Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

NMM calling for sleet

post-7073-0-27769900-1354644300_thumb.pn

Looks like a case of setting the alarm early and hoping for the best!

Man we are a desperate bunch hoping to get some of the white stuff ;-)

Funny if all the hype about mid december onwards actually comes true then we might be fed up of snow and cold by the end of winter lol

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

fi on the 10th

some excellent ensembles on there

very cold mean temp (white line)

my ramp chart tonight is the control run

gens-0-1-264.png?12

gens-0-0-288.png?12

gens-0-2-288.png?12

smile.png

Love it :-)

John if the ECM falls in line tonight can we say that an easterly of some sort is nailed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

NMM calling for sleet

post-7073-0-27769900-1354644300_thumb.pn

Looks like a case of setting the alarm early and hoping for the best!

Well im uo at 5am tom,so i might catch a flake,if im lucky

Mines gone 80% to 0%

Thats very drastic

Posted

My 70% chance of snow tomorrow has reduced to 53%. Odds still in favour then...just.

Temp here currently 2.8c, drastic drop in the last 3 hours. Don't know what the dew point is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Funny if all the hype about mid december onwards actually comes true then we might be fed up of snow and cold by the end of winter lol

Hell no, bring on the cold and snow!w00t.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I'd love to have enough snowfall to end up being fed up with it! 2010 was fantastic, I didn't get fed up though!

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

that lot coming out of wales could be interesting later if it holds together

also ecm has started by showing everything further west

which is good

link to see run unfold

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=72&mode=0&map=0&type=0&archive=0

i like this chart

ECM0-96.GIF?04-0

look at the patch of cold air just for the south east smile.png

Posted

We have been here a million times... I think the best thing to say about overnight and early tomorrow is to have very low expectations. If we do see some flakes, even mixed in with the rain, well then that is a bonus in my eyes. Fingers crossed as always -but always the bridesmade im afraid !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

We have been here a million times... I think the best thing to say about overnight and early tomorrow is to have very low expectations. If we do see some flakes, even mixed in with the rain, well then that is a bonus in my eyes. Fingers crossed as always -but always the bridesmade im afraid !

I have to agree with this.

Many a night have I spent awake watching the radar in these situations and its turned out to be rain, of course, many a night I've gone to bed and its turned out to be snow, you never can tell.

The NMM shows sleet for us, if that was showing snow then I'd be more excited, but then again, it doesn't show the rain into Wales to be quite as widespread as the radar shows at the moment

ECM0-192.GIF?04-0

very nice

Posted

Danish met have warning out tomorrow for thunder snow and 20-30cm of snow in few hours tomorrow!

http://vejret.tv2.dk/video/61094758/

http://vejret.tv2.dk/artikel/id-61072708:intenst-sneuvejr-kan-måske-ramme-danmark-onsdag.html

We can but hope we get some of that over next few weeks.... Considering denmark is not that far away from the uk!

My brother already as 15cm of snow in birkerod with another 5cm in next 12 hours..... Im off there on the 22nd december hoping snow will still be falling there then. Off to somerset on 12th til 17th which lookslike snowing here. Then back to kent on 17th until 21st so as was 12z gfs today and yesterday i could miss out on possible sw incursion? ... Hope i dont miss out all three possible snow events! Knowing my luck i will! Or stuck travelling!

Edited by willinkent44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

If that lot in Wales holds together then we could be having a little bit more than 1cm in places IF the dew points and temp can drop a bit more!

The precip over north wales and north west england looks like convection so will not get very far inland.

The front we are looking at is just dropping out of scotland 7:15 pm.

Posted

Pretty sure by now its a non-event.

Wales thread reporting hardly anything, don't see any evolution on the front from scotland.

All mainstream media reporting rain or nothing at all.

If even the (IMHO) "rampy" NW charts predict sleet, its time to call it. Looks cool, rather than cold for the foreseeable according to the Beeb and MET O.

There's a wry smile on the energy companies' faces, not really on anybody elses though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'd love to have enough snowfall to end up being fed up with it! 2010 was fantastic, I didn't get fed up though!

My thoughts exactly the snowfall at the beginning and the end of the year was fabulous. I didn't get bored of it either!

Now if only the snow gods could arrange for it to snow in xmas week, which I have off and have stupid amounts of snow, I shall be a very happy lady.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes of any sort

Right first post of the season. Currently 1.8 C here, dew point dew point 2C. Could be colder. Desperate to see some of the white stuff.

Posted

Met Office upgraded the forecast for my location tomorrow morning from 6 hours of light rain to:

06:00- Sleet

09:00- Sleet Shower

Think I'm just clutching at straws fool.gif

Quick question, is the precipitation over Wales, the precipitation that we are expecting tomorrow morning, whether it be rain, sleet or snow, or is it something else?

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Met Office upgraded the forecast for my location tomorrow morning from 6 hours of light rain to:

06:00- Sleet

09:00- Sleet Shower

Think I'm just clutching at straws fool.gif

Quick question, is the precipitation over Wales, the precipitation that we are expecting tomorrow morning, whether it be rain, sleet or snow, or is it something else?

No the ppn over Wales is from convection off the Irish Sea and won't track to far inland.

It's the narrow light ppn that's just passed through Edinburgh what will be over us early tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

- 2.1 here in Rickmansworth Herts. Serious Radar watching tonightgood.gif