IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

was hoping so but seems like its always two weeks away

Just gotta be patient

Exciting times ahead smile.png

Yes, FI keeps teasing us with very mouth watering synoptic of late... One day they will start to get closer, until it actually occurs and we are under -10c 850's with snow showers penetrating inland.. Anyway that for another day..

Our patience will be rewarded sooner or later! Keep the Faith :)

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=320&y=148&run=18&runpara=0&type=0&ext=1

click on 00 then 06 then 12 then 18

i think the 18z pub run is at it again

MT8_London_ens.png

fi on here from the 9th

note gfs main run still showing cold

until tomorrow lazy.gif

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=320&y=148&run=18&runpara=0&type=0&ext=1

click on 00 then 06 then 12 then 18

i think the 18z pub run is at it again

MT8_London_ens.png

fi on here from the 9th

note gfs main run still showing cold

until tomorrow lazy.gif

Yep the pub run really did go weird at a earlier stage. FI still close, though I expect 18z was one of the worse things that could happen, expect better ouput from here on in..

Current Temp here 1.3c. Another frost and that's now 6 in the last 7 nights, Brrrr!

Posted

Yep the pub run really did go weird at a earlier stage. FI still close, though I expect 18z was one of the worse things that could happen, expect better ouput from here on in..

Current Temp here 1.3c. Another frost and that's now 6 in the last 7 nights, Brrrr!

hi mark

i think we could see some very good charts on 12z tomorrow

18z way too atlantic based tonight

i called fi on the ensemble runs as well

they went mild

the main gfs went mad early but then showed a cold run

keeping ecm and gfs matching is good

long may that go on

Posted

hi mark

i think we could see some very good charts on 12z tomorrow

18z way too atlantic based tonight

i called fi on the ensemble runs as well

they went mild

the main gfs went mad early but then showed a cold run

keeping ecm and gfs matching is good

long may that go on

Yep, think you could be right!

I'm expecting a better UKMO showing up, not end of world if it shows similar to it last run(12z) just delays us going in the freezer as the GEM showed( in similar way to UKMO).

Posted

Snow chances for our region wed morn, John P made a good call about this for quite a while now.......nice 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. An early start today. :) just peered out of the window and the cars look a bit icy. And it's a tad chilly in my house so I'm sat by the radiator dithering like a Whippet. :o Brrrrrr!

Anyway, I had a snowflake land on my head in Ippy yesterday. Honest. I kid you not. But how could that be I hear you ask.

Guess. :D

Posted

You was in santa's grotto wasn't you

Posted

Aww, soz you can't make it lottie ....hopefully Coast will be arranging the next one for summer 2013 in sunny Brighton good.gif

I'm not sure about organising, but I'll forward suggestions and help where I can.

Morning SE and EA'ers!!

A day spent mostly on the gridlocked motorway system of our region yesterday in pouring rain, errrggghhh, horrible. Down to 3°C in isolated spots around Sussex this morning but no real signs of frost. Looks like it might be mainly dry for a few days at least, but Friday shaping up for more downpours:

78_4.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Could be some snowfall in SE tomorrow morning. GFS 00z paints a pretty picture 1st thing..

post-15543-0-88039900-1354608157_thumb.j

Then clinging on in the SE for midday...

post-15543-0-59705100-1354608194_thumb.j

Likely to change somewhat, but certainly one to keep an eye out on :-)

Edited by Mark Neal.

Guest archiesmummy

Morning all

Another frosty partly sunny morning, a wrap up for the school run sort of morning!

Better get going!

Have good day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

for my postcode apparently i have a 70% chance of snow tomorrow,fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Another frosty start here, it was actually quite slippery on the untreated roads and paths first thing excl.png

This is more like it though just how winter should be, fingers crossed for a few flakes falling out of the sky soon.... I'm looking forward to seeing snow reports and photos from some parts of this region wink.png

Have a lovely day everyone angel.gif

Posted

This is more like it though just how winter should be, fingers crossed for a few flakes falling out of the sky soon.... I'm looking forward to seeing snow reports and photos from some parts of this region wink.png

Could be as early as tomorrow. Lets hope so anyway! :-)

Posted

Could be some snowfall in SE tomorrow morning. GFS 00z paints a pretty picture 1st thing..

Could be a fairly transitory thing turning back to rain quite quickly. I'm also not sure at his point, how far into the SE it will get, maybe only London, EA and some Eastern Home Counties?

post-6667-0-81790900-1354609921_thumb.jp

30_20.gif

Gone by 12:

36_20.gif

Posted

Could be a fairly transitory thing turning back to rain quite quickly. I'm also not sure at his point, how far into the SE it will get, maybe only London, EA and some Eastern Home Counties?

post-6667-0-81790900-1354609921_thumb.jp

30_20.gif

Gone by 12:

36_20.gif

Quite right Coast. By the time in gets into the London Area it will be even more patchy and soon clearing, nothing special. But many would see there first snow falling of the Winter. I don't think it will turn back to rain, although instead be patchy and lack of real potency for us.

Posted

Quite right Coast. By the time in gets into the London Area it will be even more patchy and soon clearing, nothing special.

I'd be excited to get it!! :lol:

Posted

I'd be excited to get it!! :lol:

Tbf I would be clapping my hands and feeling rather smug that something is falling out of the sky other than rain! :p

Posted

Chance of snow tomorrow morning smile.png

GFS puts precipitation over the area between 6am-9am tomorrow morning, although it is likely to reach S London, N Downs, before that,

post-5986-0-71704100-1354611968_thumb.gi

Theta-W charts look good. You need about 3degC (or less) in December for the SE for precipitation to be highly likely to fall as snow,

post-5986-0-87988900-1354612080_thumb.gi

I think that the exact orientation of the isobars depends on whether or not places like W Sussex, and the S Coast will see any of the white stuff, but seems quite likely on the hills. Amounts? - maybe just a dusting.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted

03 December 2012

London is set for a mild start to the week as other parts of the country experience snowfall and freezing temperatures. The capital was enjoying a comparatively warm 9 degrees this morning - but temperatures are set to plummet tomorrow. Snow fell in the north of the UK overnight, with up to 10 cms settling across the high mountains.

Overnight Glasgow and Edinburgh in Scotland have seen up to 5cm fall, with up to 4cm settling in Teesside and County Durham in northern England. A covering of 10cms has decorated mountains in Cumbria, Northumbria and parts of Scotland. But areas further south, including Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, escaped the snowfall - greeted with rain fall and very cold temperatures instead. The showers hitting sub-zero road surfaces will have resulted icy conditions for drivers, a weather expert said.

But while eastern England shiver in temperatures dipping to -4C, and -7C in western Scotland, areas of Cornwall and west Wales enjoy far warmer highs of 11C. It comes just days after severe flooding hit Britain, from which many areas are still recovering.

Brendan Jones, a meteorologist at MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association said this morning: "Overnight we have had snow across north England and parts of Scotland, and it is still continuing. "In some areas further south the snow instead turned to rain, hitting very cold conditions causing some quite tricky conditions on the roads. "But a warmer air coming in from the west brought much milder temperatures in the west. "It will be quite changeable over the next few days, there could be some more showers and light snow, but the cold weather will stay. "There is a risk of snow throughout the winter but it is likely Scotland will see another fall on Thursday."

The Met Office has removed his severe weather warning as temperatures steadily rise and the risk of cold and ice reduces.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/london-gets-milder-start-to-week-as-rest-of-uk-freezes-8375106.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

The suns out,a bit blowy,going to hang my washing out,great day for that,but i will be popping in and out for a nose in here,ph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Model watching last night was another soap opera! Can't believe the last 2 weeks or so, been draining!

Posted

but i will be popping in and out for a nose in here,ph34r.png

Here, use this one if you like......

2845nose.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hi folkes,

Well was supposed to spend the morning doing mother and daughter highlights,but it seems they think it was next week!

so tap water for me satnea.gif

As i am £110 down now

Now what to do today?

I walked maisey to school this morning and for the first time the paths were white,and my nike snow boots have no grip what so ever.

Handy when u have a 5 stone greyhound on the lead!

Well spose abit of model watching in between a polish up in the house for me today?

Have a gooden,catch ya laters x