Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy Rain, Flooding, High Winds - 21st November onward

Paul

Isle of Portland and Isle of Wight reporting gusts around 65mph at the moment. Other coastal area's across the South and East ranging from 40 to 55mph gusts. Center of the low is near London at the moment and at 987mb. Low will keep moving and wind speeds should continue to increase a lot over the next 2 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Got a reading of 979mb here at 03.45 , gusting up to 32mph although my weather station is only 12ft from ground level.

Posted

Eastbourne seems to have escaped the worst of the rain and the peak gust recorded here was 62mph. The house is still creaking, but I think it's strength is subsiding a little now.

Posted

14.4mm fallen here since midnight, local rivers are seeming to cope with the demand but normally there's a few hours from where the highest catchment area's begin to drain off to lower levels. Especially given that locally we're surrounded by 1200ft of peat bogland all aimed in a bowl-like valley draining off into the River Goyt.

Winds will become the main issue for a brief time into the morning, especially given the saturated soil, but all eyes out to the South for the next system which looks set to crash to a halt onwards from Monday into Tues.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Takes 2/3 days to effect the river Wye, then that backs the Lathkill up, then the Bradford. The valley below me is flooded now, lucky i live on top of a hill..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Edit...Silly me I was looking at the current gusts

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted

Been raining non-stop here for 13 hours now and still going,but nothing like the problems

in the South-West.

The trouble making low center has moved into the North Sea now.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Not a bad guess early this morning. Total rain so far 38.3mm Wind gusting to 50 mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

It's definitely dying down a little now, winds started picking up here around 3am but didn't really get going until about 5am to 7am then started slowly abaiting. My guess, I reckon we had a few gusts in the 50-60mph range but generally it was between 35-45mph so nothing that we havn't seen already a fair few times this year. Infact I would say that freaky squall line we had on Thursday afternoon was at least as bad if not a little worse!

Posted

Orographic enhancement on the back-edge of the low has prepped up rainfall for where I am, a narrow band of rain on the RADAR but it's quite moderate and adding up another 1mm and half to today's totals.

Posted

Raining and winds picking up now big gusts of wind happening but not as bad as Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

According to The Daily Exagerate...urm hum Express the winds reached 80mph, so a slight back track from their 100mph+ predictions but still aload of old bull whatever way you address it. Max it got to was bout 70mph perhaps around some exposed cliff tops and maybe approaching 60mph inland! The flooding situation in the south-west is definitely appauling though, a friend of mine is stranded down there! sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Horrid morning, cold wet & breezy, the rian slowly pulling away to the east.

The winds probably weren't as strong as the models were indicating with gusts generally 40-50mph and a few into the 60's closer to the more exposed coasts around the south east. Still quite nasty, the rainfall and flooding much more of a concern than the wind right now.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

We've had around 13 hours of rain up here we had 24mm yesterday and so far 16.3mm since midnight so that's 40.3mm since last night

Posted

Gloucestershire roads badly affected by flooding

More than 20 roads in Gloucestershire - including the M50 motorway - have been closed because of heavy rain overnight.

The M5 has also been affected with lane closures near Stroud because of flooding, the Highways Agency said.

Gloucestershire County Council said motorists should avoid or delay travelling where possible.

Flood warnings remain in place for more than 200 rivers across the South West of England.

Other road closures include the A38 between Cross Keys and Whitminster, the A40 Over to Highnam and the A46 between Nailsworth and Stroud.

The A435 at Bishop's Cleeve is also impassable

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-20484323

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

48.8 mm of rain here in the 24 hrs up to 0900, it's the first time in a long time I've seen large standing puddles of water on the moor, it's a limestone moor and heavy rain normally drains away quite quickly.

It became windy during the early morning with a maximum gust of 61 mph around 0830 and the mean speed just short of gale force at 38 mph.

Posted

Hard to believe that some 24 miles away it's now blue skies and wall to wall sunshine, you'd never have guessed given since midnight here it's rained non-stop even when the low was expected to be far out to the East. That band of orographic rain has been a game-changer here. Unfortunately from tonight it looks to be another 48 hours of precip with the Beeb looking out to Wales and the Eastern Pennines as the next possible contenders for flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

B4084 closed at Hampton Evesham due to the River Isbourne and Avon breaking there Banks! I must say this is a really situation, and with more rain later , one can only wonder how bad its gonna get. I really feel sorry for the folks already with flooded homes again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Another 30+mm of rain last night, that means we have had nearly 100mm in the last four days

Must say though, there is very little sign of flooding when I went out for a run this morning, although the river that runs 300 or 400m away from my house is very high, but still about 6' away from breeching the banks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Amber warning on its way for North East England for tonight/tomorrow's rain.

Edited by Cold Winter