Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

I am laughing my head off after spending 5 minutes on the model thread. It's only weather people! biggrin.png

I am actually looking forward to some bright, dry and crisp winter days.

I have bought nothing winter/snow related, so I am not your jinx.

im wetting myself looking through the MOD, 18z people were happy ish, then the 00z comes out and the night shift really become down beat, negative.

this would make a great soap opera.

fromey

Posted

Afternoon all,

just caught the weather on News 24, and Darren bett last words were "next week more rain pushing in off of the Atlantic!!""bad.gif

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Afternoon all,

just caught the weather on News 24, and Darren bett last words were "next week more rain pushing in off of the Atlantic!!""bad.gif

fromey

Just checked out twitter also...

W COUNTRY No threat of snow other than v transient phase perhaps on highest ground into Mon AM. Broadly unsettled & rather cold thereafter..

Cold rain how lovely....bad.gif

Posted

Afternoon all,

fromey

As most (apart from MOD threaders) expected

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

As most (apart from MOD threaders) expected

Well Atlantic driven weather is the norm in this country in winter so if one expects that weather type they'll more often than not be correct!

Still we're in a much better position now than we were this time last year that's for sure, there's no raging PV in sight, except in the fi charts and they're chopping and changing with each run.

Posted

I hope Gibby is still posting his excellent twice daily updates despite the ridiculous goings on in the Model thread!

Sometimes I think it was easier before the internet when all we had to go on was the tv/radio forecasts and it was magical to hear the talk of it turning colder from the N/E (as it is right now) and then you started dreaming of the chance of snow rather than taking computer model charts as the be all and end all!

Something else is wrong, it hasn't rained for over 24 hours!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

He is I believe Andy, they're also available on his website.

I agree with you about the fun days of getting excited over forecasts from the TV or radio,although now we all have personal radar usage I spend a lot less time with my face pressed against a window in expectation than when I was younger.. but only just laugh.png

I check his site every day but know what the local weather is like.Just up the hill from GIBBY,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nippy here today, rather nice actually. it is now dry enough to get a quick cut of the lawn and remove the 12 million leaves that have taken up residence in every nook and cranny of my garden. :D

Posted

Just checked out twitter also...

W COUNTRY No threat of snow other than v transient phase perhaps on highest ground into Mon AM. Broadly unsettled & rather cold thereafter..

Cold rain how lovely....bad.gif

time to crack open another bottle of ciderdrinks.gif

i believe this is going to be a very slow process

fromey

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I got so excited when I popped out to the shops just now. Saw a few white specks floating in the air thought wow its snow!!

It wasn't it was a few doors away having a bonfire. Booooooooooooooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I don't now about cold weather coming, it feels like it's already here, blinking cold today and I saw a lad waiting at the bus stop wearing jeans and a vest top???? He must have been frozen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

It's 4c here and grey. Preparing for a long cold winter this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I don't now about cold weather coming, it feels like it's already here, blinking cold today and I saw a lad waiting at the bus stop wearing jeans and a vest top???? He must have been frozen.

You could just be getting old... blum.gif

However your right it is very chilly today but that has been made to feel colder because of the wind and it was mild before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

4.5c At Hillcrest.N.E is the breeze...Cold it is...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Think I'll give the MOD thread a miss tonight. It's a bit OTT in there for me.

If my memory serves me correctly, snow is more common (when it does happen) after Christmas rather than before. It's hard to believe its still only November with the happenings in the MOD thread.

Anyway, cold & frosty for the next few nights here by the looks of it before the Atlantic brings less cold air & rain to us all by the end of the weekend. Thereafter, its the Atlantic that's more favourable currently, with further rain which we could do without.

Maybe Santa is saving our snow for a white Christmas this year? :):p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

You could just be getting old... blum.gif

However your right it is very chilly today but that has been made to feel colder because of the wind and it was mild before.

You're a bit late...more like got.

Posted

Think I'll give the MOD thread a miss tonight. It's a bit OTT in there for me.

If my memory serves me correctly, snow is more common (when it does happen) after Christmas rather than before. It's hard to believe its still only November with the happenings in the MOD thread.

Anyway, cold & frosty for the next few nights here by the looks of it before the Atlantic brings less cold air & rain to us all by the end of the weekend. Thereafter, its the Atlantic that's more favourable currently, with further rain which we could do without.

Maybe Santa is saving our snow for a white Christmas this year? :):p

Didn't want to post in Mod Disc thread as would get told off and prob off topic anyway.

But what's happening to the HP to the north/north west that was basically going to be present for 1st 2 weeks of December? Looks on the models that the only one influencing our weather next week will be an Azores one!

Posted

This from Ian Fergusson;

W COUNTRY Next 10-15d mostly cold; maybe some v temporary milder phases; however no strong snow signal for our region to cause more bother!!

Looks like cold but not cold enough for the white stuff for the foreseeable!

Posted

This from Ian Fergusson;

W COUNTRY Next 10-15d mostly cold; maybe some v temporary milder phases; however no strong snow signal for our region to cause more bother!!

Looks like cold but not cold enough for the white stuff for the foreseeable!

This December coming has a 'typical' look about it to me, even though it aint here yet! LOL!

Cold and a bit snowy north, less cold dry south. A 'retro' December from the past - our turn will come late Dec/ early Jan.

Posted

Cold and a bit snowy north, less cold dry south.

I think cold & wet rather than cold & dry would be better mate. Nothing dry about the charts tonight after this weekend unfortunetly. Indeed, the ECM gives us another massive soaking in FI, and a blizzard for Scotland;

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=192&mode=1&map=0&type=0&archive=0

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=216&mode=1&map=0&archive=0

I think all we can hope for regarding the next couple of weeks is a flip back to cold & dry from the models, unfortunetly, I think that's unlikely currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well the trend still remains solid with the GFS 12z yet again. The story being, that all bar one day in the next 14, will be chilly and often borderline for wintry setups. Obviously, it's pointless looking into the specifics at this stage, but I don't see why there shouldn't be a surprise or two along the way. drinks.gif

I'll join you at the bar, with the cider drinking but I promise you, this post wasn't influenced by alcohol in any shape or form. blum.gif

Posted

Perhaps this could help explain the events of the last few days;

http://www.britishweatherservices.co.uk/more-patience-required/

Posted

Starting to get a little concerned as the amount rainfall that is expected Sun/Mon... 15 to 25mm seems to be modeled currently. Certainly not needed and one we need to watch very closely.

SM