Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted

This is daisys daughter. Is it goin to snow? Lol I love, love, love the snow and it would make eveyrhting much more christmasy and Happy! Please snow :) X

By this time next week, i reckon we would've seen some snow for our part of the UK

Posted

By this time next week, i reckon we would've seen some snow for our part of the UK

I hope you right mate. But all I can see for us is blue skys and sunshine and watching the showers over the east struggle to make inroads to the West. I think we will have to wait for the Atlantic to try........and hope it fails, bringing an all snow event for us.

Posted

Hi Khodds I've been looking at those snow shovels too but have resisted because my hubby would think I was a total nutcase!!! However, I have bought snow suits and boots for the kids, just in case. Let's hope they're going to need them. Loving this cold weather :0))

Posted

just checked the radar on my weatherpro app. it's heading our way - going in the south-east direction, coming from the arctic. currently here in hampshire it's mightily cold, with a completely white sky. will be surprised if we DONT get a few flakes this evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just of of interest can still it snow with temps higher than 4c but with 0c dewpoint!

It can but it won't this evening.

Looks very unlikely even highest hills will see snow tonight now and they have also removed threat of it from met office forecast sadly.

Back to FI sorry.gifsearch.gif

Posted

It can but it won't this evening.

Looks very unlikely even highest hills will see snow tonight now and they have also removed threat of it from met office forecast sadly.

Back to FI sorry.gifsearch.gif

Yes wasnt expecting much! whats it look like for next week in our region dry and cold?

Posted

Yes wasnt expecting much! whats it look like for next week in our region dry and cold?

At the moment yes in regards to snow we shall have to wait and see if and when it develops in our favour.

Looks like south east might get some localised falls of snow into the early hours.... again aggressive.gif

Posted

At the moment yes in regards to snow we shall have to wait and see if and when it develops in our favour.

Looks like south east might get some localised falls of snow into the early hours.... again aggressive.gif

No fair the west is rubbish for snow!

Posted

How far east are we talking do you think?

I am further east than a lot of you, but am I east enough? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello me lovlies.

This is my analysis, cross-posted from the SE & EA thread.

Well, originally I went for a rain to snow event - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75086-southwest-central-southern-england-regional-discussion/page__st__380#entry2429442 and I think that should still be the case.

With backup from other posts (aj's and PS etc.) I am assuming the following with regards to tonight's event.

According to the latest available data from the UKMO, in the form of their Fax Charts, it certainly shows a very complicated picture. sorry.gif Firstly, a warm front approaches this region from the Northwest, over the next few hours. This will largely contain rain and very little snow IMO. Thereafter, over the period around midnight to 2am, a cold front rapidly follows it through. The timing of the cold front and whether it can undercut the warm front's milder air will be a key factor, which will influence the forecast. After the period mentioned above, i.e. 3am onwards or thereabouts, this is when wintry precipitation will be much more likely, so perhaps you should set your alarms for a very very early morning wake-up. This third front is shown on the UKMO Fax Charts, heading down from central parts of England and looks set to follow in behind the main depression as the wind backs to the North or Northeast.

post-7183-0-07331300-1354810497_thumb.gi

An interesting night ahead but will most likely result in no further lying snow, IMHO.

Whatever happens, there will be more fun to follow in the following days and weeks.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

No fair the west is rubbish for snow!

Your perception is true for now, but will you be saying such things when those stalling channel lows come and pay you a visit. rofl.gif

Posted

how often do they come off... not often.

Rare, it has to be said. Statistically, one every eight to ten years, maybe? I don't know.

However alex, we are just about to enter some pretty rare synoptics, hemisphericallly speaking.

Chin up girl. blum.gif

Posted

Rare, it has to be said. Statistically, one every five to eight years, maybe?

However alex, we are just about to enter some pretty rare synoptics, hemisphericallly speaking.

Chin up girl. blum.gif

i dont mind dry, cold and crisp :) but even better when it snows haa

Posted

Your perception is true for now, but will you be saying such things when those stalling channel lows come and pay you a visit. rofl.gif

Hi Goto, I think it is more a case of IF those channel lows pay a visit! Still I live in hopes, unsure.png but as for tonight? This will be me lazy.gif

Posted

Hi Goto, I think it is more a case of IF those channel lows pay a visit! Still I live in hopes, unsure.png but as for tonight? This will be me lazy.gif

Ive lived on mendips for best part of 15 years and although we do get alot more snow being high up I have yet to see one true epic all snow channel low so they are extremely rare!

I do see them on the models every year however in FI aggressive.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Ive lived on mendips for best part of 15 years and although we do get alot more snow being high up I have yet to see one true epic all snow channel low so they are extremely rare!

I do see them on the models every year however in FI aggressive.gif

Odds must be beginning to come in are favour now.. Of one actually happening some day...

Posted

I hope you right mate. But all I can see for us is blue skys and sunshine and watching the showers over the east struggle to make inroads to the West. I think we will have to wait for the Atlantic to try........and hope it fails, bringing an all snow event for us.

Dont fall into the trap of watching all 4 GFS runs each day and taking each one as 'gospel'.

The trend is still favourable - we'll see snow action by this time next week.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Wasn't the deep snow in February a couple of years ago the result of a channel low?

Posted

Well UKMO came closer to what the others are saying but as always the case everyone is already worrying when the breakdown will come. Looking forward to the ECM can we have a Stella run or will it come back down to earth.

I think we have a very good chance of a cold 4-5 days coming up, after that its anyone's guess. I think we have a good chance of it carrying on, we all know the GFS likes to power up the lows in FI. Once again another night of nerves and ups and downs, but hey that's the fun in model watching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

All I would say is look at the Michael fish forecast on netweather homepage..almost nailed on cold next week..just the question of where the snow will hit. :-)

Edited by iowpompeylee

Posted

evening all,

Wha\t a cold day, really felt it today and not been outside as usual but in a class room.

frost struggled to leave the grass and did start to reappear.

Temps seam to be rising alittle now as predicted.

Interesting model predictions again today, potential for some cold weather next week still on the cards, t what exptent and for how long it will last is still unknown.

All in all a real nice feel to the start of december.