Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted

First few small flakes of snow about half hour ago - gradually getting a little heavier and more persistent.

Temp has gone down pretty quickly in last hour - was +3.3c for a while but now down to +1.7c and falling

Just goes to show how in these situations, snow can pop up almost un-expectedly. Met Office warning just issues looks good for Kent so could be an interesting pm and eve.

Hi damp -- I thought my weather station was playing up saying temp = 3 and DP = 2.3

Can you give me your readings to compare, please?

Posted

Guys I have been right under the ppn all morning. Its nothing to get excited about. Light flurries, small flakes. Watch the band of ppn coming down from Scotland and blow it further West!!

Humm seems a few upgrades today and hopefully we can contiune this trend...

If I was goona put a guess out I would say sleety/ rain between Midday tomorrow - 2 in the afternoon.. Then snow from then till about midnight. But we should see laying snow tonight as the first bands moves through hitting us in the early hours of the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

London & South East England

Valid from: 1700 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

Valid to: 0800 on Mon 14 Jan 2013

Snow showers are likely to affect parts of Kent during Sunday evening and overnight into Monday. Amounts of snow will be very variable, with a few places receiving 2-5 cm and there is a small risk of 5-10 cm very locally should showers become aligned into a band.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1146 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=7DA3E0E1-1444-F5E9-D040-2E957AA6E666_3_SE&tab=map&map=Warnings&fcTime=1357992060&zoom=7&lon=-0.50&lat=51.35

Posted

Can I ask are the streamer heading in my direction as I'm just north of uckfield

Edit just saw a flake of snow in the wind

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted

Can I ask are the streamer heading in my direction as I'm just north of nutly

doesnt look like it.. infact its hardly moving anyway, just feeding off the thames estuary

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Hi damp -- I thought my weather station was playing up saying temp = 3 and DP = 2.3

Can you give me your readings to compare, please?

Hi - afraid my Oregon remote weather station dosent give DP but I can confirm the temp continues to fall - now stands at +1.5c

Do bear in mind I am on North Downs near Lenham / Charing so that little bit higher up here than Ashford.

Posted

Hi - afraid my Oregon remote weather station dosent give DP but I can confirm the temp continues to fall - now stands at +1.5c

Do bear in mind I am on North Downs near Lenham / Charing so that little bit higher up here than Ashford.

Thanks though, I would like to live up there but can't afford it. Like the idea of fewer neighbours, too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

London & South East England

Valid from: 1700 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

Valid to: 0800 on Mon 14 Jan 2013

Snow showers are likely to affect parts of Kent during Sunday evening and overnight into Monday. Amounts of snow will be very variable, with a few places receiving 2-5 cm and there is a small risk of 5-10 cm very locally should showers become aligned into a band.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1146 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...-0.50&lat=51.35

Great evidence of nowcasting from the Met Office, and something to bare in mind of what can easily happen when not originally forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Weather for week ahead has snow over kent for monday through to thursday! Was just on before countryfile! Looks a lot snowier for the se than was expecting!

oh no missed it wonder if anyone can post it on here

Thanks in advance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Latest NAE indicator for midnight - shows the possible streamer there

13011400_1306.gif

Posted

Weather for week ahead has snow over kent for monday through to thursday! Was just on before countryfile! Looks a lot snowier for the se than was expecting!

i agree, it was very upbeat for kent (including thanet !!!)drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

First flurries of snow in the wind at snodland not expecting it

Posted

doubt it.. its only a light blob of snow anyway.. so if it was above us,you wouldnt be that excited.. anyway best streamers are always at night for some reason in london.

From reading the model discussions pages it is hard to make out if London will get some lying snow or rain.

What is your take on things?

Snow tonight, tomorrow morning and evening or just tonight and melted with the rain tomorrow?

Edited by mobad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Looks like I've called this one right, went for a snow turning to rain event and that indeed looks like happening, more oppertunites to come next week though from showers which personally I prefer as they are much less marginal, also more oppertunites to come late jan/early feb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hello from west London. Boring weather day here, slate grey and not really v cold either! Wasn't v cold at 2am when walking home from the pub. Maybe it was alchohol haze keeping me warm! Matt Taylor weekly forecast before countryfile a few mins ago was interesting for se areas.

Posted

Sounds like people have thrown in the towel just what a computer prediction said, how about using extinct, who predicted these showers BBC said dry and bright no showers over here etc,