Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 6th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Could be quite a covering in places if this weekend pans out well...

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

there's always a blooming gap right across mid norfolk lol!!! well not always but a lot of the time lol :(

Posted

there's always a blooming gap right across mid norfolk lol!!! well not always but a lot of the time lol :(

Better than always being under rain like I am :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it.

I think we will be OK for snow Sat/Sun at least. By that point we will know what next week is likely to do. There's no point looking beyond the weekend at the moment IMHO.

I am totally fed up with the model thread. I have been lurking on it for the last few years and it is the epitome of contradiction. No matter what the models say, there will be a 50:50 split with half of the posters believing the output and half not. Get a bad chart and again half start slashing their wrists, the other 50% say bin it. Get a good chart and they are all creaming over each other. They all say "ignore everything after T+96" then when a good chart appears at T+300, it's "GAME ON", unless it's a single bad chart, then we may as well give up on winter.

Watching that thread is painful at the moment, no matter what the charts are saying. It SHOULD be educational and reflect what the charts are saying with a non-bias opinion. It's not. Anyway, rant over.

Here's to the weekend snow. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Lovely day here in Ippy. Clear blue sky, sunshine and its mild again. Hard to believe its all change at the week-end with a 60% chance of snow for Ipswich. :o (none for Norwich)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Better than always being under rain like I am smile.png

That'll be the snow shield being borrowed in the East Anglianshire ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

there's always a blooming gap right across mid norfolk lol!!! well not always but a lot of the time lol sad.png

And EAST KENT is in the rain againsorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I really would not take the snow charts seriously guys.. Don't get excited or down just yet..Wait till tomorrow night and Friday before we make a decision as to what will happen...It's still long way out in weather terms..The parameters for snow are slowly falling into place now.. good.gif Heres hoping smile.png

Haha. Very true what you say, though I gotta feeling it will be a nowcasting, radar & Lampost job ;)

Posted

Despite the snow risk charts leaving some out and others in rain I think we'll all see something within the next week...just a feeling ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Oh well gone and well and truly jinxed it,just ordered these for the kids.unsure.png

http://www.amazon.co...57743996&sr=8-1

Haha. Very true what you say, though I gotta feeling it will be a nowcasting, radar & Lampost job tease.gif

I agree, but we can also take gudience of what we are seeing from the charts ETC at 24 hrs out..Of course with snow now casting and lamp post watching (with a bit of praying) will always be...Unless you live in somewhere like the alps :D

Edited by Surrey

Posted

OK, before the 12z starts rolling out I want everybody in this region to join hands and wish your bestest wish for Saturday onwards - now close your eyes and imagine.....

tumblr_lxcqi4jcPW1qhmhdfo1_500.giftumblr_lxcqi4jcPW1qhmhdfo1_500.gif

Posted

Despite the snow risk charts leaving some out and others in rain I think we'll all see something within the next week...just a feeling tease.gif

To be brutally honest, the snow risk charts are a waste of time. John H's guide to "will it snow?" located somewhere in the forums is a good place to get a handle on the conditions for snowfall.

The NAE is also a great model in pin-pointing snow when it comes into range.

Posted

OK, before the 12z starts rolling out I want everybody in this region to join hands and wish your bestest wish for Saturday onwards - now close your eyes and imagine.....

sorry, that is showing rain on my browserrofl.gif

Posted

sorry, that is showing rain on my browserrofl.gif

Turn the heat setting down three notches then!!!!

Posted

think il come back in about 30mins when either there is good.gif or the most commonly used wallbash.gif happening here.

Posted

Oh we'll !

Put the sledge back in the shed

Poor GFS 06z

Not long ago the GFS and ECM were showing amazing Easterlies. ECM started to back down, but GFS carried on with the Easterlies. GFS eventually backed down and followed ECM's theme of a short cold snap.

If ECM 12Z shows the very cold theme as the 00Z, then expect GFS to eventually back down and follow ECM.

Posted

finally worked out the end of the world scenario from the mayans and 21 12 2012 it was the mass suicide on the mod thread when snow became extinct for xmas and looks like we are knife edge again lol

Posted

To be brutally honest, the snow risk charts are a waste of time. John H's guide to "will it snow?" located somewhere in the forums is a good place to get a handle on the conditions for snowfall.

The NAE is also a great model in pin-pointing snow when it comes into range.

I know, doesn't stop a girl from hoping :)

Posted

Dandruff?

Posted

Dandruff?

If it's cold, drifts and you can make snowmen out of it - I don't care!!!!! :lol:

Posted

If it's cold, drifts and you can make snowmen out of it - I don't care!!!!! laugh.png

Might try that with wife beater Stella tonight..............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Ok..if its going to snow, I don't want a piddling amount that turns immediately to mucky slush. Oh no..I want 6ft drifts and blizzards please. And where you have to really shove your door open against the snow banking up against it in the morning. :D

Posted

Metoffice now smelling the coffee and mentioning Snow on Sat ...

Mainly cloudy Friday with a little rain. Cloudy Saturday, with rain or perhaps snow spreading to most parts. Brighter Sunday but very cold, with snow showers, especially in the east.

Updated: 1533 on Wed 9 Jan 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

think the latest run shows the snow has tracked further north... Lincolnshire and north :( not sure if what I say is 100% right though, so fingers crossed