Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 3rd January 2013>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I think I have seen enough in the model thread to suggest there will not be the cold spell we all long for.

My mind is firmly thinking of Spring now and a little warmth (hopefully)

Good luck with that one then. blum.gif

Another day tomorrow and another step closer to at least something more seasonal. drinks.gif

That is all I'm expecting for now, we live in the UK surrounded by warm seas and should your or anybody else's expectations be for a prolonged full on ice age, then I think you may be disappointed. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Some people on the model thread take weather too serious! Alot of idiots on there that say winters over ect as soon as a bad run comes outhelp.gif I think we'll see some snow next weekend - hopefully some on the 14th, be a nice present!

But, will it snow in Cardiff. blum.gif

Posted

Come mid-late next week, it will begin to get cold, cold and colder, some hints of snow next weekend yet again from the latest netweather forecast shown below.

Anybody up for a ICE day or two next Sunday/Monday?

http://www.netweathe...tion=10day;sess=

A solid trend is developing, in spite of what you might have read within the MOD thread in between the many knee-jerk posts and isolated run comments.

I haven't gone in there today and far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I may read a post or two in the morning before the more reliable 12z runs come out.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just waded through umpteen pages of the MOD thread.....I think I can confidently say that all was clearer in Priddy today, despite the top of the Mendip's being completely enshrouded in low cloud. I feel like the girl in the Exorcist.....crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Chilly start to the morning here today, currently sat at 6.9c.

Looking forward to something more seasonal at least soon.

Posted

To add to my above post, upper air temperatures show signs of retreating to something more akin to January on the NAE now;

post-12721-0-27902100-1357536313_thumb.j

These starting to be reflected at the surface too;

post-12721-0-92069700-1357536358_thumb.j

A little bit of patchy rain possible tomorrow evening too;

post-12721-0-98497800-1357536418_thumb.j

Posted

Chilly start to the morning here today, currently sat at 6.9c.

7.5C down here, and still very wet, the Mrs is complaining at me, coz the washing been hanging for days and its still soaked!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Damp morning here. I have a feeling when it gets lighter it will be Groundhog Day again and just a murky, grey damp day awaits.

Posted

Just looking at possibilities for the SE/EA area and I'm quite encouraged by GFS. There may even be slight chances for the CS/SW patch in a weeks time?

174_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Murky morning, Bit of farce to start week, Stupid sheep slipped down river bank. finished up with front half body in river and back leg trapped under tree root, With help from lady horse rider and couple of dog walkers managed to free sheep. The brave lady actually got in to river to support weight of sheep, Sheep run off safe but very wet and muddy, Had come home and change muddy clothes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lamb chops for tea tonight don't know if can face that now, Joys of living in countryside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/latest.aspx

Look at this weather forecast.....Doesn't seem that promising, oh the joys of living on the atlantic! :( And it'll be the southwest that gets mild first if it does go the way the forecaster is suggesting.....cray.gif

Posted

Murky morning, Bit of farce to start week, Stupid sheep slipped down river bank. finished up with front half body in river and back leg trapped under tree root, With help from lady horse rider and couple of dog walkers managed to free sheep. The brave lady actually got in to river to support weight of sheep, Sheep run off safe but very wet and muddy, Had come home and change muddy clothes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lamb chops for tea tonight don't know if can face that now, Joys of living in countryside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ahh, that is nice! I hope that your kindness and compassion towards the poor unfortunate sheep is appropriately rewarded somehow. What goes around, comes around and all that.....good.gif

It's another murky, miserable and drizzly day here.lazy.gif

Edited by noggin

Posted

I'm beginning to wonder if all that Mayan end of the world malarkey was to do with the Sun; I'm pretty certain it's either gone out or been nicked, it's not been seen around here for weeks now.

Posted

The 06z gives northern parts of our region a little of the white stuff on Saturday;

post-12721-0-42729400-1357553927_thumb.j

Don't take literally of course, but it goes to show how close we are to potential snowfall/colder weather next weekend. It's a fine margin currently.

Posted

Can't help thinking that the next two weeks may be a North and East 'event' re cold and snow, esp after Ian's early morning post in the Mod disc thread about MOGREPs latest modelling.

Will we, in the south west, be on the wrong side of the trough?

Only time will tell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I'm beginning to wonder if all that Mayan end of the world malarkey was to do with the Sun; I'm pretty certain it's either gone out or been nicked, it's not been seen around here for weeks now.

I hear rumours that it is going to make an appearance on Wednesday. I will have my shades ready just in case, it will be a shock to the eyes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

http://www.theweathe...her/latest.aspx

Look at this weather forecast.....Doesn't seem that promising, oh the joys of living on the atlantic! sad.png And it'll be the southwest that gets mild first if it does go the way the forecaster is suggesting.....cray.gif

i wouldn't worry too much. We know that it is going to get colder this week but after that is still very uncertain. We don't know what effects the ssw is going to have and the models seem to be struggling as each output is very different to the last. I only take noticed to +96 and +120 maybe but after that anything can happen. TWO commented on last nights output and that is known as the pub run and often is dismissed by alot of knowledgeable posters although I don't know if that is with foundation or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The 06z gives northern parts of our region a little of the white stuff on Saturday;

post-12721-0-42729400-1357553927_thumb.j

Don't take literally of course, but it goes to show how close we are to potential snowfall/colder weather next weekend. It's a fine margin currently.

I would happily bank that just a shame it is a week away clapping.gif

Posted

Can't help thinking that the next two weeks may be a North and East 'event' re cold and snow, esp after Ian's early morning post in the Mod disc thread about MOGREPs latest modelling.

Will we, in the south west, be on the wrong side of the trough?

Only time will tell

We usually always are which is soooo irratating

Posted

Amidst all the mist, I thought I'd add a couple of tweets from Ian, just incase he isn't able to get online to let us know the latest view from the Meto himself.

"Likelihood, albeit considered low probability for now, that more widespread v cold, wintry weather will be a feature beyond 10-day period."

"Timing of any shift to significantly colder weather & ultimate scope of it across UK remains v uncertain as we look towards weekend onwards."

Posted

Any likely hood of any snow in devon at all in the next few weeks or February?! We seem to be sitting on the boundary in the chart for 'snow risk'

Posted

Any likely hood of any snow in devon at all in the next few weeks or February?! We seem to be sitting on the boundary in the chart for 'snow risk'

rofl.gif Far, far too far away for any guesses like that!

post-6667-0-07401100-1357572691_thumb.jp

Posted

I thought 50 shades of grey was supposed to be exciting.....there's nowt exciting about the 50 shades in the sky around here, soooooooo bored now, the only change is from Dove to Slate to Battleship to Ashen to Lead and back again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I thought 50 shades of grey was supposed to be exciting....

it is...you must be doing it wrong, you need to find another use for your duct tape, cable ties and rope.......oh you meant the weather, silly me doh.gif