Great Dun Fell (Cumbria) with both stations recording gusts to 86mph, a number of low level stations were experiencing gusts between 50-70mph and even in excess of 70mph in a few locations. The strongest winds occurring just ahead of and during the fronts passage.

post-9615-0-85492200-1353615916_thumb.pnpost-9615-0-57284600-1353615931_thumb.pn

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Dreading the damage this little fella will do for us in the SW. We're at critical level now;

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack1a.gif