Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Northern Lincs Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted

Not overly keen on that statement about showers falling as rain near coasts in northern england on Tuesday, I wonder if we are classed as northern england or eastern england?

No doubt it will change again by tuesday anyway, so i wouldn't take that much notice of it really.

Posted

still convinced it will be a non event here, just seen bbc news weather forecast and there was certainly not much snow showing, i feel this could be a so close but yet so far event.

Posted

still convinced it will be a non event here, just seen bbc news weather forecast and there was certainly not much snow showing, i feel this could be a so close but yet so far event.

Yes, but how often are the forecasts correct sparkywhistling.gif stick to the radar and keeps an eye on your temps and dew points when the PPN arrives later.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

Looks like an upgrade from the GFS for tonight and Mondays event.

Just got up as a result of lamp post watching til 4.30am, still a covering over here on the fields, and looking at the radar its not looking that far away to the NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Just out of interest when should our current temperatures start to decline?

When the sun goes to sleep :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Temperature is falling here now and so is the dew point - clouding over too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms

getting quite confuzzled now, some saying going to be good for us, others saying the opposite, hmmm not know until it happens , sick of looking out the window already today lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Still a lot of post appearing on my fb wall stating this snow event may not come off although the storm chaser page on fb is now putting north lincs in the firing line!!

One good thing is the ground seems to be drying out.

One eye on SUPER Sunday and the other outside

Posted

well i have to come off here in a min so the mr can watch the sodding match :( but i hope we get something so the kids will be happy (me really) lol :)

Posted

I know this is for Church Fenton, North Yorkshire (just due East of Leeds) but it is quite representative of Yorkshire in general;

http://wxweb.meteost...shtml?text=EGXG

And even this 'milder' 6z GFS run shows 850's and thicknesses that are supportive of snow up until Thursday for our region, so even if it does turn milder after this, we still have a four day cold / snowy spell to look forward to this week. Bring it on!

Looks good. Currently very sunny but temperature starting to drop away already. Dew points are fine also - I always check XC weather for that. I'm very hopeful I have to say that the majority of Yorkshire is in the sweet spot for both these bands. The first I suspect may stall a tad and allow the 2nd to catch up. The gap between the 2 has been shortening progressively on the models. 10cm would be just fine come Monday teatime.

Posted

Looks good. Currently very sunny but temperature starting to drop away already. Dew points are fine also - I always check XC weather for that. I'm very hopeful I have to say that the majority of Yorkshire is in the sweet spot for both these bands. The first I suspect may stall a tad and allow the 2nd to catch up. The gap between the 2 has been shortening progressively on the models. 10cm would be just fine come Monday teatime.

Ours continues to rise!!! Getting quite concerned now. Dews are pushing 3 degrees according to local weather station (it is is the town centre though)

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Dew point in scunny is at 1degree according to wundermap

Bbc and met still sticking with the same pattern for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Most recent BBC forecast doesn't make much of the first band of snow, second one looks heavier and is shown as snow as it crosses the Pennines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Just put the overlay on the nw radar and we are somewhere between -1/-2 dp and well within the -8 hpa temps !!

Posted

Just put the overlay on the nw radar and we are somewhere between -1/-2 dp and well within the -8 hpa temps !!

hows south Yorkshire temps and that doing, I only got car thermometer and that's no good lol

Posted

hows south Yorkshire temps and that doing, I only got car thermometer and that's no good lol

This website is very useful and should help you with your local temperatures etc.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Posted

This website is very useful and should help you with your local temperatures etc.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

south yorkshire is covered by the -8 hpa uppers dp 0c and 2mt temps of 3/4c but i would guess 2 bein nearer the mark.

Posted

south yorkshire is covered by the -8 hpa uppers dp 0c and 2mt temps of 3/4c but i would guess 2 bein nearer the mark.

Sorry to be a pain lol, what are the conditions like around here regarding hpa uppers etc. Thanks

Posted

thanks for that :)

Posted

I know someone with a light aircraft at work. Hes been up to the 880 hpa level and he says his dash was showing minus 9.8 c

Remember this was 880 hpa temp so 850 hpa will be a touch colder again.

Posted

Yes we are well within the -8hpa boundery which is some where 20mile the outher side of bradford the -10 is only about 60/70 off the coast !!! all looking very good but

i have noticed this first band is afew hours earlier than was predicted goin by the radar but its so slow moving like wtching paint dry lol,,,at this rate the second one will catch

it up pretty quick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

I'm keeping my eye on the raintoday radar and precipitation seems to be fizzling out just the other side of the Pennines. :-(