Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 6th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looks like some sort fo event for the weekend now - not expecting huge accumulations - may a couple of cm.s.

Areas in the region nearest the midlands should do best.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to look at 12z ECM untill the end of the Run, I think by the middle of NEXT week we could be looking at some

stunning output as the affects of the BBW SSW start to take place wink.png

Do you mean BBW how I think you mean? ;) Not many people will know what that means..Will they? 0.0 Unless I missed the joke by far!

Looks like some sort fo event for the weekend now - not expecting huge accumulations - may a couple of cm.s.

I would not even make a judgement yet mate...Snow is hard to forecast at 12hrs out let alone 96hrs :p

Do you mean BBW how I think you mean? tease.gif Not many people will know what that means..Will they? 0.0 Unless I missed the joke by far!

I would not even make a judgement yet on areas mate...Snow is hard to forecast at 12hrs out let alone 96hrs blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Come to Sunny Corringham! We are a little Haven for Snow!! Failing that Billericay is always good......

As is Brentwood!!

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

As is Brentwood!!

And Upminster Bridge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Do you mean BBW how I think you mean? tease.gif Not many people will know what that means..Will they? 0.0 Unless I missed the joke by far!

I would not even make a judgement yet mate...Snow is hard to forecast at 12hrs out let alone 96hrs blum.gif

Yeah Big Biometic warming ??? why what did you think I ment ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Right I am moving West on Friday! rofl.gif

ditto !

post-10773-0-99251100-1357670176_thumb.j

angel.gif

Yeah Big Biometic warming ??? why what did you think I ment ??

Dont wanna say lol...

I dont know what Big Biometic Warming is...I only learnt this week what SSW was :p

Right, these threads are impossible to follow if you've been at work all day. Can someone summarise what I've missed...? rofl.gif

Any predictions - location, depth?

Weekend - Cold with snow (Could change)

Beyond weekend - Don't ask not worth saying yet

Model agreements on the weekend..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

let me see......

post-10773-0-74663600-1357670847_thumb.j

Mmm....I can see snow for Saturday.....somewhere, and someone will win the Lottery biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I think the big 3 agreeing the next 7 days (all very similar) is very good news.

The bad news is that if any of them throw a wobble in the next 3 days expect the other 2 to follow suite.

My favourite post in the model thread currently was from Ian Brown (a renowned mild ramper) who before this afternooons runs almost guaranteed the ECM would spoil the party.

WTF, I dont know what to say.

Posted

That was a very nice ECM run in the end..

The cold is modelled at T+72, so I'd say it's very likely that we will see a cold spell, with possibly some snow. Probably best not to go out further than T+120 for the time being however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters,Cool summers

Fantastic afternoon for model watching. With the fun and games due to start at the weekend (hopefully) think this place will pick up as the week goes on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Ahaha!! Be nice to get some convective Snowfall this winter?? I remember getting caught out by a Snow CB in Winter 2010 whilst on the ground at Biggin Hill Airport, CAVOK to 200 meters in very heavy snow showers in seconds...

I wish I had the balls to do a LRF At the end of October as I have been telling all the Yummy Mummies down the school that any appreciable snow this winter would be the 2nd half of Jan and February.

But part of me just does not trust this winter, all the mums at the moment are picking up on the press about the upcoming visit of polar bears floating across the North Sea on Icebergs, my response is nothing is set in stone yet.........how many times are we going to get burned with the models. I think the way to go this winter is if it is not within T72 Then do not discount the unthinkable!

Posted

With -8 uppers at least and a strong easterly flow, there should be some good convection and maybe some streamers thrown in as well,if them ecm charts confirm.Love to witness some thundersnow again like 2009 but uppers need to be lower.Anyway, cannot wait for them first flurries fallingclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Ok I'm really trying to control myself and not get excited as we have all been let down badly before.So can the more knowledgable please give a straight forward answer as too how likely this will pan out.😄

Posted

evening any one seen my huskies looks like we might need them next-week!!!

Posted

Dont wanna say lol...

I dont know what Big Biometic Warming is...I only learnt this week what SSW was blum.gif

Weekend - Cold with snow (Could change)

Beyond weekend - Don't ask not worth saying yet

Model agreements on the weekend..

think i put the film on day after tomorrow to get me ready!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Ok I'm really trying to control myself and not get excited as we have all been let down badly before.So can the more knowledgable please give a straight forward answer as too how likely this will pan out.��

I had my own thoughts,and just to be sure asked the question in the mod thread marie.And i was right.It would be a monumentel downgrade if we got one now!cross model agreement and 3 days away personally 85% on so far imo.

The reason i say 85% is my daughter just asked me in percentages how likley.lmao x

btw i am not that knowledgable,just my opinion lol x

Edited by Floatylight

Posted

Good evening everyone.

I am so looking forward to spending the weekend at the seaside. Sun, sand, lots of good surf. Heat of 30c and lovely cooling cocktails. A game of beach volleyball maybe, before running into the warm sea and riding the waves as they crash back onto the beach. Heaven!

(trying a bit of reverse psychology here)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Right, these threads are impossible to follow if you've been at work all day. Can someone summarise what I've missed...? rofl.gif

A chance of snow come the weekend and possibly beyond. However, please do not get caught up in the hype in here or elsewhere just yet. Let it get progressively colder firstly. Easterlies do fail at very short timeframes, FACT! friends.gif

For something more detailed, please see my post here and look out for JPs Fax charts later tonight. Thereafter, don't take your eyes off the 12zs.

Edited by gottolovethisweather