Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

I think she was questioning why there was such a difference between what she was reporting compared to yours as im sure her temp and dewpoint were a degree or so less... could be the extra height at allys

Roger Edo I copy.

Yes we are in a cold hollow in the Glen Almond so hold on to accumulated cold the longest around Perth but I have noticed we struggle to reduce our temperature in a non-radiative cold setup.

Not at all happy with this scenario as the incoming precipitation will raise all measures to extreme marginal.

If it is snow it will be horrible wet stuff I fear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I agree with a post earlier still does not feel like the cold that gives snow outside...still waiting to feel that maic chill in the air......will nip oot to the garage in couple of hours and hopefully get that snow smell in the air :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

language Mr Brown

I likes it though

Did you see the A9 was shut in both directions between Luncarty and Perth after an accident tonight? Hope everyone was ok. mellow.png

EDIT - Ahh just looked on traffic scotland and it says between Perth and Dunkeld - by Bankfoot I think?

Edited by over_the_rainbow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Batty Boy made a map: "Made a graphic that will give you an idea of whether you’ll see snow Sun & Mon."

BAbWZzOCYAAF8Js.jpg

Not looking too promising for Edinburgh and Glasgow. :(

Made a graphic that will give you an idea of whether you’ll see snow Sun & Mon. This is just a rough guide #scotsnow pic.twitter.com/LfGDmnlU

— Sean Batty (@SeanBattySTV)

January 12, 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

I think she was questioning why there was such a difference between what she was reporting compared to yours as im sure her temp and dewpoint were a degree or so less... could be the extra height at allys

Yeah edodfc your right, did think it might be height but wasn't sure thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Are we going to need this LSS?

582416_3662041929519_1949764108_n.jpg

Mibbes aye, mibbes snaw!

(I'll get my coathi.gif )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

So exciting, (not in the MT for some reason?) but potentially amazing times ahead for the whole week and beyond.....

Traffic cams look tasty smile.png

Sean Batty says nearly nae snaw - heck!

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

Roger Edo I copy.

Yes we are in a cold hollow in the Glen Almond so hold on to accumulated cold the longest around Perth but I have noticed we struggle to reduce our temperature in a non-radiative cold setup.

Not at all happy with this scenario as the incoming precipitation will raise all measures to extreme marginal.

If it is snow it will be horrible wet stuff I fear.

agree but everything seems to be breaking up precipitation wise before reaches here and i actually hope it stays that way the skies clear and get proper temp drop before anything reaches us tomorrow.....be nice to get a bit of frost the snow could stick to..... things being upgrading gradually for tomorrow so im 60% hopeful of some snow tomorrow which is probable as i actually had a pass to go out and watch supersunday..... if it snows am contractually obliged to go play with kids in it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Temperatures still have a fair way to drop I reckon:

13011306_1218.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Someone has just lobbed a massive bottle of Omega 3 pills in my face. Don't worry, I only suffered super fish oil injuries

Posted

Did you see the A9 was shut in both directions between Luncarty and Perth after an accident tonight? Hope everyone was ok. mellow.png

EDIT - Ahh just looked on traffic scotland and it says between Perth and Dunkeld - by Bankfoot I think?

well it flecking better of been...the sign at friarton said A9 closed at inveralmond so had to detour via pitcairngreen on way home.....

A9 was empty when crossed it but no signs of blue lights so prob was up bankfoot..... normally bad when roads closed :( fingers crossed though noone badly injured

Posted

Someone has just lobbed a massive bottle of Omega 3 pills in my face. Don't worry, I only suffered super fish oil injuries

on the vino sampling aberdeenshire humour are we :)

Posted

Hmm, I'm not sure the NAE has got a hold of the setup all that well:

13011300_1218.gif

compared to the actual radar showing a growing band of precipitation spreading southwards from the Highlands.

MOGREPS must have a handle on it though, MO have a new warning out for western parts, up to 10cm locally, valid until 12pm tomorrow. Very confusing setup this!

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

on the vino sampling aberdeenshire humour are we smile.png

OK it's joke time!

Why can people not get pain-killers in the jungle?

Because the parrots-eat-em-all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

*sigh*! Would I love to open my door and see this before this 'winter' is over!post-1989-0-20441000-1358031829_thumb.jp

Fat chance! it's in Newfoundland, Canada.post-1989-0-43983800-1358032037_thumb.jp

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Hmm, I'm not sure the NAE has got a hold of the setup all that well:

13011300_1218.gif

compared to the actual radar showing a growing band of precipitation spreading southwards from the Highlands.

Or given the crazy setups recently LSS - maybe it has! Gulp!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

well it flecking better of been...the sign at friarton said A9 closed at inveralmond so had to detour via pitcairngreen on way home.....

A9 was empty when crossed it but no signs of blue lights so prob was up bankfoot..... normally bad when roads closed :( fingers crossed though noone badly injured

It was 2 cars and a quad bike seemingly :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Hope everyone gets some snow :))

Night night.lazy.gif

Will not be able to resist checking in tomorrow gathering.gif for a wee catchup.