South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

like any ITV weather presenter, he was very vague

Would add Chilterns to that list!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

simon "annoying voice" parkin just said on ITV weather - "maybe even a dusting over the downs by tomorrow morning"

Haha! Glad I'm not the only one who finds his voice annoying, he sounds like Mr Brittas from the The Brittas Empire! BBC Forecast said nothing but rain with a chance of sleet across the hills!

Posted

Could be Epsom Downs or even the Gog Magog Downs!!

Posted

Oh these Upsand Downs. Very gloomy here atm, the breeze seems to have picked up a bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A mild 7.9C here, really not sure how accurate that is, should be according to forecasts 4C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Never mind. It could've been Sian Lloyd!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

A mild 7.9C here, really not sure how accurate that is, should be according to forecasts 4C...

5c here and light to mod rain showers.

Wondering if viewing the 12 z later is possible with my eyes closed??

according to steve m ,its a big one!

Posted

I'm showing 6.9c here at the moment if that helps.

It feels a lot colder though. Also showing 70% chance of snow here tomorrow. Woohoo!

And now back to work. I seem to only have time to read these days now husband has started his own business. How I managed to get roped in as secretary I don't know.

Posted

Right! Rather stupidly I'm going to stick my neck out here and based on a few sources I have seen today, here is a guess-map of areas likely to see a dusting and another, darker area that may see a bit more:

post-6667-0-02992600-1354633006_thumb.jp

Please don't use this for telling anyone else, saving life, limbs or property or for judging how long you have to get back from/to the pub. Timescale is any time from the early hours up until midday tomorrow and I wouldn't expect much more than 1maybe 2cm before it's gone again tomorrow afternoon?

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN! doh.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Right! Rather stupidly I'm going to stick my neck out here and based on a few sources I have seen today, here is a guess-map of areas likely to see a dusting and another, darker area that may see a bit more:

Please don't use this for telling anyone else, saving life, limbs or property or for judging how long you have to get back/to the pub. Timescale is any time from the early hours up until midday tomorrow and I wouldn't expect much more than 1maybe 2cm before it's gone again tomorrow afternoon?

Thanks Coast, I can now call up my Uncle to cancel his wedding due to it potentially being treacherous, thanks for your analysis good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Please don't use this for telling anyone else, saving life, limbs or property or for judging how long you have to get back from/to the pub. Timescale is any time from the early hours up until midday tomorrow and I wouldn't expect much more than 1maybe 2cm before it's gone again tomorrow afternoon?

Haha. I'm in the darker zone. Looks a fair reflection coast on what I have seen too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Haha. I'm in the darker zone. Looks a fair reflection coast on what I have seen too.

You would say that, you're in the darker zone! And there's me, in the stupid light zoneblum.gif

Posted

Just seen the 14.55 BBC forecast and as normal, they werent very excited about the chances of snow, south of the Midlands for early tomorrow, but they did say a chance of alittle snow mixed in. The front approaching from the north west on Thursday, according to he BBC will only produce rain from the midlands southwards, so not alot to get excited about just yet. Lets hope they upgrade their forecasts later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Could you plz move it over to the right plz near Harlow

Posted

Could you plz move it over to the right plz near Harlow

As I've said before, unfortunately I don't have that much influence - I'm only a moderator and barely that at times!! :lol:

South braced for first snow of winter on Wednesday

The south of England is expected to see the first snow of winter today as the north of the country and Scotland were braced for up to four inches to fall and temperatures to plummet.

Motorists were warned of hazardous driving conditions for the next few days as temperatures were forecast to drop as low as 17F (-8C) tonight, leaving ice and frost on roads across Britain. The Met Office issued yellow weather warnings for large stretches of Britain, stretching almost as far south as London, saying ice could cause travel disruption.

The first flurries of snow of the season in southern England will fall later today, with the east coast of England covered in a light dusting as far south as East Anglia, according to Met Office forecasts. Snow could also fall on high areas of ground in south west England, but will be heavier in the north and across Scotland.

Any ice will be worsened by freezing conditions overnight, when temperatures are expected to fall to around 25F (-4C) in towns and cities and as low as 17F (-8C) in the countryside. The cold snap will continue tomorrow, with up to four inches of snow expected to fall on higher ground north of the Pennines, while rain and wind will affect the south.

North-westerly winds of around 20mph will continue to depress temperatures in the south on Friday. A Met Office spokesman said the weekend would be “generally dry, cold and frosty†while “milder interludes†were expected next week. He added: “Be aware that there could be some icy stretches around and therefore take care on journeys and give yourself extra time as we head through the next couple of days and nights.â€

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/9721509/South-braced-for-first-snow-of-winter-on-Wednesday.html

Posted

*Tries to push Stevenage a little further westwards*

thank you for doing this, I should be happy with light green but I expect that if you predicted a 1981 scenario right over my house I'd be complaining because just further west they've got a 1963. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

You would say that, you're in the darker zone! And there's me, in the stupid light zoneblum.gif

IM in the light zone too,lets all have a party in the light zone lol,there will be thousands of us drinks.giffriends.gifyahoo.gifgathering.gifcrazy.gifdrunk.gifdrunk.gifdrunk.gif

Posted

IM in the light zone too,lets all have a party in the light zone lol,there will be thousands of us

*Oh god, what have I done now?" c046.gif

Posted

IM in the light zone too,lets all have a party in the light zone lol,there will be thousands of us drinks.giffriends.gifyahoo.gifgathering.gifcrazy.gifdrunk.gifdrunk.gifdrunk.gif

Yay, what time does it start? The party and the snow. drinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

. Interesting, think my house is within your green circle by about half a mile, so I will take it as a definite that I will see snow tomorrow ;).

Looking forward to potentially seeing some wintry precipitation tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I hate to be a party popper pooper but I think the dark zone needs to move over slightly......to the SW blum.gif

Of course I'd be happier if it's right as it is.....but more likely imo the line between the light and dark will be south of MK

angel.gif