Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland regional discussion 21/12/12 and beyond

The watcher

Posted

No. ECM sticks as does UKMO. ECM lowers expectations regarding cold uppers, but the pattern remains.

GFS bullish as per its last 4 runs. I honestly expected a sysmic shift from one of them this morning, but alas!

Tonight we'll have clarity???

Posted

Hopefully we do Rochey. I doubt it will be as cold as models were suggesting but who knows it could all swing around again. Something would need to happen soon as we are fast running out of time!

Posted

Sorry guys but until I see the snow on the ground, I won't believe it's actually gonna happen. We've been promised snow too many times since the start of winter and seen nothing materialise! Pessimistic as I am, I think it's going to be a snowless winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

My head is fried with all this uncertainty, I even dropped and smashed my coffee jar this morning. Have I woke up and smelt the coffee? Not yet.

Posted

That GFS has been a complete A..Hole this week! It's about time that it starting owning into line with the rest of the models! Things still looking messy but heading in the right direction! Will we see more upgrades? We shall see!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

GFS/UKMO somewhat better for Great Britain but poor for here dragging in south-westerlies as per Feb 2012. I really hope the ECM will deliver the goods later because I think we're seeing another one of the infamous winter disappointments. If it doesn't we may have to look to February for something substantial.

Posted

GFS/UKMO somewhat better for Great Britain but poor for here dragging in south-westerlies as per Feb 2012. I really hope the ECM will deliver the goods later because I think we're seeing another one of the infamous winter disappointments. If it doesn't we may have to look to February for something substantial.

I have to agree, GFS isn't pretty for here. -5c line barely scratches the East coast of Ireland then off it goes back East. All the talk in the MOD thread of snow here and there is all mainland UK, and mainly the Eastern side. That's why most are still fine with the output and saying upgrade. We are in the same boat unless the High doesn't topple and joins with GL.

Posted

Well the GFS and UKMET are poor this side of the Irish Sea for snow. The ECM on the other hand is a peach.

The Irish Met have a tough call on which to follow.

Posted

wow what an ECM. If this came off the East Coast would have lots of snow to look forward too, in a reasonable time frame too. I think the GFS will trend towards the ECM on the pub run later and game on :). I'm sticking with the ECM. I'd say Met Eireann will keep their mouths shut until tomorrow evening when we'll have a great idea what's gonna unfold. Exciting model viewing.

Posted

ECM much better for Ireland, we may all see something from that. Also liking the goings on to our NNW on Eastern and Central Greenland. Arctic high helping raise heights here and this could be something to look into longer term.

Posted

I think your right Pomeroy and also we should know in the next 24hrs if we will see snow Sunday morning! Exciting times ahead!

It is indeed, pondering whether to stay up for the 00Z ECM now....did last night...sort of. I'll make my mind up after GFS 18Z.

Posted

I don't because I didn't wake til 2pm this afternoon and haven't done any house work. Plus, the whiskey puts me to sleep.lazy.gif