Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 6th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

IT WILL NOT GO WRONG BY THE WAY, you have my word.

Cold is a coming and it's just a case of how much SNOW comes with the cold. good.gif

agree entirely! the way this is shaping up and falling into place is very promising indeed.

bye bye nasty double digit temps!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I don't mind the mild weather really. It's the greyness that gets on my nerves. Ah, well I hope we get some snow then as I always think it brightens everything up at this time of year. We NEED bright. :D

Posted

Model Forum Today: 7am unhappy, no snow and will be mild forever. 10.30am happy, total whiteout, UK will be shut down by blizzards. 12.30pm unhappy, brief cold spell, followed by mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I don't mind the mild weather really. It's the greyness that gets on my nerves. Ah, well I hope we get some snow then as I always think it brightens everything up at this time of year. We NEED bright. biggrin.png

Yes the grey skies do my head in, to put it bluntly. That's why a nice crisp cool day, not necessarily cold or very cold with snow will suit me down to the ground. I just don't think many mild winter's days will come with abundant sunshine though. sorry.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes the grey skies do my head in, to put it bluntly. That's why a nice crisp cool day, not necessarily cold or very cold with snow will suit me down to the ground. I just don't think many mild winter's days will come with abundant sunshine though. sorry.gif

Very true re. the italics.

We had one of those late in February here last year, during a weekend. I went out cycling with just light clothing. Unfortunately it wasn't a portender of things to come. :(

Tbh, today is quite nice here at the moment - hazy sunshine. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

doh.gif

Well it had to happen didn't it....was only a matter of time smile.png

I had to laugh at this "The UK faces the coldest and iciest spell of winter so far" ......so true as well, but as it's been unseasonably mild anything back in single figures never mind sub zero will make it the coldest it's been so far this year angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters
Posted · Hidden by Coast, January 8, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Coast, January 8, 2013 - No reason given

Model Forum Today: 7am unhappy, no snow and will be mild forever. 10.30am happy, total whiteout, UK will be shut down by blizzards. 12.30pm unhappy, brief cold spell, followed by mild.

with mood swings like that, the mod thread must be a woman!

Posted

I'm going to try and ignore the press coverage, as it's exactly what we don't need - a big hype with so far too go yet.

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Hi all

Having got a weather calender with a daily fact on it , i will tell you them now and again

Tues 8th january

1990:High winds pound oregon killing two and destroying $20 million worth of timber.

Also does anybody find the last met o update abit of a joke.

I feel whoever wrote that should be shot!

There are so many possible,may,and coulds etc,it quite humiliating.

There are so many what if they might as well not botherd to do a report atall as its quite usless.

Cant they just say anlasis of the next couple of weeks shows this and that.

But is subject to change .

I think it just looks poor the way they write it thats all.??

Posted

Hi all

Having got a weather calender with a daily fact on it , i will tell you them now and again

Tues 8th january

1990:High winds pound oregon killing two and destroying $20 million worth of timber.

Also does anybody find the last met o update abit of a joke.

I feel whoever wrote that should be shot!

There are so many possible,may,and coulds etc,it quite humiliating.

There are so many what if they might as well not botherd to do a report atall as its quite usless.

Cant they just say anlasis of the next couple of weeks shows this and that.

But is subject to change .

I think it just looks poor the way they write it thats all.??

All it suggests in my opinion is how chaotic the climate forecasts are, even with millions of pounds worth of computer output trying to second guess nature. All I ever do at this time of year is look for the word SNOW in their forecasts, their 6-15 dayer forecast (I largely ignore the 16-30 dayer) has included the word SNOW for three consecutive days now. This would also be why the press have jumped on the probability and used additional hype to help sell their dirty rags.

Cold, potentially very cold with a higher likelihood of wintriness as time goes on would be my simple 6-15 day view right now.

Floaty, do continue to post those weather facts, makes for interesting reading.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

And there was me thinking Fergie was talking about a Model called "Shannon Entropy" earlier.

Google results were very dissapointing! rofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

And there was me thinking Fergie was talking about a Model called "Shannon Entropy" earlier.

Google results were very dissapointing! rofl.gifrofl.gif

LOL.

How you doing Paul?

Fancy our chances of a cold spell before the month is out?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Coast, January 8, 2013 - Hang on while I check this out for you!
Hidden by Coast, January 8, 2013 - Hang on while I check this out for you!

HI Guys and girls,

Just got these t-shirts in and was wondering if anybody would be interested We are doing a give away or you can buy them for £13.99 plus £2 postage. To enter in for your chance to win one all you have to do is follow us on twitter!

!!!

post-12648-0-32310900-1357653402_thumb.j

post-12648-0-38522900-1357653415_thumb.j

Edited by Surrey
Posted

In a Word

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Not buying into the ECM at all, it performed disgracefully in December, probably the worst I have ever seen that Model Perform in 10 Years on this site!

The thing that worries me most is looking back to the december 2010 spell, the ECM Was the last to buy into that record breaking spell but the METO Was firmly into it from about November 10th If I recall!

Really need the UKMet to come onside, not so worried about the European at present.

Guest archiesmummy

Model Forum Today: 7am unhappy, no snow and will be mild forever. 10.30am happy, total whiteout, UK will be shut down bye blizzards. 12.30pm unhappy, brief cold spell, followed by mild.

And I bet this afternoon and this evening will show differences again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

All it suggests in my opinion is how chaotic the climate forecasts are, even with millions of pounds worth of computer output trying to second guess nature. All I ever do at this time of year is look for the word SNOW in their forecasts, their 6-15 dayer forecast (I largely ignore the 16-30 dayer) has included the word SNOW for three consecutive days now. This would also be why the press have jumped on the probability and used additional hype to help sell their dirty rags.

Cold, potentially very cold with a higher likelihood of wintriness as time goes on would be my simple 6-15 day view right now.

Floaty, do continue to post those weather facts, makes for interesting reading.

Thanks gltw!

I will then,should have started jan 1st really.

monday 7th was:The transition area where floating ice shelves meet the ice that is still sitting directly on the bedrock is called 'The grounding line' :)