Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

?? ..... Ive been on Hastings seafront since 10.30 this morning till 2pm this afternoon and there was no snow at all in that time, not even one flake. Just got back via the Firehills though and there were about 3 tiny dots of sleet in the air for 2 minutes. What part of Hastings did you get snow Ololly ??

There has been a few very light snow flurries in the air over this way for the last hour or so, but I only noticed that when I briefly went outside to the garden with my cat in tow. To the average person (who isn't a snow fanatic like some of uswink.png ) they probably would't have seen it. However Shadow (my cat) keeps sniffing the air and nodding wisely. He knows what this week might bring you know..tongue.pngacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Just had a very light snow flurry in Hailsham. As others have said feels noticeably colder. Can't quite understand the eagerness of some to write off prospects for this week given what's currently projected and I suspect they'll be some further upgrades literally a matter of hours before any snow falls, especially Tuesday to Thursday which looks full of potential IMHO.

Posted

Yes, always a nightmare with systems from the North West and their associated warm sectors, looking forward to the Convective Showers next week!

and remember people thats the idle wind direction for the perfect streamer to form on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Was snowing about two hours ago just south of maidstone for an hour on and off 3/10 intensity

Posted

Watch the 12z output stick us back in the game. Then the 18z to snatch it away again!

Thats about the sum of it with regards to tomorrow, at the moment.

Pure "nowcast" situation!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

You see, Metcheck ( I know, not the most reliable of sources) have the line of snow from Scotland, right through London into Kent a&e being Hugh risk for heavy and persistent snow - 15 cms.

You see, Metcheck ( I know, not the most reliable of sources) have the line of snow from Scotland, right through London into Kent a&e being Hugh risk for heavy and persistent snow - 15 cms.

Sorry, just noticed some errors in my post. I don't mean a&e or Hugh ( I mean high).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Made the rest of the family go for a walk in the few flakes falling from the sky!!.......Definitely a different feel out there from this morning..............

Posted

There is some quite dark cloud here in orpington

Ooh, really? Actually, it's become cloudy here again. That's changed quickly as there was blue sky around 40 mins ago. Something brewing perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

The following has also been sent to Croydon Council as well biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

South East England 90% Icy conditions and low temperatures throughout. Snow accumulations expected from Sunday evening, through Monday and Tuesday with snow showers later. Strengthening winds later exacerbating the cold feel.

London 90% Icy conditions and low temperatures throughout. Snow accumulations expected Monday and Tuesday with snow showers later. Strengthening winds later exacerbating the cold feel.

Am i with rant Yamkin, Where i live if so i will love you forever lol wub.png

Posted

Ooh, really? Actually, it's become cloudy here again. That's changed quickly as there was blue sky around 40 mins ago. Something brewing perhaps?

Nothing on the radar, but I agree its certainly got dark.

Posted

Due to the latest bulletin from the MetO, Croydon Council will have a fleet of gritters treating A & B roads from 16:00 hrs today. Main walk ways/pavements will also be treated. Shift teams will also be in place.

post-2721-0-60128700-1358088813_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Ive been window watching all day and not even a snow flake yet,lazy.gif

Posted

Found this weather station near to me in Bexhill. Dont no how accurate it is smile.png

http://willowsweathe...splay-live.html

Looks about right Stephen for Bexhill/St Leonards/Hastings area at the time.

Posted

Nothing on the radar, but I agree its certainly got dark.

Definitely darker clouds here - but as you said nothing on the radar. Was a lot colder here earlier as well. It's going to be an afternoon of on and off the forum whilst peeping out of the window periodically.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Slightly heavier snow grains now coming from leaden grey skies. Snow shovels not yet required.

Posted

Bluebreezer- what does it look like can not view it on my phone thanks:-)

Edited by Sara

Posted

Ive been window watching all day and not even a snow flake yet,lazy.gif

Because the PPN is over Wales and the North West at the moment. Won't make it SE/London till midnight onwards, could accumulate till a couple CM's over night should it not fizzle out over night.

The band following behind should be more interesting.

Edited by Yellow Army

Posted

I can't believe how many downbeat posts are on here today and sniping at each other. Jeez it's only snow.

Seems to have fizzled out now but has anyone seen that big lump off the dutch coast? Could be interesting!

Temp 1.5

Dewpoint -2.4