Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 11/01/13 ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Unfortunately it is now reflected in BBC forecast, only the East in business monday, West = rain or nothing.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

A cold week ahead still, but not cold enough in the few hours that matter.

The snow that could have fallen and stayed all week has gone from being nailed on as recent as yesterday, to being washed out by rain in the second band to not falling at all in the space of 24 hours or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Unfortunately it is now reflected in BBC forecast, only the East in business monday, West = rain or nothing.

Just waiting for the warning to be removed now!

Posted

Just looking on rain today and it shows a stream off ppn near manchester now does anyone know what the situation is with that?

Posted

It will be removed tommorow lunchtime.

Guess it depends on what the morning's models are showing, especially the ECM & NAE, but I'd say an 80% chance it'll get shifted east.

Just looking on rain today and it shows a stream off ppn near manchester now does anyone know what the situation is with that?

Showers moving in from the north sea, they'll dissipate as they hit the Pennines.

Posted

Dunno but it's clouding over from the east..

Posted

Probably a few flurries about to hit Manchester..

Posted

This could be a nice surprise just hope the Pennines don't swallow it up like BT said as so often it does I will do a bit of Lampost watching and let you know.

Posted

t just read this on the mod thread "The Met Office now has a warning out for 2-5cm and up to 10cm for western and central parts overnight"

Cant find it.

Posted

Updated bbc automated forecast whilst not great for the West, it is nowhere near as bad as the NMM and as still decent for the East of the region and maybe Manchester even.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Yeah, might have known the "NWest & Sods Law" would come into play. All year round we get heaviest of the ppn. Come winter it weakens at it passes our area and then reintensifies south over the Midlands.

I just knew this would happen and PPN charts starting to show just that.

Posted

It's quite possible that some of us in NW England won't see any lying snow at all in this spell (as far as we can see out to). Disappointing indeed. The thought of those further east boasting etc is winding me up already. I fear for the health of my laptop!

My laptop got off fairly easy all things considered the last time I lost it not too long ago, if however the models now take a sudden turn for the worse in the medium/longer term thus ruling out snow for the next weeks it probably won't be so lucky though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Nothing forecast but rain for the Isle of Man.. woop, flipping woop...

Edited by Convective

Posted

Yeah, might have known the "NWest & Sods Law" would come into play. All year round we get heaviest of the ppn. Come winter it weakens at it passes our area and then reintensifies south over the Midlands.

I just knew this would happen and PPN charts starting to show just that.

I dont get this, the latest forecast for our part of the region is good again (just upgraded (BBC Sarah Keith Lucas)), an upgrade of sorts for whole region but would not get hopes up further West as its right on the border, but IF (and i dont in any way buy into it after the variable output of the last few hours), the forecast verified then for me and you Snowmad79, it would be a rasper (10cm+ by monday mid afternoon)

Posted

I dont get this, the latest forecast for our part of the region is good again (just upgraded (BBC Sarah Keith Lucas)), an upgrade of sorts for whole region but would not get hopes up further West as its right on the border, but IF (and i dont in any way buy into it after the variable output of the last few hours), the forecast verified then for me and you Snowmad79, it would be a rasper (10cm+ by monday mid afternoon)

Looked like anyone east of M6 really i thought

Posted

BBC news forecast still going for two waves of snowfall Sunday night, Monday afternoon away from western fringes. wow stop press just looked out of window and its erm.....snowing! very light though but a good start :)

Edited by dodgeredee