Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted

Well, if it's true that seagulls mean snow is on its way, then all signs were very good on Kingston riverside yesterday as we were swamped during our 'let's feed a bit of bread to the ducks' outing!

post-8993-0-53119100-1358074805_thumb.jp

post-8993-0-48709900-1358074826_thumb.jp

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

I consider seeing any snow at all in the UK a bonus, so this week looks great. Remember 2 weeks ago when it just looked zonal and mild for weeks on end?

To be honest, I'm mainly concerned that I'm going to look silly for telling all my family and friends to expect snow tomorrow rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

The latest BBC Forecast I just watched on bbc news 24 was laughable, they didn't even have the CURRENT precipitation charts right, what I am seeing right now on Rain today and what their graphics were showing was a million miles away from each other.

Regardless of what it was showing, however, there's little hope of us in the SE seeing any snow tomorrow.

Who knows what the rest of the week has in store, maybe a few snow showers here and there, but I doubt we'll be seeing anything other than a dusting.

a complete anti climax if you ask me, only those in E.Anglia in our region are going to get anything.

The BBC don't even think that first band of showers will even get to us, so it'll be just plain old rain, with no preceding snow and no snow on the back edge...IF YOU BELIEVE THEIR CHARTS....which I don't as it bore no resemblance what so ever to any of the charts available

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

All these posts saying "oh we might get evaporative cooling" "oh it might change" I think we just need to accept that it's looking pretty rubbish for us at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

Snowing here in Benfleet 9 miles west of southend smile.png ss7 (essex)

Edited by Stephen Lee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Apparently where i am is 240m ASL does that help for the marginality between rain/sleet/snow?

Posted

That little clump of precip off the Essex Coast is correct if you are wondering, very slight snow grain showers affecting the North side of the Estuary at the moment!

Posted

Lake effect snow building just off Kent and Essex coastline interesting to see it build over the warm water. Nothing major but fun to see changing.

lakeeffect.jpg

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

To be honest, I'm mainly concerned that I'm going to look silly for telling all my family and friends to expect snow tomorrow rofl.gif

Lesson learnt then! Best thing to say is there is a chance of snow coming, covers your back then if it all goes t*ts up :) Seriously though, I'm quite excited about tomorrow and this week, loads better than what we have had so far this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

Snowing here in Benfleet 9 miles west of southend smile.png ss7 (essex)

How heavy, i'm in Rayleigh and nowt yet

Posted

Lesson learnt then! Best thing to say is there is a chance of snow coming, covers your back then if it all goes t*ts up smile.png Seriously though, I'm quite excited about tomorrow and this week, loads better than what we have had so far this winter.

I'm alot more cautious on my weather page and keen to highlight uncertainties. Forecasting snow is proving to be a nightmare though! :-)

Posted

How heavy, i'm in Rayleigh and nowt yet

Lightly at moment :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The latest BBC Forecast I just watched on bbc news 24 was laughable, they didn't even have the CURRENT precipitation charts right, what I am seeing right now on Rain today and what their graphics were showing was a million miles away from each other.

Regardless of what it was showing, however, there's little hope of us in the SE seeing any snow tomorrow.

Who knows what the rest of the week has in store, maybe a few snow showers here and there, but I doubt we'll be seeing anything other than a dusting.

a complete anti climax if you ask me, only those in E.Anglia in our region are going to get anything.

The BBC don't even think that first band of showers will even get to us, so it'll be just plain old rain, with no preceding snow and no snow on the back edge...IF YOU BELIEVE THEIR CHARTS....which I don't as it bore no resemblance what so ever to any of the charts available

How do you know what's going to happen snow-wise when even the met office don't?! Looks quite exciting for us this week regardless of tomorrow IMHO. At least you're not living in a cardboard box under a motorway flyover wondering if you'll freeze to death. Get a grip.

Posted

Unfortunately i agree more blood rain down here, seems to rain every other day. Even the thames streamer potential for later in the week looks poor. Sorry to be a negative nelly uys just annoying when you get your hopes up for a damp squib

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Just watched sky news weather dont think they have a clue! Cloudy and cold here in croydon, the sun is trying to come out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Snowing!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Essex Chelle

Posted

I'm alot more cautious on my weather page and keen to highlight uncertainties. Forecasting snow is proving to be a nightmare though! :-)

Yes, forecasting snow in the UK must be so difficult, I really don't envy the profs!