Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Snowing in Bacup and settling where there is snow left from earlier, it is struggling to settle on the slush which is also on all the hard surfaces, if this freezes it will be horrendous. It doesn't make sense it is snowing at dripping at the same time!!

It now appears to be causing major problems on the roads in East Lancashire including the A56 Haslingden and Accrington Bypass which is closed along with the Haslingden to Blackburn Grane Road and A671 Bacup To Burnley.

This is news from about 60 minutes ago so things may have changed but it is certainly getting tricky tonight and if it freezes will be worse than ever in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Obviously best case scenario is a flat flow with tight pressure gradient but if we do have a slack flow we are looking for curves / kinks in the isobars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Its been sleet, then rain, then sleet again here. the weather just dont know what to do with us lol biggrin.png

Posted

i have snow again light snow and as im writjng this its probably turned back to rain

Posted

Snow here now but i have given up on anything decent long ago so im not popping the corks at a few wet flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

why ??

No matter how many times the experienced posters advise them on how to read,follow the models the same people whip up a hysteria based on nonsense.

I am finding it tiresome now.

Edited by Snow Guy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

i have snow again light snow and as im writjng this its probably turned back to rain

Ours is little more than sleet, or at best wet snow but it's coming down thick and fast.

Posted

www.littleboroughlocal.co.uk

We're hearing reports that Blackstone Edge Rd in Littleborough is closed due to snow. Many cars off the road!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

haha ECM looses the plot at 192hr... there's going to be a lot of wrist slashing in the model thread lol.

Back on track by 216 though

C.S

Posted

No matter how many times the experienced posters advise them on how to read,follow the models the same people whip up a hysteria based on nonsense.

I am finding it tiresome now.

im not brainy enough for that thread thats why i stay in here no offence its just can ask silly questions and get replys as sometimes when i ask questions i sound dumb or they dont answer me, well i get the basics but thats all i like it in here you can have a laugh Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Non stop heavy rain here, the street is almost flooded again as its pouring out of the park!!

Posted

I do agree that some of the posts are not of a great standard in the MOD but some people in there are so easy to wind up and a few posters seem very agressive, i doubt that same agression would be shown if people were saying that they could see some positives in FI if the Atlantic was in full steam, i also do not like the saying that 'FI begins at 72' and the like, anything certainlly within 144 and probably high res does have a chance of verifying, Yes 384 more or less can be dismissed if its a one off, but 144 from a top 3 NWP global model, you cannot completely write off, 'Fantasy Island' to me means the equivalent of England tonking spain 10-0 in a world cup final, or me winning the lottery.

Posted

im not brainy enough for that thread thats why i stay in here no offence its just can ask silly questions and get replys as sometimes when i ask questions i sound dumb or they dont answer me, well i get the basics but thats all i like it in here you can have a laugh

I only have a basic knowledge but if you keep a sensible perspective and learn who to pay attention too then you can pick important things up......it's just difficult to wade through the crap in there at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Thunder, Heatwaves.

Thanks Mods for the NW thread. Sorry it's late but just got back from the NE. Heavy rain in Kendal and 5c temp.

Posted

I only have a basic knowledge but if you keep a sensible perspective and learn who to pay attention too then you can pick important things up......it's just difficult to wade through the crap in there at the moment.

Agreed.

It's always amazed me how two people can look at the same chart and see completely different outcomes from it and yet both consider themselves experienced in reading them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its only weather!! Ive always been interested in the weather, not from the model point of view but from what falls out of the sky! Or maybe not fall out of the sky!!! Lol....but yeah does my head in people being so agressive, you certainly change your persepctive if you lived your life feared to death when your 5yr old son is going to have anither prolonged life threatening seizure, one minute your doing normal things, the next your giving emergancy medicine to your own child and then your in the back of an ambulance !! So yeah, does my head in, and theres people worse off than we are..... I love snow!! I always have but im scared stiff we get a repeat of 2010 incase an ambulance cant get to us or we cant get to hospital.....

Edited by SparkleS

Agreed.

It's always amazed me how two people can look at the same chart and see completely different outcomes from it and yet both consider themselves experienced in reading them.

Unfortunately most people posting on there, including 'experts' see what they want/don't want. At the moment it is chase the snow thread, not model discussion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

It is actually quiet for once here. It is still freezing rain here in Leyland but tommorow night or some of us tonight going to be icy and I dont think it will get back edge snow though it is too mild for it. a Barmy 5C here.dirol.gif I doubt it will thunder either too. It is too cold for it.

Looking on a bright side Im going to Scandinavia next week. Hopefully snow hunting over there.blum.gif Screw you british rain!!

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looks like there's been quite a bit of snow here.....

http://winkingman.co...d=93&Itemid=101

Guess that's what you get for 450m worth of altitude!

Edited by CreweCold