Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy Rain, Flooding, High Winds - 21st November onward

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Its raining steadily here and has been since about 2:30pm. The roads are already very wet with surface water and spray and its not even gotten heavy yet. I wonder how things will look 12 hours from now???

Posted

I'm going to the motorcycle show at the NEC tomorrow morning at 9am, the wind is showing at 50mph + at that time.

Does anyone have an update on the wind situation?

Posted

Hey John,

From Hull, so expecting some pretty grim weather over the next 72 hours!

I used to be quite a regular here but my old username R0b doesnt seem to be working anymore!

welcome back :)

Its raining steadily here and has been since about 2:30pm. The roads are already very wet with surface water and spray and its not even gotten heavy yet. I wonder how things will look 12 hours from now???

Wet :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Wind starting to pep up a bit here now, gusts of 20mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

21.2mm here so far. Lot's of flooding in surrounding areas in between the river Frome and Piddle. Luckily i'm on a mount and flooding here is almost impossible.

17.5mm here so far and , walking the mountains earlier the fields are flooded and paths were streams already, after the first 10mm. The ground is completely saturated so even moderate rainfall just runs straight off into the rivers so I can see plenty of flooding.

Posted

Think were a matter of minutes away from the precip, very quiet and no wind here at present!

Edit : Would luck have it, rain has just started, still no wind!

again

looks it Rob-welcome to Net Wx, would you mind giving your town please? - many thanks

Most inland places across Wales and England at the moment are reporting wind speeds still around 12 to 18mph. Coastal area's and buoys are started to get higher wind speeds a buoy just to the South of Ireland reporting 40mph gusts. Radar imagery is showing a very heavy band of rain moving into South Western England at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

High-res surface wind plot last updated at 1844 for 0300 and 0500. Wind speeds in knots. Courtesy of: http://www.windfinde...t_animation.htm

post-3325-0-05414300-1353783944_thumb.pn

post-3325-0-76816100-1353783953_thumb.pn

Posted

I live right on the Sussex coast and it looks like I will suffer the worst of the gusty winds in the early hours...maybe slightly worse than the other night.

I'm more concerned about the amount of rainfall that will be falling over South West England and South West Wales in the next 12-18 hours. Some torrential rain over Wiltshire and Hampshire too at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Really nasty conditions developing over the SW right now as some very heavy rainfall makes it's presence felt on the northern flank of the developing low, looking quite serious I'm afraid.

post-9615-0-14478200-1353785153_thumb.pn

Pulses of heavy rain moving north across the country, nearly into southern Scotland now.

post-9615-0-27181900-1353785343_thumb.pn

Wind speeds around 30mph over the Channel with higher gusts but the real strength will come when the winds veer to the SW then Westerly later this evening and overnight. Severe westerly gales through the Channel for a time.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

so far today we have had mostly light rain ,but an hour ago it came on heavier . it as now stoped and the moon is just visible . but i can see some bright echo s on radar to my south .it looks like a very wet evening .just tuned into truckers and its very hvy across cornwall and devon .yet another system later tomorrow ,could be fun for mondays rush hour .cheers .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

6.9mm today and the heaviest is expected tonight and meant to last till 3am worrying times as there are already very large puddles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Some of the local stream/river catchment areas just outside my hometown were almost breaking over the top onto roads yesterday afternoon, before todays rain even arrived. Its a mess out there this evening and haven't driven out an about today, but its quite concerning seeing that very heavy rain edge closer and closer tonight that is currently over to the SW.

I really feel for farmers this year. Terrible summer in some areas for growing crops and now localised flooding across many farm fields along the River Severn flood plains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Welcome back to NW. I think what John H is asking is for you to put your town into your profile so that others can see where you are posting from :)

Steady rain continuing here, but nothing that I would call heavy. However, it is still making large puddles on the roads. Shows how saturated the ground is.