Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland regional discussion 21/12/12 and beyond

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Don't come back till you've wrapped that one up with a 147 in the last, a session to spare and a promise from Michele Tabb.

I got wrapped, played alright but opponent played better. Too much Whiskey involved. I love Michaela Tabb

watching the Nolan show now, all I can say is good job I have a job in the morning, not like the cohort on that show. I think it would be cheaper to send everyone on a foreign holiday, and I don't mean Benidorm. People need to open their horizons, I have more English friends and connections as do most Dubliners than Belfast people, what's all this Protestantism Catholicism about the world will never know. What a dreary place.

It's indeed a subject for the minority of people, but lets leave it at that and us majority folk get on with forecasting this nonsense lol. After all, our weather is the same. blum.gif

Posted

I got wrapped, played alright but opponent played better. Too much Whiskey involved. I love Michaela Tabb

It's indeed a subject for the minority of people, but lets leave it at that and us majority folk get on with forecasting this nonsense lol. After all, our weather is the same. blum.gif

of course, and I'll tell Michaela your all right in the morning over breakfast, which by the way she is making.air_kiss.gif

I think Met Eireann are right to hold off on mentioning snow until they are sure. I often find that while they will mention a 'risk of snow' on their website, they do not mention the word 'snow' on TV unless they expect something significant. A presenter just needs to mention that there is 'a chance of rain turning to wet snow for 3 minutes' on TV and before you know it, the public many of whom only half listens to the forecast and do not understand much of the graphics anyway, hears the mention of 'snow' and start exclaiming to all that will listen that 'they are giving snow tomorrow'. When the inevitable rain falls from the sky the next day, Met Eireann are bashed as not having a clue.

As for the weather itself, I feel we are unluckily once again just on the westward edge for Fridays event although some models are correcting the snow line further westwards this evening so it would not take much to produce some snow for eastern parts of Ireland later Friday and possibly in to Saturday - we need to see the block being a little stronger again on tomorrow mornings models with the fronts a little further west - if this happens some eastern areas could see some of the while stuff. If not there are further possibilities for Sunday and beyond if ECM for example is on the money, however again the details will change before then maybe for the worse but hopefully this time for the better

After last winters let down - we here on this Isle deserve a good dumping..............here's hoping we all get what we want over the next few weeks

EWS

succinctly put Edited by Downburst

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Evelyn Cusack had her snow hat on the 11.55 weather forecast. Risk of rain on Friday turning to snow in the north and north east leinster

Turning very cold over the weekend and very cold for next week with winds turning easterly

Posted

Good morning and what a lovely morning it is. Im up early to get in the front of the queue at B&Q for a snow shovel.

Looking forward to a major backtrack from The Met Office this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

my patience has paid off. complete turnaround this morning on meteireann. they were right in being cautious .looks like a protracted cold spell with snow likely in the north and east.

Posted

Nothing hints at much snow to low levels tomorrow, except maybe for eastern Ulster. Certainly some snow on hills and mountains, but with a southerly flow between now and then we would really be needing colder uppers than are being fairly unanimously progged at this stage. I would estimate snow to sea level east of a line from say Derry to Dundalk, and above 100 -150m south of it.

Any shift westward would help but there is good consensus now that this is unlikely.

Saturday's looking a lot more promising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE

Nothing hints at much snow to low levels tomorrow, except maybe for eastern Ulster. Certainly some snow on hills and mountains, but with a southerly flow between now and then we would really be needing colder uppers than are being fairly unanimously progged at this stage. I would estimate snow to sea level east of a line from say Derry to Dundalk, and above 100 -150m south of it.

Any shift westward would help but there is good consensus now that this is unlikely.

Saturday's looking a lot more promising.

Its 50miles futher west overnight!it will shift a little more west in the next run?

Posted

Lol Pom that was feeble! I'm a happy man this morning. Love Matt Hugos post saying that NI will get the bulk of the snow tomorrow! Hopefully the Met update their warnings soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Snow yayyy, sore head noooo.

Mite get a day off tomorrow then.

Posted

cant believe it! bbc weather now saying possible heavy snow for n. ireland! im not gonna open the champagne just yet but i might get a few glassed ready!

Posted

No update of warnings on the meto website yet but I expect them to issue one later this morning!! If this comes off well we can expect snow on the ground for the next week as its looking pretty chilly!!

Posted

another westward shift on the runs today and we'll be in business :). there was a good post from someone on the mod thread yesterday morning telling people in central and eastern england not to be getting excited yet because he reckoned the front would keep shifting westwards. he said everyone was underestimating the block. he could be proved right. north and eastern Ireland could now get the best snow after all.

Posted

I cant fully understand how as much snow as is being mentioned will settle on the eastern half of NI on Friday with tempertures of 4 to 6 degrees.

Would any of the more experienced members give a view on this?