Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I think I report sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wasn't the deep snow in February a couple of years ago the result of a channel low?

It was a weak ish one I think but not the full blown channel low with strong winds and driving blizzards with drifts over the roof of our local pub, there is a photo on wall of our local and i look at it and sigh everytime air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

how often do they come off... not often.

Or sometimes 3 in one week e.g. February 2009 lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It all kicks off in just 5 days now folks;

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=147728

Also, there is an interesting conversation on twitter between Matt & Ian, haven't got time to copy it all, but the basis is that they think the GFS is too progressive with the Atlantic & the block will last longer and snow could well be a frequently used word next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Question; where did our 2009 snow come from? Was it an Easterly or N Easterly? I'm thinking the latter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I can confirm definite sleet, wet snow flakes flying by in the wind , but rain aswell , but the band has only just reached me, so may turn as gets heavier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Question; where did our 2009 snow come from? Was it an Easterly or N Easterly? I'm thinking the latter?

IIRC that was a channel low. Dorset was forecast serious snowfall but it never really materialised there, instead giving a dump nearer the M4/Bristol area.

That's just of the top of my head anyway, I'm sure someone who knows more will be able to help you better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Nice bit of rain falling high up in Stroud - my street's called Summer Street, the irony being it often snows up here and not elsewhere in town because of its position. Not too disappointed, looks pretty promising next week perhaps as early as Monday. Oh check out the YouTube clip of Ian Macaskill doing the feb 1991 forecast that was on the MOD earlier -sorry cant do the link but it's easily googled. Would like one those next week! Happy model-then-lamppost watching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Steady sleet falling here with the occasional blob currently.

temperature rising though so it wont be changing to snow lazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

If we do get the easterly thats forecast for next week then we may get what im getting here in germany as of today. Enjoy the pic as we may get some like this. 33cm so far here, location near chemnitz.

post-13809-0-20960900-1354825829_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hi Goto, I think it is more a case of IF those channel lows pay a visit! Still I live in hopes, unsure.png but as for tonight? This will be me lazy.gif

hello cold fingers wondered when wed see your smiley posts? Hope you are well. The thing is chaps I am due to travel to Brighton next week so you know what that means! Snow gridlocked south! ;) x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi Goto, I think it is more a case of IF those channel lows pay a visit! Still I live in hopes, unsure.png but as for tonight? This will be me lazy.gif

Of course coldfingers, but several runs in recent weeks have come up with exactly those types of scenario. Sadly, none have yet come to fruition but let's get the cold air entrenched befeore worrying about such things. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

We have the finest drizzle in swindon. It was showing up in my head torch just now walking muttley and muttley.

What no dastardly search.gif or is that just the current weather type? rofl.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

This post nicely sums up next week's action and possibly thereafter.

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2435384

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just got home from Banbury, and drove back over the Cotswold through Stow, no wintryness, just plain old rain...The windscreen splat test never lies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Wind is picking up here. Rain has stopped for now.

Posted

Rain turning increasingly to sleet.

Whats your Temp and Dewpoint Tom, as you are right on the back edge of the cold front from what I can see.

It will just be a case of what becomes of the showers further North and West as suggested previously.

The better risk being further towards EA according to the latest guidance, unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Torrential rain and very windy here in Sherborne at the moment..feeling quite chilly....wonder if it'll turn to now?!

Posted

Currently getting windy here and AT is 4.4c with 96% humidity and DP of 3.9c.