Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 3rd January 2013>

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

it is...you must be doing it wrong, you need to find another use for your duct tape, cable ties and rope.......oh you meant the weather, silly me doh.gif

And I thought you were an innocent angel.....

Posted

ANYBODY biggrin.png

Everybody!!! clapping.gif

Posted

What shade is a sky heavily laden with snow? Just saying.......

I'm guessing that's where the excitement comes from.

Edited by jethro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Slight tinge of pink around the edges....

8.9c. Southerly breeze at 5mph with a lot of cloud about now...

Posted

You will get snow between the 12th jan and the 19th. Im going snowboarding on the 12 th. Every time i go it always snows here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

You will get snow between the 12th jan and the 19th. Im going snowboarding on the 12 th. Every time i go it always snows here.

*works out how much it would cost to send minus 9 away for the whole of winter 2013/14*

Posted

Nah I'd say between the 19th and 26th, every time I go away something interesting happens with weather, and I've got to be in South Spain then!

I expect both my Uni location and home in East Devon to be buried then!

or maybe Devon will get it next week while you're away and Surrey will get it the week after when I'm away lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

We could have a whip round? biggrin.png

That was the idea, I wasn't offering to pay it all myself laugh.png

Nah I'd say between the 19th and 26th, every time I go away something interesting happens with weather,

This is what is known as 'jumping on the band wagon and trying to get a free holiday' nonono.gif

Posted

Did you have some freak snow on 6th Nov 12' ?? For some of us (if it snows) it will not be the first snow of the winter but it still feels like it was last winter it was that long ago!

Last snow I had here was in December 2010! help.gif

Been a horrible few days here, murky, drizzly & cloudy & its 10C at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Everything in small doses!

Ever since I purchased a snow shovel - we haven't had a flake of snow - I think my snow shovel is cursed! I'm off to burn the snow shovel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Ever since I purchased a snow shovel - we haven't had a flake of snow - I think my snow shovel is cursed! I'm off to burn the snow shovel!

Don't burn it. think of Global Warming.................. Edited by cerneman

Posted

Remember you have to do the sacrificial dance too - 12 turns in a clockwise direction, 3 anti-clockwise, a hop, two shimmies and an hokey kokey, all whilst sprinkling lots of white feathers to represent the snow you are summoning.

Don't burn it. think of Gobal Warming..................

I have on the highest authority (Greywolf) that melting ice makes it snowy here....let's all burn lots of shovels!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Remember you have to do the sacrificial dance too - 12 turns in a clockwise direction, 3 anti-clockwise, a hop, two shimmies and an hokey kokey, all whilst sprinkling lots of white feathers to represent the snow you are summoning.

I have on the highest authority (Greywolf) that melting ice makes it snowy here....let's all burn lots of shovels!

Burn all the shovels. Then dance 12 times around fire etc etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Never know may be suitable Asylum in the Cairngorms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

Saw the sun today. Rain forecast for tomorrow....then snow start of next week!......well possibly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Saw the sun today. Rain forecast for tomorrow....then snow start of next week!......well possibly!

Snow.......... In Cornwall......... :p :p

Posted

Burn all the shovels. Then dance 12 times around fire etc etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Never know may be suitable Asylum in the Cairngorms

I'm probably beyond help, letting loose in the Cairngorm's in the midst of a blizzard with no coat or compass would probably be the kindest thing for all...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

Snow.......... In Cornwall......... blum.gifblum.gif

Yeah, I know its seems ludicrous but in six years living here we've had 3 decent snowfalls....I lived in Swindon for 9 years in the 90's and only had 2 decent snowfall's, and that really doesn't make sense!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yeah, I know its seems ludicrous but in six years living here we've had 3 decent snowfalls....I lived in Swindon for 9 years in the 90's and only had 2 decent snowfall's, and that really doesn't make sense!!

If the ECM is correct, you'll be lucky to see a frost, let alone snowfall.

Still, there is such a range of options currently being disputed, its hard to find a favourable direction we are heading too.

Posted

But one day you'll get one of those monumental battleground falls of 3ft of level snow with drifts 20ft high and the rest of the country will look on with envy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I think it's my fault as well. Since I bought the extra super duper fun sledge nothing!! Ironic thing is I ordered it before the snow of dec 10. And then they couldn't deliver it cos of the snow 😫

Since then no snow here at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Chilly start to the morning here today, currently sat at 6.9c.

Looking forward to something more seasonal at least soon.

AWD.. Just wanted to say brilliant post earlier explaining everything. Like the extra references with things like what a zonal is and blocking... Really helpful for those non experts including me especially as it is given in context... More please!! :-D