Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Light snow now falling here in Daventry :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

Great to see you back skyraker! hopefully snow for wildwood as well as elsewhere!

Hi Mate,

I've moved from Wildwood as far as... Radford Bank, so lost about 35m of altitude.

Forget the ECM for the short term stuff, now it's down to NAE, FAX and lamppost watching.

Surely the snow shield can't win out again here.

Posted

Any pictures of your snow peeps? I know its not much but im here in Falmouth and its 7c!!! I want snow! laugh.png

Can't I'm afraid...it's all melted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Typical..rofl.gif across the M1 and it's dry

It's not been snowing for long so maybe there's hope yet that it will reach you blum.gif

The snow's nothing to write home about really, it's barely more than a flurry, but it's nice to see things looking more seasonal after the mild muck we've had for most of the winter so far!

Posted

The forecast has been spot on for the midlands today. Quite clearly it stated wintry mix in the areas that are experiencing some slight snowfall and sleet. Also, said it would struggled to settle which is was has happened as well.

Sunday night looks good for many areas as does monday.. Slight doubt for the western side of the region. It could work out very similar to what happened in February.

The east midlands look well placed at the moment and I would be shocked if Nottingham, derby and Leicester did not have a couple of inches on the ground by the end of Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tenerife weather

No snow here in Stoke and hope it stays that way, vile stuff and far too cold as well, bring back the Azores high.

Posted

Any pictures of your snow peeps? I know its not much but im here in Falmouth and its 7c!!! I want snow! laugh.png

the day it snows in falmouth is the day we know that thermohaline circulation has been majorly affected by AGW!

just about to set off from Didcot to Villa Park, here's hoping for a snow free afternoon

heres hoping for a saints win also!

Posted

The east midlands look well placed at the moment and I would be shocked if Nottingham, derby and Leicester

You've forgot to add Northampton.laugh.png

saying that, we are at the very southern tip of the East Mids, we could be classed as East Anglia, Warwickshire is just up the road and Buckinghamshire is just down the road.fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Latest NAE charts for the overnight Sunday into Monday event make good reading for much of the midlands. Second snow band is outside the NAE window, but stays as snow on the GFS, especially in the east, so favoured areas over high ground in parts of the East Midlands could have some decent accumulations by Tuesday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Im afraid forecasting snow goes right to the wire in this country. Generally always a marginal event but we all know from marginal events in the past ,some big snowfalls can surprise us. rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif 3.6c/38f and cloudy with a brisk east/northeasterly wind making it feelcold.gif I can see the problem with nobodys location been shown....perhaps someone could fix the problem, Evesham Worcestershire my location.

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

Wow, really big flakes coming down all of a sudden. YAY!

Just a reminder that you can put your location as your signature, which helps everyone keep track of where people are reporting snow (or lack of) from smile.png

Good thinking Batman!

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

Brightening up a bit and no trace of any of the snow that settled this morning.

The wind has really picked up again though. Looks like there's still specks of light flurries around.

Posted

Met Office forecast changed slightly again to keep us on our toes! Little bit of sleet added for Monday now.

My goodness...so much to look forward to but so much to keep us on the edge!

Great stuff though...thinking back to where we were on say...21st December (you could pick any date in xmas week or new year week!)...so pleased that we're in this position!

Quick question for those who know...the easterly wind is really picking up out there now. If showers do start affecting the east coast this weekend...is the strengthing wind going to help blow them over here or will the winds be lighter again as the low moves on leaving just the eastern coasts with the chance?

Edited by Gord

Posted

Met Office forecast changed slightly again to keep us on our toes! Little bit of sleet added for Monday now.

Gord, where is it showing sleet for? meto app just updated on my phone and going for Heavy snow from 3pm -9pm then back to light.

Posted

Snowing just south of Ludlow, and cars in supermarket car park had 1cm snow — possibly people living on Clee Hill, which is about 300m asl.

Posted

Well this mornings snow fizzled out just as it was starting to settle in the end, the Wrekin has a good covering though.

Just crossing fingers for mondays front to end up a bit further west now.