Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

simon "annoying voice" parkin just said on ITV weather - "maybe even a dusting over the downs by tomorrow morning"

Now that statement I can believe, perhaps at 95% or above accuracy too. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Here is my snow risk map.

post-15503-0-73525300-1354635984_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

5c here and light to mod rain showers.

Wondering if viewing the 12 z later is possible with my eyes closed??

according to steve m ,its a big one!

Has he seen into the future, mind you, if I dare to look, it is rolling now.

IMHO, it is the one run that you can trust, with still a high degree of uncertainty.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

GFS 12z goes for a touch of the white stuff in more Northern & Eastern parts of our region around rush hour tomorrow...

21-779.GIF?04-12

Posted

At t+78, the GFS 12z is indeed trending very nicely in the direction of entrenched cold and maybe some snowy outbreaks. drinks.gif

So far, so good. It is only one run but yetserday's was also a belter, if a wee bit dry, IIRC.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

That map is perfection, Perfect Storm. biggrin.png

I was wondering whether to go into further detail or not... tongue.png

Posted

ment to push south too so looks good

Not if you live in the north of the region ;):p

Posted

12z looks like a downgrade to me.

Precipitation is now due to hit a little later - so, somewhere between 9am and noon,

post-5986-0-36769800-1354638276_thumb.gi

At that time, dew points are "marginal" to "certainly not" at sea-level; get's better with height, of course,

post-5986-0-63922600-1354638329_thumb.gi

Theta-W's are OK - I guess - this is the highlight (and it's reasonably good news)

post-5986-0-29404600-1354638361_thumb.gi

But heights for Kent/E Sussex are right on the cusp of simply raining,

post-5986-0-03034200-1354638399_thumb.gi

If you pushed me, I'd say for North Kent, but mainly the Eastern part of North Kent.

Only one run, still got others to come ...

sad.png

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted

Met Office has now come into line with the NMM model and predicts light snow for my area tomorrow morning. That's NMM, GFS and the MO saying we're on for snow.

I'm starting to get my hopes up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm watching the updating GFS 12z run. You have to laugh really.rofl.gif No wonder people get over stressed! I'm just going to wait till next week to see what really happens! :)

Posted

ment to push south too so looks good

I'm confused, BBC latest TV forecast has changed again for later tonight into tomorrow morning.

They are forecasting snow for East Wales West Midlands pushing into Somerset and Dorset. Not just on graphics, Nick miller also spoke of it.

:-(

Edited by Dexter29

Posted

I was wondering whether to go into further detail or not... tongue.png

No you'll spoil it, besides, you can't improve on perfection. blum.gif

Edited by Chilly Milly

Posted

Met Office has now come into line with the NMM model and predicts light snow for my area tomorrow morning. That's NMM, GFS and the MO saying we're on for snow.

Met Office app on my 'phone goes for 40% chance of light sleet for 9am - I assume that's at sea-level for Rochester.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted

Met office calling light snow now for 6am for Peterborough. Think I might set the alarm earlier than normal ;)

Posted

I'm watching the updating GFS 12z run. You have to laugh really.rofl.gif No wonder people get over stressed! I'm just going to wait till next week to see what really happens! smile.png

It is a corker Steve, that's for sure. A whole lot of the best action in FI though. acute.gif

Posted

12z looks like a downgrade to me.

Precipitation is now due to hit a little later - so, somewhere between 9am and noon,

At that time, dew points are "marginal" to "certainly not" at sea-level; get's better with height, of course,

Theta-W's are OK - I guess - this is the highlight (and it's reasonably good news)

But heights for Kent/E Sussex are right on the cusp of simply raining,

If you pushed me, I'd say for North Kent, but mainly the Eastern part of North Kent.

Only one run, still got others to come ...

sad.png

Downgrade in the shorter-term maybe, but upgrade or even normal service resumed (as per yesterday's 12z) in the slightly longer-term.

Patience is needed but I am personally looking forward to the weekend firstly, rather than worrying about the odd flake here and there beforehand.

You're certainly in the right part of the country, if away from the immediate coast. good.gif

Posted

Here's my proper one.

Anywhere in central areas through to the East will have a good shot at lying snow due to lower 850's and low 2m temperatures bordering from -1/0C. There's a pocket of milder 850's between North Wales to Birmingham which needs to be looked at because it doesn't seem at the moment indicative of lying snow, perhaps wet snow/sleet. It all depends on whether the colder air can undercut faster, if it does then a nationwide snow event may be on the cards....depending on precipitation amounts of course.

post-15503-0-85569700-1354639475_thumb.j

Posted

Quick question ... perhaps more for the Model thread but they get stroppy in there if your not talking in what appears to be riddles ... what does FI mean? Seen it mentioned a lot. Im assuming something relating to fictional??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

It's Fantasy Island, Reevesie.

Posted

Quick question ... perhaps more for the Model thread but they get stroppy in there if your not talking in what appears to be riddles ... what does FI mean? Seen it mentioned a lot. Im assuming something relating to fictional??

Fantasy Island, it's to which a point where the models begin to fall out of the reliable timeframe.