Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Northern Lincs Regional Thread

shuggee

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

Looking at the MetO 5day locals and they have light snow forecast for weds day/night and thurs day. Plenty of time for it to change and more than likely will but good to see anyway.

Posted

Does anyone know why the dew temps and humidity are higher around these pasrts than any other part of the region. Other areas near the coast have much lower humidity/dews than here. Thanks GSL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

I'm keeping my eye on the raintoday radar and precipitation seems to be fizzling out just the other side of the Pennines. :-(

Been following its progress since midday, and is clearly being killed off by the hills. Early doors yet though, although the front has certainly got a move on !!

Posted

The front seems to be weakening quite quickly, Game Over for Yorks & Lincs i think!

Still all to play for

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Is that area of precipitation not the first weaker one that was hit or miss anyhow or is that the front that is to get us Monday?

Edited by Lincstim

Posted

Is that area of precipitation not the first weaker one that was hit or miss anyhow or is that the front that is to get us Monday?

I think thats the weaker one mate, I do hope so anyway. I just wish our temperatures will lower before the front hits.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

Snow was never meant to get here till till after dark. Which is exactly what this region needs, so as to allow the temps to drop from roughly 2.5 - 3.5'c at the moment dependant on location. Just hoping there is enough left on the front to better the icing sugar dusting we got in south east sheffield last night.. Fingers are crossed !

Posted

There should be a much more active front crossing the country tomorrow mate.Thats what the GFS shows anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Interesting finger of snow showers coming off the north sea and heading southwest should be passing right over you grimsby snow lover any time soon..

Edited by syncmaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

As far as I can tell the initial lighter front is not due into our region for another few hours so people need to stop stressing! According to the latest NAE data it is only going to be light anyway. The more interesting period comes tomorrow between about 12 noon and 6pm when more heavy snow will cross the region. Latest models suggest this will be heaviest across E Yorks and Lincolnshire and the NAE has been consistent about this in both the 6z and now 12z. Relax and enjoy everyone!

Posted

Interesting finger of snow showers coming off the north sea and heading southwest should be passing right over you grimsby snow lover any time soon..

Ive spotted that mate, just slightly concerned by conditions here as temp is around 2-3 degress with a dew of 2.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

What is going on off the Yorkshire Coast? That showery precipitation that has been there all day has now become more organised and more intense and showing on NW radar as snow, yet it is just sitting there, intensifying all the time. It does seem to be extending northwards and SW wards and may now just be clipping Grimsby. Is this anaprop? It sure doesn't look like it.

I would love to post an image but I don't seem to be able to paste images or upload them anymore, sadly sorry.gif

Posted

As far as I can tell the initial lighter front is not due into our region for another few hours so people need to stop stressing! According to the latest NAE data it is only going to be light anyway. The more interesting period comes tomorrow between about 12 noon and 6pm when more heavy snow will cross the region. Latest models suggest this will be heaviest across E Yorks and Lincolnshire and the NAE has been consistent about this in both the 6z and now 12z. Relax and enjoy everyone!

Exactly - if we get much pre 7/8pm it is a pure bonus. It is snowing near the coast in the NW of England so things are looking good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

wouldnt this front `pep` up a little as it crosses the pennines into the colder air ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

2qimfrr.jpg

Not sure if that helps with seeing the activity over the North Sea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

There u go..

Since i posted this the showers once they hit land starting to disperse must be those slightly higher temps on coast !!

post-16159-0-21674600-1358090112_thumb.j

Edited by syncmaster

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

Can anyone advise, the bit in green in the middle of yorkshire is the 0 dew point i think, this is the current live radar on netweather extra with dewpoint overlay, does the green bit mean the snow will fall as sleet as it is not cold enough?

post-11617-0-72935800-1358091102_thumb.p

Posted

The main band appears to be developing over the Irish Sea, and it's more in line with the forecasts in terms of timing. Let's hope it makes a better attempt at crossing the Pennines than the other one that failed miserably.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Its been snowing here now for about past 30 minutes, so its not far away for you Bradford / Leeds lot, its just slow moving.

Its that intense but already a covering on the fields.