Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 3rd January 2013>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's a shame good old 'dogs32' isn't around anymore, he love the chance of posting....."great charts tonight, 2ft dumpings by next week!"...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

But one day you'll get one of those monumental battleground falls of 3ft of level snow with drifts 20ft high and the rest of the country will look on with envy.

It has to happen sometime in the future, so I'll just wait patiently and enjoy the rain till then!

If the ECM is correct, you'll be lucky to see a frost, let alone snowfall.

Still, there is such a range of options currently being disputed, its hard to find a favourable direction we are heading too.

Fair point!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

I think it's my fault as well. Since I bought the extra super duper fun sledge nothing!! Ironic thing is I ordered it before the snow of dec 10. And then they couldn't deliver it cos of the snow 😫

Since then no snow here at all.

Order Sun lounger, Might do the trick for snow........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

AWD.. Just wanted to say brilliant post earlier explaining everything. Like the extra references with things like what a zonal is and blocking... Really helpful for those non experts including me especially as it is given in context... More please!! :-D

Thanks.

No point in doing one every day as the models are changing so much currently that you'll think in making up stories!

Will keep an eye on developments and let you know what affects/favourable trends become apparent for our little region of the country.

Posted

Ever since I purchased a snow shovel - we haven't had a flake of snow - I think my snow shovel is cursed! I'm off to burn the snow shovel!

lol, I have to confess to purchasing one too in early December,,,,,I will burn mine too, I knew I would jinx it but still purchased it mad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Hi All,

Just seen the weather on BBC1 bristol local and Mr Weather Man said that this weekend is a total mess and it is going to be very interesting as it could prove to be alot colder than was originally forecast.

When the TV weather says that then it could be very interesting, they seem never to put themselves out on a limb usually. Cant wait, here comes something!clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Order Sun lounger, Might do the trick for snow........

My fault too as I bought a super warm coat specifically for cold weather.... Soo I am going to order a new thin raincoat, some new sunglasses, some new pretty high heeled shoes to wear on the commute to work. That should do it.. Oh And I may aswell put my winter wardrobe away and get the summer one out.. Excellent.. Job done. Thank me on the 16th when it is deep and crisp and even.....

Posted

Where is dogs? His/her posts always made me laugh.

If it's any help I ripped my wellies gorge walking last summer, so if we do get any of the white stuff I shall be the muppet walking down the road in dolly shoes or stilleto heeled boots. ;)

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Hi Dancing Daisy,

I was wondering where dogs 32 had gone just the other day, does anyone know where he is?

Posted

My fault too as I bought a super warm coat specifically for cold weather.... Soo I am going to order a new thin raincoat, some new sunglasses, some new pretty high heeled shoes to wear on the commute to work. That should do it.. Oh And I may aswell put my winter wardrobe away and get the summer one out.. Excellent.. Job done. Thank me on the 16th when it is deep and crisp and even.....

Only trouble you be down with pneumonia and miss the snow anyway, But if you wiling make that sacrifice, we can have whip round and send get well card Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Thanks to Ian for his - as usual - informative local forecast. I'm starting to get excited, not because of this forecast, but because the models seem to have been more encouraging for the last few days. Seems more consistant than Decembers chances were. Let's hope we get our SW battleground scenario after all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Where is dogs? His/her posts always made me laugh.

He moved to the US to become a full time hillbilly biggrin.png

Posted

But one day you'll get one of those monumental battleground falls of 3ft of level snow with drifts 20ft high and the rest of the country will look on with envy.

And WHICH day "might" that be, because the end of the world has been & gone, and it's still not happened?

Ah, I know "The Day after Tomorrow" of course, silly me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Everything in small doses!

Became very excited when rituisticly burning my shovel whilst dancing in circles wearing my bikini and sunglasses (reverse psychology) to find it had already started snowing. Alas I was to find out that it was only ash falling on my head! Now what do I do with the grit that I purchased at the same time as the shovel? blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

And he has no internet whilst being a Hillbilly? Not a good enough excuse as far as I am concerned. biggrin.png

I guess he's a bit busy making new friends.....

post-10773-0-58335300-1357588212_thumb.j

laugh.png

Posted

Became very excited when rituisticly burning my shovel whilst dancing in circles wearing my bikini and sunglasses (reverse psychology) to find it had already started snowing. Alas I was to find out that it was only ash falling on my head! Now what do I do with the grit that I purchased at the same time as the shovel? blum.gif

Sand dance,,,,,,,Wilson,KEPPLE and Betty,,,,,,,Really getting old if can remember them Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Only trouble you be down with pneumonia and miss the snow anyway, But if you wiling make that sacrifice, we can have whip round and send get well card

thanks cerneman. Star...

Posted

Hi Dancing Daisy,

I was wondering where dogs 32 had gone just the other day, does anyone know where he is?

Hiya DOGS32 has left the country. HE now lives in the US of A.

Oops I see it has been replied.

He's become a recluse with his music.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Hiya DOGS32 has left the country. HE now lives in the US of A.

Oops I see it has been replied.

He's become a recluse with his music.

Has he? Really? Blimey.ohmy.png

Posted

New modified UKMO-GM for Sunday just issued has wintry showers into eastern / E Anglia / E Central England etc., (no disruptive amounts anticipated) but MR folk keen to stress major uncertainties into entire weekend in certain respects - unsurprisingly. Meanwhile, for Saturday at least, heavy rain / showers in SW and environs, with hail/thunder likely.

Not good for our region :(