Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted

Cant see a lot wrong with that Forecast, very typical of this type of weather set up and the same favoured areas getting in on the action.

What are you feeling for tonight/tomorrow in our neck of the woods Paul?

Snow-Rain-Snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

snow-yellow.gifSnow meto London and south east.

Issued at:1133 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

Valid from:1300 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

Valid to:2355 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

A band of sleet and snow will move southeastwards across Wales and northern and western England through the rest of Sunday. Snow will not settle everywhere, although 2-4 cm is likely in places, particularly during the evening, whilst 5-10 cm is possible above 300 metres in northern England.

The public are advised to be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Now take a look at the high res image

post-7073-0-07098800-1358075954_thumb.gi

post-7073-0-01016300-1358075971_thumb.gi

In fact, bar the first front which is mostly light and patchy, the second front is ALL rain bar the very, very back edge

The NMM doesn't even give us back edge snow

post-7073-0-17802900-1358076055_thumb.pn

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks THIS still looks good is wrong.

I couldn't agree any more with this.

Today's little and sudden band of Precipitation was unexpected although I've been out playing golf this morning and I saw nothing falling form the sky along the Downs, I even had to take my coat off !!

I think some of the posters on here are simply setting themselves up for disappointment , which isn't helped by some others, who are ignoring what is staring them in the face.

As for the comment from one poster this morning about my needing to ''Get a grip'' and that I should be thank full I am not living in a card board box under a motorway...I think that poster should refrain from making such comments, as I was in fact homeless at one point in my life, thankfully it was during the summer and I was living in a garden shed for 6 weeks.

so maybe HE should get a damn grip and stop trying to set everyone else up for disappointment

Edited by EML Network

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Cant see a lot wrong with that Forecast, very typical of this type of weather set up and the same favoured areas getting in on the action.

Agree, a good forecast for our area. Monday night looks interesting with the wrap around of the low as it passes off into the Channel. Then Tuesday to Thursday looks good for snow showers.

Posted

i think i will be back late tonight

bye

take them warnings with a large pinch of salt

with repect

i would trust them more than any

amateur thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

I must confess I'm still none the wiser. Would it be a fair assumption to say its a wait and see scenario for tomorrow? ( in my area anyway)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

how many of those have we had this winter? Is that the first or did we have one in December?

I've a feeling that we could get some pleasant surprises this week especially as expectations have been watered down. Snow has cropped up at short notice in the past and with cold the embedded the rest of this week it may be a case of watching the radars!

Posted

What are you feeling for tonight/tomorrow in our neck of the woods Paul?

Snow-Rain-Snow?

Same feeling as b4 really, first band dies a death so maybe a dusting, as the 2nd front comes through tomorrow expect a right old mess but ultimately ending as snow, the favourable thing for the SE now is the Wrap around as the Low gets stuck in the Southern North Sea, this could introduce much heavier precip overnight and into Tuesday, and this would be ALL Snow. We then have a tightening of the Isobars bringing in alternating Easterlies with North Easterlies which should push that convection well into the London area for Wednesday and Thursday, End of the week I actually think we will be dry and cold in the SE As the front has trouble even getting any furthe east than the West Country, fun and games for them to end the week maybe!

Posted

good news is the convective snow of the north sea looks more and more likely over the middle to later parts of next week which are far more effective in our part of the world than what we might get later tonight/tomorrow.

Posted

I must confess I'm still none the wiser. Would it be a fair assumption to say its a wait and see scenario for tomorrow? ( in my area anyway)

I think so yes.

The 12z and 18z models need to show a correction WEST of the ppn and associated milder sector of upper air. That will help to keep the dew points down a notch and hopefully, fingers crossed keep most of us in the snow band rather than a wintry mix.

In truth it looks more and more likely its going to be a look out your window and pray type situation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Im expecting lots,its going to come,it always does,its just a matter of when help.gif

Posted

Same feeling as b4 really, first band dies a death so maybe a dusting, as the 2nd front comes through tomorrow expect a right old mess but ultimately ending as snow, the favourable thing for the SE now is the Wrap around as the Low gets stuck in the Southern North Sea, this could introduce much heavier precip overnight and into Tuesday, and this would be ALL Snow. We then have a tightening of the Isobars bringing in alternating Easterlies with North Easterlies which should push that convection well into the London area for Wednesday and Thursday, End of the week I actually think we will be dry and cold in the SE As the front has trouble even getting any furthe east than the West Country, fun and games for them to end the week maybe!

In short. Bring on the convective type rather than these pesky marginal frontal type jobbies!!

Posted

just started snowing here in hastings ! woop woop blum.gif

?? ..... Ive been on Hastings seafront since 10.30 this morning till 2pm this afternoon and there was no snow at all in that time, not even one flake. Just got back via the Firehills though and there were about 3 tiny dots of sleet in the air for 2 minutes. What part of Hastings did you get snow Ololly ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Yeah I much prefere convective showers off the north sea. Always see to do better from those situation. Just seen the country file forecast. Had snow for our region virtual every day. I'll take that!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Whereisthesnow?, on 13 January 2013 - 14:26 , said:

I think so yes.

The 12z and 18z models need to show a correction WEST of the ppn and associated milder sector of upper air. That will help to keep the dew points down a notch and hopefully, fingers crossed keep most of us in the snow band rather than a wintry mix.

In truth it looks more and more likely its going to be a look out your window and pray type situation.

Thanks Shrimper - going by past experience the snow just appears and BANG red alert warning appears on the Met Office site. That had happened so many times - usually when I'm stuck at work and my wife is stranded in Bromley. Bromley gets hit quite badly.

Posted

Yes, always a nightmare with systems from the North West and their associated warm sectors, looking forward to the Convective Showers next week!

Posted

The following has also been sent to Croydon Council as well biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

South East England 90% Icy conditions and low temperatures throughout. Snow accumulations expected from Sunday evening, through Monday and Tuesday with snow showers later. Strengthening winds later exacerbating the cold feel.

London 90% Icy conditions and low temperatures throughout. Snow accumulations expected Monday and Tuesday with snow showers later. Strengthening winds later exacerbating the cold feel.